Chapter Eleven: Traveler's Hoot & Perks

Elzora Academy

 

Students shifted themselves to sit with their respective partners. “Hello Shishi!!” “Uhh hi Krystal.” Shishi waved to Krystal as Krystal smiled widely. Keke looked over to Shishi’s and Krystal’s workbench *why is she being so nice now? I smell something fishy.* Krystal caught Keke staring at their workbench and rolled her eyes. “Ugh she’s staring at us.” “Hmm? Who?” Shishi asked as she looked around. “Keke.” Krystal replied “Ahh…” *I’ve got to be smart right now, I can’t be in Krystal’s blacklist. I’ve got deal with her for a whole damn month. And plus Keke is my friend. Finding out more about why she dislikes her so much would be good.* “She’s such a loser. Honestly I don’t even know why she knows you guys.” “Hmm? What do you mean?” “Well you guys are so you know while she’s so…” Krystal answered and did a thumbs down when she mentioned Keke. “Haha we’re so…?” “Ugh, you hanging around her made you dumb too.” “I’m sorry what?” *She did not just call Keke and me dumb. Alright chill. Shishi chill.* Shishi puffed up her cheeks as she let some of her air and anger escape from her.

 

“Alright everyone, don’t be alarmed I’ll be attaching everything you need to your winged key.” Professor Alchears motioned the first years to settle down as all of their keys flew towards the front of the workshop. All of their blue wings flapped slowly as they hovered in the air. Sparks erupted from Professor Alchears’ finger tips, each one going to the keys. When the balls of sparks touched the key, it melted right in. Then more sparks came together, a piece of parchment slowly took shape. Words then started glowing on the newly formed piece of parchment. After all the instructions were written, the keys flew back and tugged themselves back into where their owners usually kept them. The students began to read what was written.

 

 

“Alright, I’ll end the class early for you guys to digest what you need to do. But, before that. I will like to elaborate more. Firstly, how many of you would like to do pair work? Put your hands up.” Professor Alchears turned his back as he used his index finger to write something in air. He turned back to look at the first years. Above his head there were bright and glowing orange letters spelling the words “PW”. He took a step to the left and ten first years raised their hands, Kris was waving his hand a bit too enthusiastically. A big number ten then appeared below the heading of “PW”. Professor Alchears then drew a “G” in the air with his index finger. A glowing “G” appeared on the other side. “How many wants group work?” This time the response was much greater. “Just as I thought, well by majority it’s group work then.”  *Why didn’t he just asked that in the first place and not put us in pairs?* Shishi wondered.

 

“I’m going to let all of you pick your own group members but there’s a catch.” *Ahh of course there’s one.* Shishi thought. “Everyone still needs to work with their partners.”  After hearing that, some students were happy and elated while others groaned. “Don’t discuss about groups right now you can do it after class.” “Er ma gawd!! Who are you working with Shishi? Daehyun? Yongguk?” Krystal stared wide eyed at Shishi and kept slapping Shishi’s arm excitedly. “Uhh honestly Krystal I don’t know yet.” Shishi replied as she rubbed her now red arm and Krystal giggled “Awesome!” Some students exclaimed and they began to feel excited, chattering away. *Great. I didn’t listen to what he was saying just now and I don’t have a clue what a Traveler’s Hoot is.* “Why is everyone suddenly chattering?” “Oh they’re probably talking about the Traveler’s Hoot we are going to build it.” “Ahh.. Uhh what’s a Traveler’s Hoot?” “Oh silly! Have you not been paying attention in class? Haha! Shishi you’re so funny!” “Haha… Uhh yeah I wonder why… Damn does she ever stop talking?” Shishi whispered to herself. “Well a Traveler’s Hoot is basically something like a messenger, yeah it brings you stuff like mail and gifts from family and friends. My sister builds like a lot. And gives them to me and the rest of the family.” Krystal proudly said while chewing on a piece of gum.  

 

Everyone was then startled by the sound of the bell ringing. They all said their goodbyes as Professor Alchears smiled merrily. After class, Yongguk walked out of the workshop and waited for Shishi by the balcony right outside class. While Shishi was being held up by none other than Krystal. “Here’s my number kay girlfriend? Call me!” Krystal shoved a rolled up piece of paper in Shishi’s hand and ran off to join her friends, Youngjae, Kris and another girl. Shishi uncoiled the paper and wagged it lightly in the air. She looked up as her fringe flew a little as she blew some air out. She exited the workshop and saw Yongguk’s back facing her as he leaned against the balcony. *Heh heh I shall scare him. Kekekkekeke. Wait I just realize how cool Keke’s name is ._.* She tiptoed towards Yongguk and was careful not to make a sound. She was right behind him and then she said “BOO!” as she slid her arms around Yongguk’s waist. He wasn’t a tad bit startled instead he calmly said “Aigoo, I should be the one doing the back hugging not you. If wanna hug just hug me from the front so I can kiss you too.”  Shishi quickly let go of Yongguk as she flushed with embarrassment. Yongguk turned to face Shishi and smiled. He then leaned in and kissed her on the forehead making Shishi’s face even redder. “How’s your partner?” “Uh uh she she she’s okay.” Shishi stuttered severely. “Aigoo your stuttering problem is coming back.” “I do not have a stuttering problem okay!” “Oh feisty are we missy?” Yongguk laughed as they walked down the steps towards the ground floor.

 

“Let’s discuss the groupings later during our break, right now we’ve got Potions again.” “Alright, anyways how’s Himchan?” “Ahh him, he’s okay I guess. Cool guy I would say. Why? You interested in him? I’ve got his number.” “Omg seriously? I totally dig guys like him! Damn he’s so hot!” Shishi said in a voice that sounded almost like Krystal’s “Yah!! I just kissed you on the forehead! Don’t you dare call other guys hot!” Yongguk exclaimed although he knew that Shishi was only kidding. Shishi giggled at Yongguk’s protectiveness. Soon they reached the entrance to the corridor that leads to Potions. “Well prepare for some major temperature drop. And you’re gonna be cold cause I ain’t holding your hand!” Yongguk stuck out his tongue like a little kid. “Aigoo xD… Are we having a cold war right now?” Shishi and Yongguk laughed at the silliness of that idea and held hands as they walked to the Potions classroom.

 

 When they got there, the students were crowding around the windows of the potions classroom. “Woah! What’s up with all this excitement with Potions?” Shishi stared at the students which were craning their necks to get a better look into the classroom. They heard the familiar cold voice that said “Class dismiss.” The girls that were waiting outside desperately wanting to gain entry then rushed in, pushing the students that were making their way out of the classroom. “Why are they all acting like oh-“ Shishi finally knew the answer as she stepped into the classroom. On the chalkboard were the words “FLAWLESS SKIN POTION”. She then thought about how odd it was that the students which were exiting the room had perfect and shining skin it all made sense now. “Professor! Professor! Is that what we are going to do today?” One of the girls asked excitedly “Can we? Can we?” The other begged. Soon the girls surrounded Professor Hooks as they pleaded with him. He then used his fingers to massage his temples. He sighed then said “Silence.” In an extremely hushed tone “Get back your places.” He then continued. The girls shuffled their feet with pouty faces back to their places. In front of them was a different setting from yesterday, each of them had a big cauldron in front of them and ingredients that they were unfamiliar with. “Today, we’re going to make our very first potion. Perks. Read what you are given and check if you have all the ingredients on your table.” There was a moment of silence while they read what was written on the piece of parchment as Professor Hooks paced around the room observing the students.

 

“Everyone done? I’m pretty sure this is going to be useful to you. All!” Professor Hooks emphasized on the word “all” as he slapped the back of one of the students that was sleeping. The student woke up his eyes were extremely red. “Right. Perks are basically from the name, it perks up your day. It keeps you awake for the day. If brewed wrongly you would not be able to sleep for a month.” He glared at the students and they gasped in horror. “So better pay attention. This can be either help you or it could bring trouble to you.” “Uhh Professor, is there a cure for this then?” Youngjae asked feeling concerned. “Of course, a cure that takes a TrickleMoon to brew. But fortunately I have it right here.” He held up a bubbling orange liquid that is kept in a tall glass bottle with a circular cap and shook it. The sound of broken glass then pierced through the sudden silence. Professor Hooks had dropped the cure on the floor. “Oops, I guess we don’t have the cure now. Which means we have to have to pay more attention today and to get the potion right then.” Professor Hooks smirked as he looked at the bubbling liquid on the floor. “These perks can be in the forms of a food, beverage or potion.” “You may now begin.” 

 


Oops :P Forgot to add in these extras XD Anyways how was this chapter? Everyone enjoying the story so far? ^-^ Well *sigh* Stay Strong Dalmates & BBCs.