Chapter Twenty One: Forbidden Bunny Creatures

Elzora Academy

“Morning everyone!!” Jaehyo chirped. “Morning hyung!” Jongup smiled brightly while Yongguk managed to growl a morning. “This is my piglet that sleeps with me!” Jaehyo wiggled his toy pig in front of their faces. “Okay.” Was all Himchan said before he leaned against a tree and went back to sleep.

“Yah! Kim Himchan! Wake up!” Tats ran over to Himchan’s side and shook him hard, he sat up but his eyes were still closed. “Tats uhh! Go kiss him see if he wakes up!” Daehyun joked. “Okay!” Tats replied and kissed Himchan on the cheek.

Immediately all of them started cringing and all of their faces went all scrunched up. Yongguk hid his face with his palms, laughing. Jongup already was on the grass rolling around. “Gaaahh!!!” Came out from Daehyun’s mouth and he too was laughing. Shishi banged her fists repeatedly on the bark of the tree. “Oh my.” Keke uttered.

“I feel like I’m watching a children’s drama.” Jaehyo stared at all of them which were either already on the grass rolling around or holding onto a tree to support them from collapsing. “Kid kid magic! It feels like something like that would come out next.” Tats chuckled.

 “I’m awake!” Himchan’s eyes were wide open now and he stood up. “Eyy Himchan, you shouldn’t wake up now. Then maybe she would kiss you on the lips next. Aish, you’re so clueless.” Jaehyo swung his toy piglet around his neck and walked away. “Don’t you dare sit you back down.” “Ooo fierce eh? I like that.” Himchan touched his cheek and smiled.

“Right, so a couple of things you guys need to know. We are right now in the main cottage, where all the medicines, tonics, antidotes, cotton swabs and so on are stored.” Jaehyo paused to allow them to take a look and familiarize themselves with the area.

 “Try not to break anything alright sweetie?” Jaehyo whispered to Keke and smiled. And Keke gave a subtly nod.

“There are small golden bells on every leaf that’s in the rest area. They would ring it if they need anything, but don’t worry they won’t ring the bell for no reason. You know if they are being really s you could just flip their leaf. I do that all the time.” Jaehyo flashed an evil grin.

“I’ll teach you guys the tonics later, but right now I’ll just make some beforehand so go and explore.” His gaze suddenly changed to a really serious one, “Wait.” He placed his hand on Yongguk’s shoulder and tightened his grip. *Holy crap, this hyung is stong.* Yongguk swallowed. “See that cottage under that tree?” He glared at them and they nodded profusely. “Don’t you dare step foot in it aight?” He then smiled after they nodded, “Now go and explore Elnaf!”

-----

After exploring, they came back to the cottage and saw that Jaehyo was brewing a big pot of bubbling green liquid. “Oh you’re back, that’s quick. You didn’t go into the room right?” “No no sir of course not!” Tats shook her head. “Good. So, at each tip of every leaf, there will be a permanent water drop there. A big one, big enough for you to see from far. Those water droplets corresponds with the clients’ feeling as well as what type of potion they need.”

“There is a table constructed to show what these different colours mean. Any of you guys colour blind?” Jaehyo looked around and all of them shook their heads. “Okay, so you should be able to read the table and cater to the clients’ needs. You guys don’t wanna fail your first mid years right?” He patted Jongup’s back. His eyes then darted outside the window and saw one of the transparent water droplets turn blue, “There’s your first client.” “What where?” Shishi craned her neck to get a better view but couldn’t see anything. “Please proceed.” Jaehyo opened the door of the cottage.

-----

After several hours of running up and down, in and out of the cottages, the sun was setting. “Thank you!” Shishi and Himchan bowed in sync, smiling at Professor Tarian. Shishi then leads Scourge to the Woolwine cottage.

Within the few hours they were here, the group established a system. Shishi and Himchan were to welcome the new clients and well as deliveries to Elnaf. Jongup and Tats served the clients, bringing them their medicines at their scheduled times. With their great knowledge of plants and they could easily brew tonics and antidote when they ran out. Both Tats and Jongup surprised Jaehyo, Tats quickly learned how to correctly treat the clients’ wounds and injuries. She also had a wide knowledge of animals and knew how exactly what the fastest and most efficient way to heal animals. Jongup was really precise when dealing with plants and said he really respected the plants, wanting to use them well for a good cause.

 Occasionally, Tats and Himchan would do performances to entertain the clients. They played the flute and the janggu together. The clients loved their performances and clapped loudly for them. They heaped praises on them and told Jaehyo they were being treated really well. At the corner of their eyes, they could see Jaehyo nodding and smiling as he scribbled on his clipboard.

Everything was going smoothly till the group heard Tats and Jongup screaming “Time for your medicine!!” To a small floating fireball with tiny flame hands that chased a baby panda. They ran around wildly with the panda occasionally tripping over its stubby legs. The animals ran at top speed as they had Tats and Jongup hot on their heels. Yongguk and Daehyun were slacking but they called it ‘observing and supervising’ also took notice of the baby animals. They were getting nearer and nearer to the room which Jaehyo fiercely warned them not to enter.

Yongguk and Daehyun then stood guard in front of the door denying their access. However, the baby panda and so much strength that it not only made Daehyun fall and pin him to the ground, but also opened the door.

“Are you crazy?” “You can’t go in there! You saw how serious Jaehyo hyung was when he said not to enter there.” “Well we’ve got to do something right? We can’t let those baby animals run around that place.” “Leader hyung wait for me!” Jongup said panting as Yongguk barged into the room. Daehyun whistled to get Keke’s attention and communicated to her by sign language.

Shishi was by Keke’s side and couldn’t understand what Daehyun was trying to say. Keke surprisingly understood. “What did he say?” “He said to look out for Jaehyo because they are heading in that room.” “How did you- nevermind.” She gave a thumbs up to Daehyun and he went into the room.

 When the guys entered the room, they saw six bunny looking creatures. Yongguk caught a red book with a black 19 circle on the cover which flew across the room. He stared at the book a while and soon saw the owner at his feet. It was the gray creature and had a red mask with two tubes like pipes jutting out from it. Its belly area had a gray target sign, it had blotches of lighter gray spots on its gray coat.

Yongguk lowered the book down to the creature’s level and the creature quickly snatched the book away. It soon ran to another similar creature’s side and plugged it into a socket in the wall. Other than the fact that this other creature had a plug at the back of it, it also had a black cancel sign in the middle of its blue mask. The blue mask creature blinked and its eyes lit up the corner of the room; its eyes acted like a pair of torchlights.

The blue mask creature stood up and began to chase the other baby animals that were still running wildly around the room. Yongguk’s eyes widen when he saw just how long the chord was able to extend, coiling rounds and rounds around the room.

The blue mask creature then climbed up Yongguk’s leg and Yongguk carried it up in the air. The red mask creature immediately became extremely protective but was afraid to go too close to Yongguk. But once it saw the blue mask creature looking happy when Yongguk threw it high up in the air and catching it, the red mask creature slowly led his guard down, knowing it was safe.

Daehyun tipped toed to the two creatures which were both looking at a stack of papers. One was pink in colour with a pink heart in the middle of its white mask and the other was black in colour with a yellow mask on its white face. The yellow mask creature threw the papers across the floor clearly frustrated while the white mask creature hugged the other to calm it down.

As soon as Daehyun sat down, they broke apart and the white mask creature distant herself. Daehyun stood up and collected the paper. He realized they were not in order and sorted them before returning them to the yellow mask creature.

It took back the paper and bowed politely, before flipping through them again. The yellow masked creature stared at the paper and stared back at Daehyun. Its eyes grew bigger and bigger when it skimmed through the stack of papers again. It jumped up and hugged Daehyun’s legs. Daehyun didn’t understand why the creature was thanking him but was distracted when the yellow mask creature took the white mask creature’s hand. Hand in hand, they jumped up and down in circles. The white mask creature clearly clueless as to why the other was so excited.   

Jongup found a creature wearing a green mask and lifting weights. It smiled, amazed by the creature’s determination to add more and more weights to the dumbbell when it managed to lift the previous number of weights. The creature then tried to pick up the dumbbell with the new number of weights but couldn’t and fell over.

Jongup cautiously walked to its side and helped it up. The green mask creature had white tire marks on its belly area. Jongup decided to try to lift the dumbbell but he too couldn’t lift it up. Something clicked between the two and the green creature went to one end of the dumbbell while Jongup went to the other.

 “1, 2, 3.” Jongup counted and they managed to lift it up together. The green mask creature gave a satisfied nod and Jongup held out his fist suggesting a fist bump. The creature stared up at Jongup thinking that he was suggesting to fight. He immediately caught hold of the creature’s fist. He then lowered it and gently bumped the creature’s fist against his.

 Jongup gave the creature a bright smile and the creature nodded profusely. The creature then held out his fist and Jongup bumped it, making the creature feel fascinated. They did this a few more times before Keke barged into the room.  

“Guys! Get out of here! Jaehyo’s got out of the cottage and he’s looking for you guys!” Keke exclaimed but they took their time to walk out of the room. “Why were you holding those things?” She gaped. “They’re awesome and friendly. I don’t understand why we’re forbidden in here.” Daehyun chuckled. “Maybe they can kill you? How should I know! Anyways get out!” She rushed them out of the room before closing the door.  

They then quickly got back to their own individual work and pretended as if nothing had happen. As if they had never met and befriended the bunny creatures.

-----

After a few more hours, it was time for dinner. Jaehyo told them earlier on that they could pack up and head for dinner. Just as they were heading back to their dorm to wash up, they heard Jaehyo’s ear piercing scream. They froze on the spot for a few seconds. Yongguk started to run to his aid but stopped in his tracks once again when he saw that it came from the room with the bunny creatures. “Guys I think he found out that we went into that room.”


Hey guys :D! I'm changing my style here and there, paragraphing it more so it wouldn't be in chunks, hope you guys like this style better :D Enjoying the story? I hope so! Thank you for all you guys' support! Subscribe, comment and share with your friends! :D Bye!