Chapter Eighteen: Keys & Water

Elzora Academy

“What? Is that our name right now?” Himchan snorted. “Yeap!” Keke giggled. “I love it!” Shishi exclaimed. “Well now that everyone is here there isn’t actually much to discuss I guess we just have to work together in a group of ten.” “Leader hyung, ten?” “Well considering how we need to work with our partners who also consist of Krystal, Kris and Youngjae so ten.” “I don’t think it’s a good idea for Krystal and me to be in the same group.” “Relax quiet one, we’ve still got to work in pairs. And I don’t think your hero will let anything happen to you.” Tats said with a twinkle in her eye. “Huh?” Keke stared blankly at Tats and she laughed.

“Hyung!! Stop eating!” Jongup exclaimed and made Daehyun jump making his empty plate slide out of his hands. It was about to fall to the floor and shatter into pieces when a blue glowing ring surrounded the plate, the ring made the plate levitate in the air and return safely back on the table. “Do you need another plate of cheesecake sir?” A familiar face appeared behind the counter and smiled at Daehyun. “Yes plea- Oww!” Tats stomped on Daehyun’s feet before he could ask for another serving. “Nope he’s fine… Right?” Tats glared at Daehyun before she smiled at Krystal’s sister again. He pouted looking at his small stack of plates. “Oh and you guys’ break just ended, you’d better get to class!” She smiled with her arms akimbo. “Oh alright thanks unnie!” Tats stood up and left with the rest.

“Youngjae!” “Oh Daehyun!” Daehyun ran to Youngjae’s side and the others approached him. “We’re going to be in a group of ten is that alright?” “Mmm I guess so. Lemme just cross it out from the list.” Youngjae took out his parchment that was given previously from his back pocket, “Eh? It’s gone.” “What is oppa?” Krystal suddenly popped in their conversation. “The task of forming groups, it disappeared and is now replaced by another task.” ‘Planning & Sketching of structure, Progress Check & Approval.’  Was now written on the parchment. “Come in everyone!” Professor Alchears’ voice echoed from behind the door. Youngjae quickly stashed the parchment back in his pocket and all the first years headed in.

On all of the workbenches were huge butcher sheets and floating sets of all types of pencils ranging from thin to thick. “Settle down in your groups, no less than ten.” “Shishi!!” Krystal squealed and ran to Shishi’s side. “Uhh, we’re going to go with them is that okay?” Shishi pointed to the rest of Project Failure. “Uhh is Daehyun gonna be in our group? “ “Yeah, yeah he is.” Shishi covered her ears as Krystal let out a high pitched squeal of delight. All of Project Failure together with Kris, Youngjae and Krystal sat around two work benches. Ashlee and her partner somehow joined in too but it didn’t matter to them. “My niece, Toto will be joining us for today’s discussion and she will be going to observe you guys, please ask her if you have queries.” “Hello everyone!” A girl with long blue hair waved to the first years through a floating ball. The ball was orange in colour. It was the same one that Yongguk recently saw Professor Alchears with. Everyone waved and greeted her.

“Alright so I was thinking of a bigger winged key as our Traveler’s Hoot. You guys cool with that?” Himchan started to take a thin pencil and sketch out the head of a key on the butcher sheet. “Mmm hmm!” Tats smiled widely, “If Tats says it’s okay then all is well.” Himchan smiled and continued sketching. From the corner of the room, Daehyun smiled. “You guys are seriously just letting him be like this?” Kris stood up. “Be like what ._.?” Shishi replied. “You guys agree way too easily, I don’t like the idea.” Kris stared at Himchan waiting for his response but he simply didn’t care to reply Kris. “Well genius, if you disagree so much then what’s your idea?” Yongguk questioned him. “I-I’m calling Toto to ask for her opinion.” “Go ahead.” Jongup said quietly.

“Hehe, how may I help you?” “Oh uhh Miss Toto I was wondering if we could have your opinion on our project.” “Oh sure! And I’m not exactly older than you guys in fact I’m younger…” “Oh uhh wow.” Kris stared at Toto with his mouth wide open. “I guess you could say I’m a prodigy.” She giggled and flipped her hair, “Haha! Nah I’m kidding. Ooo I love that key idea, it’s really pretty!” Toto clapped her hands. “Oh you think so? Oh okay then thank you Toto.” “Yeah sure!” She laughed and went away.

“She’s cute…” Kris gaped. Daehyun stopped smiling and shook his head. *Does he have any idea how lucky he is? Being paired with Tats, he can still call other girls cute? Ugh this guy pisses me off.* Himchan rolled his eyes and he shook the thought out of his mind, focusing on sketching.  

At the end of the class, Professor Alchears commented that their group was really productive as they had finish sketching their model. They got Professor Alchears’ approval and they were ready to start assigning roles for building. They waved goodbye to Toto and Professor Alchears before they went to Charms.

“Class, class quickly enter! I’m excited for today’s lesson!” Professor Quet smiled and patted his thighs excitedly. “Today!” He started as he slapped the rod on the board. “We’re going to learn something tested for mid years!” On everyone’s table was a flask of water placed on top of a tray with absorbent pads. “Yes yes! Mid years are around the corner so you must perfect this before it arrives! Yes! So let’s go go go!” He started to talk really fast. “Student at the front, yes you! Help me take this metal bowl out!” He pointed to a random student at the front and he ran up. The student placed the metal bowl onto the table. The student backed away from the bowl and quickly returned to his seat before anything happened to him. The bowl contained something that seemed to produce white mist. “Be hold!” He said in a bellowing voice. All the first years stared at the mysterious object with their mouths hanging open. “Isn’t that just dry ice?” Shishi raised her eyebrows. “Yeah I know right! Is this stuff new to the magic world?” Youngjae stared back at Shishi and shrugged her shoulders. “What’s that?” Keke stared with her eyes wide open. Shishi and Youngjae just stared at each other in disbelief. “All of you think it is something magical and wonderful eh? Nope! It’s just dry ice! It’s something I just found fascinating from the Norms realm and I brought it here to show you all! Isn’t amazing?” Professor Quet stared at the metal bowl. Youngjae and Shishi raised their hands, “We knew.” Professor Quet’s face fell, “Ahh, let me guess you guys’ parents are Norms?” “Yeap.” Youngjae said while Shishi nodded. Professor Quet cleared his throat, “Well, this is a little awkward.”   

There was an awkward silence before Professor Quet spoke again. He went back to his excited self, “Let’s get back to our lesson then, you must be fast and quick like a ninja. First take the flask full of water, and pour it!” He poured the water in the midst of air, “then say Solidify and done! It becomes ice!” The water immediately turned into a block of ice. He then raises his wand, a purple ring surrounds the block of ice and levitates it before it hits the ground. “Alright, because of you guys being inexperience, I want you all to do this on the table first! So pour it on the table and do the exact same thing.” “But sir, what if we’re not quick enough?” A student asked. “Which is why there are absorbent pads, it doesn’t matter if you guys don’t do the spell when the water is in midair, it will be absorbed into the absorbent pads. However, you can still say the spell and you will still succeed in forming an ice cube.” “But won’t the ice cube melt back into water?” Another student questioned. “That’s the beautiful thing about Charms, it does not act as a normal ice cube unless heat is applied but well that’s another thing that you may learn in the future.” Professor Quet chuckled.

 “Uhh sir, then what about Illumination?” Jongup raised his hand. “What Illumination? You know, Illuminate and Deluminate? Since when did you guys learn that? Hooo Jongup taking your own initiative to do things, I like that Jongup.” Professor Quet gave him a thumbs up. “But everyone-“ “Shh Jongup, it’s okay he’s a little.” Yongguk used his index finger and did little circles around his temple; suggesting he was a little crazy. 

Soon everyone tried to solidify their own flask of water. “One more thing, the way you say it will depend how much of water is frozen and remains as a liquid.” Most first years succeeded in making ice cubes but they weren’t perfect, the sides of the ice cube were either chipped off or just melted quickly back to water. Before class ended, Daehyun and a few other students quickly got the hang of it and formed an ice cube that was close to perfect. Professor Quet nodded his head in approval, “I see that you’re good with water then.” Professor Quet said as the bell rung.


Alright :D! Hey guys, hope you guys support my collaboration "The Fangirl Guardian Angel"   with my awesome unnie, LITTLE-STARRRS she's an amazing author so head over to her profile and read her fanfics kekeke :D Hope all of you continue to enjoy EA :D!!   I did a double update this week so go ahead and read the next chapter ;)