Chapter 7

What? Again?

 

I woke up when I heard my name being called. I opened my eyes to see Hoya sitting by the mattress.

            “What time is it?” I asked.

            “I don’t know. There are no clocks in here and they still have my phone. They are lucky it’s a Saturday or else I’d be even more furious.”

            “It’s Saturday? I was supposed to meet up with Myungsoo today.”

            Hoya looked at me with wide eyes.

            “Wait, why? Why are you meeting up with him?”

            I put my hands on either side of his face and made him look in my eyes.

            “Hoya, I’ll only tell you this once. You jump to conclusions way to fast and worry too much. I was just going to take him out so he can have some fun and get his mind off this Sungyeol thing. Sungjong was going to come too.”

            “As if that makes it any better.”

            I rolled my eyes at Hoya’s words as he made room for himself on the mattress. I looked at the open door and remembered that I was locked in.

            “How did you get in here?” I asked.

            “Sandeul left his door open so I snuck out and unlocked your door and came in. Simple as that.”

            Hoya leaned in for a kiss but stopped when he heard Sandeul.

            “How the heck did you get in here?” he asked.

            Hoya turned his head to look at Sandeul.

            “You’re not exactly… How should I say this? Your not what I would call a genius.” He said.

            I burst out laughing and Sandeul glared at Hoya.

            “How can you date this guy?” Sandeul asked me.

            “If you’re referring to him calling you stupid, it’s only because you kidnapped him. He wouldn’t have called you that if you hadn’t kidnapped us.”

            “I didn’t kidnap you. Our dad did.”

            I groaned at the word “our”. Why does this psycho have to be related to me? I’m talking about my dad not Sandeul. I feel if he wasn’t following orders from our dad then he wouldn’t be that bad.

            “You didn’t exactly stop him though.” Hoya said. “Or help us escape.”

            “I want to but I can’t.” Sandeul looked back before coming into the room and closing the door behind him. “If I help you get away, then who knows what my dad will do to me? I have no other family so-”

            “You have me.” I said interrupting him.

            Both of the guys looked at me in shock.

            “Are you saying that if I help you escape you’d let me live with you?”

            I hesitated a moment but then nodded and Sandeul smiled.

            “ChanSook, are you crazy? Your dad will come looking for him and you. If Sandeul knows where your house is, then your dad must know too.”

            “Actually, only I know.” Sandeul clarified.

            “Then you can come live with me.”

            Hoya tried to talk me out of it but I didn’t listen. Sandeul wasn’t that bad of a person and this was the only way to get out. My dad was out getting everyone breakfast because even though he kidnapped us, Sandeul said he was trying to be a good host. It didn’t make sense to me but I didn’t complain about it. It gave us a chance to make a break for it. We left the empty building and rode a bus back to my house. Once we reached my house, I saw my mom with Daniel. Right now I didn’t care about Daniel. Sandeul then remembered to give me and Hoya our phones back.

            “It’s about time.” Hoya commented.

            I checked my phone and saw both Myungsoo and Sungjong had tried to call me a few times. Then I checked the time and saw I was supposed to be meeting them right about now. I sent a quick text to tell them I would be leaving soon then took a seat by my mom.

            “Mom, this is Sandeul” I said introducing her.

            “Please tell me that this isn’t the friend’s house you stayed at.” She said almost begging.

            “Nope. Maybe I should clarify. Mom, this is my half brother Sandeul. I’ll explain all of this but I saw dad. He took Hoya and I and Sandeul helped us get away. But Sandeul is scared to go back so can he stay here?”

            My mom looked back and fourth between Sandeul and I. Then once to Daniel then to Hoya before finally speaking.

            “No.” she said.

            “What?” I asked.

            Did I hear my mom right? Why didn’t she want to Sandeul stay? He helped me escape from my dad.

            “Do you really expect me to let this boy you say is your brother, live here?”

            “Half brother mom. His dad is my dad but we have different moms. His mom left him so all he has is dad who kidnapped Hoya and I. He was helping him out with this kidnap because he didn’t want to know what would happen if he said no. But he decided to help us get out so now he needs somewhere to stay so I said that he could stay here.”

            “You shouldn’t have said that without asking me.” She said.

            “So you won’t even though I would still be with dad right now?” I asked getting mad.

            He saved me. I guess I wasn’t really in danger but still. Who knows? Maybe I would have been if I didn’t cooperate.

            “No, I didn’t say that. I’m just saying you should have asked me first. However, he can stay.”

            Sandeul and I cheered and Hoya did too in a non-enthusiastic way.

            “Thank you so much.” Sandeul said to me and my mom.

            There was a knock on the door and it was Sungjong who let himself in.

            “Is it okay that I…. what are you doing here?”  Sungjong went up to Sandeul trying to be intimidating.

            Let’s be honest, he’s too cute to intimidate anyone.

            “Relax Sungjong. Just give me a moment to change out of my uniform and then we can meet up with Myungsoo.”

            “Why are you still in your uniform?”

            “I’ll explain later.”

            I went into my room and quickly threw on a shirt and shorts before meeting Sungjong out in the living room where he was giving a glare to Sandeul.

            “Sungjong, that’s my half brother, you better be nice to him because he lives here now. And we are leaving before you can argue this.”

            I grabbed his arm and started to drag him to the door.

            “I’m still not okay with this.” Hoya said standing by the door.

            “Would you like it if I invited Sunggyu or Woohyun or someone else?”

            Hoya took my hand and stopped me from leaving the house.

            “Just invite me. You know, your boyfriend. Why can’t you just do that?”

            “If we spend too much time together, then how are we supposed to miss each other?”

            Hoya went to give his rebuttal but was interrupted by his phone. After responding to a text he sighed.

            “Fine, go have fun. I have to meet up with Dongwoo.”

            I gave Hoya a quick kiss before I left with Sungjong who now looked sad.

            “Sungjong, what’s the matter?” I asked.

            “Nothing.” He said.

            It didn’t seem like nothing but I dropped the subject anyway. If he didn’t want to tell me then he didn’t have to. Once we arrived at the mall, Myungsoo could tell me. If he knows.

-------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating! School has been so crazy. Hope you like this update though! I was struggling with writers block as well with my hectic school schedule. And I kind of still have writers block. If you want to suggest something, I wouldn't mind.  :) ♥