Chapter Five: The Ninja

Elzora Academy

 

Outside the classroom, a small group of boys and girls surrounded Tats. Some girls saying “Unnie you’re such a great witch!” and boys saying “Tats!! Call me Oppa!!” and the rest saying “You really are a natural!!” This made Tats smile widely and that showed yet again another beautiful gummy smile.

Yongguk: Woah. Just one class and that girl is already popular.

Shishi: *Imitates an unreasonable girlfriend tone* Ugh! Looking at other girls already!! If you like to stare at her so much then go date her instead!! *flips hair angrily and storms off*

Yongguk: *pretends to stutter* B..baby! No! I can explain! *Running after her*

Both of them looked at each other and burst out into laughter yet again. Shishi and Yongguk had a really unique relationship. They knew each other so well that they were almost able to read the each other’s mind and play along, adapting to each other’s little “drama scenes”. It was their own little special way of poking fun at each other. Soon they reached the potions classroom by following the crowd of first years that surrounded Tats. When all of them were near the potions classroom, it felt like they crossed over an imaginary barrier. All noises cause by them and the school died down and the atmosphere became cold and serious. Not to mention it the drop in temperature as they approached the potions classroom, Shishi slipped her hand into Yongguk’s for warmth. Suddenly, a cold and quiet voice said “Enter…” Although it was quiet it was somehow commanding. The first years rushed into the classroom.

The classroom really gave off a kind of dark presence. It was the opposite of what Professor Quet’s classroom looked like. It had absolutely no sunlight streaming in. The only thing that was keeping the room from pitch blackness was a few candles lining the walls of the classroom. It wasn’t Candlets it was just ordinary candles. The room was filled with rows of tables with three small glass bottles placed on each of them. On the left side of the classroom there were many jars on cold metal shelves. Each holding a variety of strange things. The first years looked at the labels placed on the jars “Snake’s skin”, “Gaunt’s eyeballs”, “Dragon Scales” Were written on some of the jars. Students then hurriedly sat down as they felt the Professor’s cold eyes pierce their skin. The professor stood at the front of the class, he had a hooked like nose and black cold beaded eyes.

“I am. Professor Hooks. Your Basics Potions teacher. If you pay attention, there will be no need for us to have any talking or asking of questions whatsoever during and after this class. Now. See those bottles of ingredients on the table?”

Three small glass bottles could be seen on the tables. All could only hold a small amount of the ingredient compared to the huge jars seen on the left of the classroom. In a small glass bottle placed on the left corner of the table had a firmly embedded cork in it. It contained tiny, beautiful and delicate blue flower petals. The label read “Primitime petals”. Next to it was another small clear glass bottle with a round metal cap clasp tightly and bound on the bottle. In which held a strange liquid- No it wasn’t just liquid it was kind of a liquid and gas mixture. It seemed to have a small amount of purple liquid at the bottom of the bottle, which very slowly evaporates into purple fumes clouding the entire bottle with purple fumes swirling on the top and liquid at the bottom, this bottle was labeled “Phantom of fear”. The last bottle on the right was also in a small glass bottle that had a plastic cap that slightly covered the bottle. It was just a colorless like substance kind of like Mercury except colorless. The bottle was labeled “Memorunes”

A cold voice rang through the classroom. “Can anyone tell me what these are? You. Boy. Tell me.” He pointed to a boy that sat at the first row. The boy stopped rambling to his friend and only now anxiously started looking at the ingredients. He whispered to himself. *Primitime petals? ,Phantom of fear? ,Memorunes? What is this? What strange ingredients are these? Primtime. Time? Phantom of fear. Fear? Memorun-* “Quickly!” Professor Hook rushed. “TIME, FEAR and uhh…” The boy quickly answered. “Correct boy. Name?” Professor Hook had a small smile on his face it gave off a really different feel although it was small but it felt quite refreshing and different from his usual stone cold face. “It’s YoungJae. Sir.”

Professor Hook nodded and his smile quickly disappeared and returned to his stone cold face.

*Norms: Average people in another realm that have no magical abilities what so ever.

 “Tch Norms always say time heals everything. But does it? Does it really? Time doesn’t heal or overcome Fear, Courage does. Does Time erase bad Memories? No. Memories will always be remembered and never forgotten either good or bad.” Then the bell rang, everyone ran out of the classroom to escape from the cold.

Shishi: Sooo… How did that even relate to Potions?

Yongguk: *shrugs* No clue. But hey gotta give him mad props for what he said. It’s made sense and is pretty damn true.

Shishi: Yeah… Our next class is Gym. *Puts back winged key in her pocket* Let’s get changed then.

There was no specific clothing when it came to well- Anything in this school and gym was no exception. “As long as students were comfortable” was frequently said by Headmaster Ziaco. After changing, Shishi opened the toilet door and bumped into something hard. She looked up and saw Yongguk looking down at her and smiling. She quickly took her hand away from his chest and started blushing. “Clumsy girl” Yongguk said as he messed up Shishi’s hair. Shishi blushed even more when she saw what he was wearing.

Shishi: *Omg… Seriously. Black tank top? Wae… ;A; Why does he keep doing this to me..*

She then hid her pinkish face with both of her hands and started walking away.

Yongguk: Yah! Wait for me!! *chuckles* Why are you acting so strange? It’s not like you have never seen me wear a tank top before. Yah!! What the rush!!

Yongguk caught up with Shishi and pushed the gym door open for her. Shishi slowly lifted her hands off her face and turned to look at Yongguk.

Yongguk: *She’s still blushing. Ahh... Sometimes she really is cute. I made a good choice of wearing this in order to see her innocent side* *smirks*

At this time, all or most first years were already in the gym. Sounds of bells were suddenly heard by the door. A petite lady ran through the gym doors, grabbed the rope that was hanging from the ceiling then back flipped and landed softly in the center of the first years. Everyone clapped loudly and was in awe at what they had just seen. She looked up and smiled, bells on the sides of her black and red hat jingled.

She dusted her hands in the air while saying “I’m Professor Jeshire, your Acrobatics teacher. Nice to meet you all” and bowed to the students. Professor Jeshire had golden blond hair which she braided into a side ponytail. She had bright blue eyes and very little makeup on.  “Alright. I want all of you to imitate exactly what I just did.” All the students open their mouths some in shock, others wanting to protest. “Oh!! I’m kidding! I’m kidding! Gosh XD” She laughed as she teased the students. “In order to see how creative you guys are I want you guys to reach that platform” She pointed to a high platform, on the side there was a wall that had a few stones that could be grabbed, the area near the platform had no stones it was only the bottom that had stones. The platform was slightly distant from the hanging rope there was also a hoop floating between the rope and the platform. She then continued “No. This is not some first year bonding mission where all of you build a pyramid and get on the platform no. This is a solo mission. Just get on that platform. It does not matter how you do it. Be creative” She giggled.

 

Yongguk decided to be the first to take on the challenge. He decided to go straight to the platform. Professor Jeshire clapped enthusiastically. He started to climb the side of the platform. He then held onto the last stone left for him to grab. The platform was just a few centimeters away from his grasp. He thought to himself “Maybe I could pull myself up. I think I have enough upper body strength. Here goes…” Yongguk boosted himself up, letting go off the stones his hands held. He grasps the side of the platform. He did it. He was now hanging on the side of the platform, the only thing preventing him from falling were his hands that gripped tightly on the platform. As he pulled himself up his arms vibrated slightly. Students from below watched with their mouths open, girls squealed as they saw Yongguk’s muscles bulge out and found that extremely manly in which Shishi felt pretty proud. Guys were utterly amazed by how he actually managed to grab on the platform. With great effort, he was on the platform and gave Shishi a gummy smile.

All the students including Professor Jeshire clapped and praised Yongguk. “I like a student who tries. Who’s next!!” After Yongguk’s success, Yongguk’s roommate decided to have a go. “Jongup! Good, good!!” Professor Jeshire exclaimed. Jongup was a quiet yet playful and an awkward person all at the same time. His gaze would change when he is focused or doing something he is passionate about according to Yongguk. Jongup followed Yongguk’s method of getting to the platform and also successfully conquered the challenge. After many rounds of students falling down and having the floating mats catch them and students refusing profusely, Tats decided to have a go. Being the first girl, Professor Jeshire got excited and encouraged her to do her best. Tats decided to scale the rope then swing over to the hoop, using the hoop to then swing herself onto the platform but of course. Not all plans work out. Tats climb the rope to quite a height which was impressive for a girl and tried to swing to the hoop in which she was unsuccessful and could not grab the hoop in time.

 Before the floating mats could get to her, a guy who wore a black mask jumped to her side and caught her in the air then landed gently and set her down on the ground. “Aww thanks Dae Dae!!” Tats smiled as she thanked Daehyun and he also smiled. At the corner of Yongguk’s eye he noticed a pair of shoulders sunk in disappointment. Yongguk chuckled at the fact that this guy was not able to catch Tats instead Tats was caught by Daehyun. Professor Jeshire then patted Daehyun on the back “Now this is exactly what acrobatics is all about. Awesome Daehyun. Pure awesomeness.” The bell rang and everyone bid farewell to Professor Jeshire. Professor Jeshire waved happily to the students as they exited the gym.

Yongguk: Ninja much?

Shishi: I know right. Wow he’s fast. I couldn’t even see him.

As they walked down the hallway, some girls greeted and waved at Yongguk, students started talking about how heroic Daehyun was for saving Tats and also how Daehyun and Tats made a cute couple and they looked good together. Yongguk took out his winged key and it read “Break time.”

Yongguk: Aww yeah!! Break time! Let’s go Shister!  

 

Alright :D How was that chapter? I'm trying to write longer since some of my friends says its too short :) Isn't that Jester hat awesome? I freaking love it!! Woo Harley Quinn :D!! Please comment and let me know if i should write about this length or not ^-^ Here's freaking adorable Daehyun for everyone!!