Chapter 11

What? Again?

 

This time our location was a random house that was in the middle of nowhere. There were a few guys guarding the front door and a few inside as well. I was brought to an empty room and was ordered to go nowhere. The two guys that brought me in left and in a moment I was joined by my dad. Right away he started a monologue.

            “I’m a decent guy.” He began, “but you decided to leave and take my son with you? That is not okay! I just wanted to talk to you about this whole ghost thing and you dare to leave me? I can’t believe you thought I was going to do something to you. Before, I was just going to talk. However, things have changed.”

            “Ch-changed?” I asked.

            I was full of fear right now.

            “Yes. Changed.”

            I watched my dad come up and slap me across the face. I was still tied up so I couldn’t do anything.

            “That’s for taking my son.” He said before leaving me alone in the room.

            A guy came in a few minutes later and untied me and handed me a blanket. He also took away my phone from me.

            “Try to get some sleep.” He said smirking.

            This guy knew I wouldn’t be getting any sleep on this hard, cold floor. I lay down and curled up in the blanket. There was nothing more I wanted right now, then Hoya.

            I don’t know how long it was, but I soon gave up on sleep. Sungyeol appeared around then and gave me a hug.

            “Should I tell Hoya where you are?” he asked.

            I shook my head.

            “I’ll let my dad talk to me. He says that is all he wanted to do. I’ll let him have his talk, he’ll let me go, and then things will go back to normal.”

            “What if he tries to hurt you?”

            “Then go get Hoya. Go get anyone that you feel you need to.”

            Sungyeol was kind enough to let me use his stomach as a pillow. I was almost asleep when he disappeared from under me and woke me up. I sat up and scratched my head confused. Then the door opened and in came one of the guards with JinAe. He pushed her into the room and she fell next to me. The guard left without a word and I went over to JinAe and freed her arms.

            “What is going on? Who took us?” she asked panicking.

            “My dad took us. He wants to talk to me and he can’t just come over to my house like a normal person.”

            “Well then why am I here if he just wants to talk to you?”

            “Maybe it’s because you saw what happened and he doesn’t want you calling for help.”

            I don’t know how but the two of us managed to fall asleep. Then the thing that woke me up in the morning was a granola bar being thrown at me. It was my dad that had thrown it. I looked over at JinAe and he had thrown one at her. She sat up and her eyes widened with shock.

            “Your Sandeul’s dad.” She said.

            “Didn’t I tell you we had the same dad?” I asked.

            “No, you just told me you guys were family. You never told me he was your brother.”

            “Half brother.” I clarified.

            My dad had JinAe taken out of the room so it was just the two of us.

            “I have a theory but before I can tell you it I want some more information.” My dad said. “Like has anyone died that was close to you?”

            “My aunt died about a month before we moved here.” I said.

            “And she was close to you?”

            I nodded and it was then silent as my dad was adding this new information to his mind. After a while, he said,

            “I got it. I have an explanation.”

            I was so glad to hear this. That meant after he told me, I could leave.

            “So what’s the explanation?” I asked.

            “I think you see people you have a connection with. I know you didn’t know Hoya at the time but he knew you right? He at lest felt something. Then you have your other friend. I think instead of seeing everyone you just see people that matter to you.”

            “If that is true, then why don’t I see my aunt?”

            My dad shrugged his shoulders then called for JinAe to be brought back in.

            “I’ll think it over then get back to you. In the mean time, you two just relax.”

            “Wait!” I said but he already left the room.

            Why can’t he just talk it over with me? I want to leave! I want to see Hoya. If he talked it out instead of trying to figure this all out by himself then I could be leaving a lot quicker. What was with him and trying to figure everything out by himself? Sungyeol appeared in the room and I pretended to be looking off into space as I said to him,

            “I want Hoya.”

            “Now? You want me to go get him?” Sungyeol asked.

            I subtly nodded and Sungyeol left to go get Hoya.

            “I want Sandeul.” JinAe said.

            Then we both looked at each other and said the same thing.

            “I want to leave.” 

----------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait! I had writers block. :P