Chapter Four: Charms Lesson Begins!

Elzora Academy

 

The next morning, Shishi woke up extremely early she just could not contain her excitement. Immediately, she picks up her phone and calls Yongguk. The phone rang for a bit but was quickly picked up by the other end.

Yongguk: Mmm. Shishi uhh.

He grumbled as he said this. His voice was extremely low. At the sound of his morning voice, Shishi’s face started to burn up. No matter how long she knew Yongguk for, she just couldn’t get enough of his morning voice. She liked the fact that it was the first thing she heard every morning. She stayed silent for a while trying to stop herself from stuttering.

Yongguk: Shishi uhh. *grumbles* Yaah… Did you fall asleep again?

Shishi: No no no!! I’m here. Can we meet at the hallway now? I’m so freaking excited!!

Yongguk: Mmmm… *hangs up*

A sleepy looking Yongguk approached Shishi and hugged her from the back in the hallway. There were some things about Yongguk which Shishi just could not get used to. And this was one of them. She blushed uncontrollably and stood frozen on the spot. Yongguk then took Shishi’s hand and led her to the Great Hall for breakfast. After having sat in the Great Hall and enjoying their breakfast together, students started to fill in. Yongguk and Shishi thought it was time to leave the Great Hall and prepare for their first lesson. They checked their winged key. The winged key was not only their key to their room but also a messenger and scheduler. A word on its key-liked body read, “Charms”.

Shishi: Where is this Charms classroom ._. Oh look it’s Jonghyun!! Let’s ask him for directions!

Yongguk: Noooo…. Don’t you dar-

Shishi called out and ran to Jonghyun before Yongguk could complete his sentence.

Shishi: Jonghyun ssi!! Where’s the charms classroom?

Jonghyun: Walk all the way across the hallway and turn to your left you should then be able to see Professor Quet.

Shishi: Professor Quet…??

Jonghyun: He’s a ghost.

Shishi: Ohh. Wow. ._. Alright thanks.

Shishi rushed off to Yongguk’s side and both of them followed the instructions given by Jonghyun. When they reached the classroom, many first years were already there and in front holding a roll of parchment was Professor Quet. He was quite a plumb for a ghost. They then went into the classroom. The classroom looked really clustered. With pictures covering the walls, dust and cobwebs on the frames and no one in the pictures. Many brown benches were lined in rows with quills and ink on top of them. There were the same floating glasses seen in the Great Hall except now unlit and floating above the benches. A big dusty window placed at the far front of the classroom behind the teacher’s desk causing the entire room to be filled with sunlight.

Professor Quet: A very good and first morning to you all!! Can you all still see me? Of course you can!! *He places his hands on his belly and starts laughing* *Cough* Sorry. Right! Let me introduce myself. I’m Professor Quet. Now don’t be afraid of me. I’m a friendly ghost like… Like Casper! Yeah!! So please take a seat and we will start. Don’t be afraid to clarify any of your queries with me. I will be your Basics Charms teacher for this year. Welcome to Charms *he smiled*.

Shishi and Yongguk decided to stay quiet for this class and have their full attention focused on the ghost and his teachings. Professor Quet waved his wand downwards and made all the glass cups be placed in front of each first year. He told them that these cups with candles in them were called Candlets. He then lit all of the Candlets with a flick of his wand. The first years were told to take their wands out and practice a swift movement of pointing their wand at the Candlets and saying “Hexa” to extinguish the flame. The candles were enclosed in the cups and being able to extinguish the flame from outside was highly amusing to the first years. After a few minutes of trying, Professor Quet happily exclaimed at the right corner of the room “Yes! You did a splendid job Tats!!” He then took Tats’ Candlet and brought it to the teachers’ desk and magnified it. "Class, Tats is the first student to successfully extinguish the flame! A round of applause for her!” He laughed joyously at this and Tats smiled brightly. Shishi looked over to see who she was. She was extremely pretty, she had pink curly hair and had a nice gummy smile which reminded her of Yongguk.

Soon almost everyone got the hang of it, including Yongguk and Shishi. They felt achieved and contented. Well almost everyone, Yongguk noticed this one girl at the far left corner of the room which was having a bit of difficulty. Every time she tried, the candle just merely flickered. The look on her face wasn’t frustration it was more of an inquisitive look. Professor Quet approached this girl and encouragingly told her it was alright as it was just the first day of lessons and to keep on practising and she would soon get it. After the bell rang, all the first years said their goodbyes to Professor Quet and exited the classroom. Shishi then took out her winged key out from her pocket to check what their next lesson was. On its body it read. “Potions.”