Chapter Fourteen: Fear & Bets

Elzora Academy

 

Keke slowly approached the mirror, she raised her hand and touched the mirror with her index finger. Her finger caused ripples on the surface before it melted right through the mirror just like how the memorune did. She quickly retracted her hand, she turned it over for a view times. It was the same as before this fascinated her. “Woah.” She whispered to herself, she put her hand back in and out repeatedly. Keke felt a tap on her shoulder as he spoke “Keke, there are way more things to be fascinated about behind and beyond this mirror.” “Ooo right sorry sir!” She hastily jumped in and landed with a thud. It was a town, to be more exact a junction. She knew where she was on the other side of Elzora Academy. Elzora Academy was the heart of this village named Elazona. She heard another thud beside her. “Ahh Elazona,” Professor Hooks heaved a sigh. “Your memory brought us here, why?” smoke puffed out as he spoke. “Yeah the memory took place at my home well I wouldn’t really call it my home but yeah where my parents live it’s just up ahead Flaxton street.” Keke and Professor Hooks started to make their way towards the right street of the junction where a sign ‘FLAXTON ST’ pointed to.  They walked on the cold grey stone floor, the street lights flickered. It was during the winter time. Everyone had already closed their shops early and gone home to their families and friends, spending time and enjoying each other’s company. *Okay I’m really regretting not bringing my hoodie along ;A;* Keke closed her eyes and shook her head as they continued to walk, in silence.

 

Professor Hooks coughed, “So how are your parents like?” “They’re uhh.” Her face turned sour. “Is something wrong, Keke?” “Umm t- this is kinda what the memory is about.” She stuttered. “Alright, I’ll find out about it soon huh?” “Uhh huh” She looked down. Once again they were back to walking in silence. “Hmm, well do you have any siblings?” he broke the silence. “Yeah I do actually!” She looked up her eyes sparkled with delight and laughed. “Minhyuk works with wolves and other beasts! He’s a beast master, he doesn’t come home often though.” She pouted. He nodded, “We’re here.” She said; her tone changing to a bitter one. It was a house that was at the very end of Flaxton Street. The house was extremely dilapidated. “Yeah well this is it.” She pointed to her home. “Kinda like Charlie’s house from Charlie in the chocolate factory eh?” She asked rhetorically. All of a sudden a voice of a girl pleading “Please don’t!! I’ll do better! I’ll do better!! I’m sorry!!” came from the house. Keke rushed forward just as she was about to push open the front door that wasn’t even able to close itself properly she stopped.

 

“Wait, that’s my voice. How is that possible?” “Keke, have you forgotten? We’re in one of your memories.” He reminded her. “Oh yeah, right.” She scratched the back of her head for some reason it just slipped her mind. “Sorry still not used to this whole memory thing.” She pushed the door forcefully as the door slammed against the wall and stepped in. “They can’t see us right?” “Of course not.” “I don’t really understand professor, if the people in the memory can’t see us and if they were in this room wouldn’t they be freaked out by what I just did? How the door magically opened with so much force?” “See Keke, this already happened which is why it is a memory in your mind. So whatever you just did never happened because we aren’t going back in time and changing something. We’re just revisiting something that happened in the past.” He explained as he looked around the place. He saw a pot that sat on a small, short and unstable oak table; one of its legs was chipped off and shorter than the others. It looked as if it was about to collapsed any time. It was filthy it looked like it had been there for ages. Beer cans were all over the floor. The place wreaked a combination of beer, old cabbage soup and expired milk. “You can’t even do a simple thing for me. Just like your brother, so unfilial.” He spat, the sound of a whip cracking could be heard. “Please. No.” The girl whimpered. It only took a few steps before Professor Hooks and Keke reached a door that was off its hinges at the other side of room.

 

“My mum left us when my dad lost all his money from gambling. I neither blame her nor hate her. Instead I think she made a right choice for leaving my father.” Keke said softly as she saw herself on the ground, helpless. Professor Hooks now understood why the object was a whip. Keke’s father was a Water Elementist. Professor Hooks could see smoke surrounding the water. The boiling hot water ran across his hands as he wrapped it around his forearm and hands; as if the water was made of fabric. He pulled hard tightening it, making another loud crack sound just like a whip; a water whip. Keke explained to Professor Hooks that she was supposed to get food for her father. And she had failed resulting to facing this punishment, but she wasn’t to be blamed. How was she supposed to obtain food without a single cent? Keke was known in Flaxton Street to be one of those thieves, or a rat as they called her. “Does he actually whip you?” He asked, he was concerned about her. “Haha, nope, my brother probably have changed into his beast mode and killed him if I told him about this.” “Uhh Keke kill is a bit too- Nevermind.” Professor Hooks decided not to continue. Keke then sighed, “Every night I have this picture of my brother that keeps me strong and that everything was going to be alright.”

“Hmm, B bomb?” “Yeah that’s what all his friends call him.” “Interesting nickname.” Professor Hooks muttered and Keke smiled,“Mmm and soon I left home to be at Elzora. Which is where I am right now. My real, dream home.” “But even as I left home, this dream or memory kept haunting me. Why me? Why me. I always asked.” She trailed off. “Keke. It’s alright, everything turned out okay right? You’re here in Elzora, safe.” She nodded smiling at him. “I met someone like me, we made a promise. To meet at Elzora, but ahh it was a long time ago he’d probably forgotten about it.” “You’d never know.” Professor Hooks had a twinkle in his usually full black eyes. He extended all ten of his fingers and jerked them. Millions of lightning bolts shot up and shocked the sky. Keke looked up and saw a split second of light flash before her eyes.

 

Keke appeared in the back of the classroom once again. Professor Hooks had already returned and was standing in front of the mirror again. He was extracting the object from the mirror. As he extracted, she saw the surface of the mirror being concentrated at the center. Slowly the sides of the surface reverted into its blank, non-reflective self. The object slowly protruded out of the mirror. Bit by bit the water whip formed itself back, the memorune expanded from within the object simultaneously. Soon, the water whip was once again inside the memorune. He kept his wand away as he held the memorune in his hands and walked towards the shelf on the left of the room. He then placed the memorune into a big glass jar and walked towards Keke. He stared at her as he walked and spoke, “I don’t want you to destroy this Keke. I want you to keep it. To serve as a reminder that you’re strong for enduring so much and know that you’re certainly not weak. I believe you can do it Keke, you need to befriend water. Maybe even love water. You need to understand water. Water can help you greatly in the future.” Professor Hooks handed the memorune to her “Keep this. Hope you would sleep well tonight Keke. And remember to always follow your heart.” Keke nodded and smiled at Professor Hooks that had a warm gaze in his eyes. Keke said good bye to Professor Hooks before heading back to her dorm. She yawned *Wow I’m tired.* as she trudged up the stairs.

 

Keke reached back in the dorm placed the glass jar onto her bedside table and went back into the covers of her bed. Escaping reality once again.

 

“Alright guys she’s coming. Let’s make a bet.” Yongguk smiled, “Oh god that’s so childish.” Tats waved her hands around. “What? You’re going to ask us all to exchange numbers and see which one she chooses to call? Psh~” Shishi rolled her eyes. “Actually, I was going to see who she would say hi to first but dang Shister! You’re in the game today!” “Oh god, why did I give that idea.” Shishi slapped her hand to her forehead. “Hurry! She’s coming, everyone in?” All of them nodded except for Tats which shook her head. “Alright. Be cool guys act normal.” Yongguk said as placed his hands on the table and whistled. Himchan went into a ‘Draw me like one of your French girls’ posture in order to act ‘normal’ making the entire table erupt in laughter he quickly went back to sitting up and talking to Tats while poking his food with his fork just before Keke came. “Hey guys!” Keke smiled. “I see that you look much better than yesterday. Everything alright?” Jongup asked “Hell yeah! I went to see Professor Hooks.” “._. Did he get all ‘You fool, can’t even brew a simple potion.’ All up on your face?” Himchan imitated Professor Hooks’ voice, “Your imitation is pretty good!” Keke nodded in approval. “I’ve been practicing.” Himchan shrugged. “But no he said nothing like that in fact he helped me.” Keke smiled. “Woah. I did not expect that.” Shishi chuckled. “Yeah, he’s pretty awesome!” “I’m more awesome.” Yongguk stated proudly, Shishi smiled as she slapped his tone arms. “Uhh Keke, since we’re partners for mechanics class here’s my number.” Jongup shyly gave Keke’s number. The rest of them except Keke gave Jongup a knowing look. “I did not expect that either.” Shishi said while she smiled at Jongup and nodded. Daehyun stopped eating his cheesecake and mouthed ‘smooth’, smiling. Yongguk just laughed. *So it has begun.* He thought to himself.

 

“Eyy. Since we’re all in the moment of giving numbers, here’s mine.”  Shishi handed Keke hers. “Ahh thanks unnie. Why are you guys all acting like this?” Keke eyed them suspiciously. Yongguk winked at Shishi which meant ‘So you’re in eh?’. “Just because… Well we need to think about the grouping for mechanics right? You’re going to need the leader’s.” Yongguk confidently handed Keke his. “Yah! What makes you the leader? If you really are then that makes me a freaking general in Mato Planet alight! Psshh leader, you’re going to need mine.” Himchan gave her his number. “What’s mato planet? And if you’re a general in this made up planet that makes me a Governor uhh!!” Tats placed her hands on Himchan’s shoulders and shook him. “Oh my god, what’s wrong with you guys! At least Daehyun and Tats aren’t acting weird.” *I hope.* Keke thought to herself. “There’s nothing with exchanging numbers, we’re all friends!” Shishi rebutted. “Mmm hmm friends…” Daehyun said sarcastically, eyeballing Shishi and Yongguk. “Oh shut up you, ‘Mr I’m the couple of our level’”. Shishi made the entire table burst out in laughter. “Ahh I don’t even know why they would think that!” Tats slapped her thighs. “Oww my thighs hurt. Why did I slap them?” Tats pouted as she massaged her thighs. “You okay Princess?” Himchan whispered to Tats and Tats nodded smiling once again.

 

“Alright be right back, imma go to bathroom real quick. I have the urge to pee!! XD” Keke stood up. “Hey wait up!” Daehyun stood up too and both of them left the table. They talked as they walked, but their chat didn’t last very long since the toilet was just outside the great hall. The entrances of the female and male toilets were just right beside each other, they stood outside the entrances. Before entering, Daehyun went close to Keke’s ear and whispered. “Call me.” Giving her the piece of paper before he smiled and entered the men’s. *Oh god that cheesecake, him too? What’s up with all of them. Something is definitely going on.*Keke thought before entering the ladies.

 

After she came out from the ladies, Daehyun leaned against the wall and waited for her. “Come here, let’s go.” Daehyun motioned her to him and they walked back to the table. “On a serious note guys, we’ve got to decide the groupings if we don’t I think Professor Alchears is gonna do it for us.” Himchan said. “Alright alright geez you’re as naggy as my mom. Maybe you can be the mother of the group.” Yongguk teased. “Himchan mummy~~” Shishi chimed. “Yes?” Himchan smiled. “Oh god Chan, you actually acknowledged it.” Tats laughed. “Did you just call me Chan? Heh heh I like that nickname.” Himchan beamed at Tats. “Channie oppa~~” Jongup imitated, “Yah! Get lost uhh! Only Tats can call me that!” Himchan said making Jongup snicker. “Hey since we’re on nicknames I call Shister, give me a nickname. No- Better. Call me Oppa.” Yongguk looked at Shishi. “Yah…” Shishi looked down, embarrassed. “Do it…” He smirks. *Oh dang Bang Yongguk enough with that smirk oh god I swear.* She coughs to hide her thoughts. “O- Opp- GUKPA!! HELL YEAH!!” Shishi gave an evil grin. “The is a Gukpa ._.” Yongguk stared blankly at Shishi. “You know Yongguk so Guk plus oppa so GukPa ._.” Shishi explained herself. “Ahh~~ Aigoo my Shister so clever uhh xD” He patted her head, “Call, GukPa hmm Gukpa I like that. Alright call me GukPa.” “GukPapa ._.” “O_O Since when did I become your father?!” Yongguk said wide eyed. “Uhh guys, you do know that we’re still here right ._.” Daehyun waved his hand in front of Shishi and Yongguk. “Pssh what~~ Of course we knew you guys were here. Silly kids.” Yongguk shook his head with his arms crossed. “Mmm hmm…” This time Jongup said sarcastically. They all laughed again, everyone that was still in the great hall thought that they had gone mental. One moment they were arguing with each other, the next minute they were all laughing and clapping like seals. Shishi wiped her tears which she got from laughing too much and said “Come on guys let’s get to class it’s Tarian’s class.” Yongguk closed his eyes and brought his fist close to his chest in the most dramatic way. “Yeess…”

 


WOO!! :D!! Hehe heeey everyone any Nasties in the house? :3 Anyone caught the Brohoho reference?  Today's an extremely special day. It is. KIM HIM CHAN's birthday!! WOOOOOOO!!! *claps claps* Time for some Himchan pictures ;)~~

._. I swear i have no idea how this got in. It must be his ninja abilities to be able to sneak into my extras ;A; Oh god doesn't he look freaking adorable? *Q* *coughs* Sorry, back to the birthday boy.

Oh yeah really y Himchan doing your draw me like one of your french girl poses XD!! Well happy birthday to Himchan once again and yeah see you guys soon ;) PS: Himchan loves you guys hohoho xD