Chapter Fifteen: Back to the Woolwine cave

Elzora Academy

 

The first years met under the same tree for COMB and saw equipment being laid on the grass. There was a roller, a pair of scissors and tweezers. Professor Tarian was seen with a big and white seashell that had pink around its jagged edges, at her heels was Scourge. All the first years were puzzled and clueless as to what they were doing today. “Huh you guys look lost. Form groups of I don’t care how many as long as there are mix genders. We’re going into the forest.” Professor Tarian instructed in a carefree manner as her fingers glided across an arrow which she drew from her quiver. Groans and complains could be heard from the other first years but the conditions did not affect Yongguk’s group.

 

Professor Tarian saw that everyone was in respective groups and smiled before she headed into the forest with Scourge bouncing by her feet. The other first years realized that she had already gone in and quickened their pace to catch up with her. Professor Tarian did not make a single sound throughout the walk and the first years started to chatter among themselves. “It’s actually quite nice here, maybe we should go for a walk sometime.” Yongguk addressed the group. “If it’s just you and Shishi, we’re sooo not going.” Daehyun shook his head. “No… Oh kids, does it look like I hang around Shishi 24/7?” “Uhh huh…” Himchan said as the rest nodded. “Oh come on, a walk with all of us. All together. Nam’ sayin?” “.>. Hyung is strange.” Jongup gave him a side glance. “You guys all are acting strange. Except for Tats unnie.” Keke rolled her eyes and smiled. Professor Tarian soon led them to a familiar cave. The Woolwines cave.

 

“Huh… Not this again…” A first year whined and pouted. Professor Tarian rolled her eyes and said “Oh quit your blabbering and everyone, stay quiet. Watch and learn today’s lesson.” She stepped in the cave, her sudden movement startled the Woolwines and they all puffed up and floated to the top of the cave. She placed the big white seashell to her lips and blew. The first years expected to hear a loud horn sound but instead they heard nothing just the sounds of the birds chirping in the forest. “Uhh Professor, I think you need to blow a little bit harder. There seems to be no sound mam.” A boy said in a ‘matter of fact’ way. “Ahh, being smart eh? Mmm, I’m sure it didn’t work cause look at the Woolwines in the cave. They’re fast asleep.” Professor Tarian said in a sarcastic manner. The Woolwines in the cave were no longer puffed up and floating around instead they were all on the bottom of the cave sleeping soundly. “Professor!” “Yes?” “Uhh, Kris kinda, fell asleep.” Krystal pointed to Kris who now was on the grass sleeping and his thumb like a little baby. “Wow, okay I have no idea how that happened but wow. A WineHorn working on a student? Now that’s something.” Professor Tarian gave three slow claps, “Just leave him, he’ll wake up soon. Which means the Woolwines would be up soon so let’s go go go! It’s harvesting time,” She quickly jumped in the cave of sleeping Woolwines with the three items previously seen on the grass. “Watch and learn. All of you.” The other first years closed in at the entrance of the cave. “You can enter if you want to, this isn’t some operating center where there’s gonna be blood all over.” Professor Tarian chuckled.

 

Professor Tarian sat on the floor and crossed her legs. With Scourge by her side, she detached a tiny casing from his collar, there were many more layers of these casings on his collar and began pulling it apart, expanding it. “I’m awake!” Could be heard from outside. “Mmm welcome back Kris.” Professor Tarian said in a ‘couldn’t care less’ manner and continued to expand it. The casing turned out to be a basket and it stretched and stretched eventually expanding to quite a gigantic basket.  She then placed a sleeping purple Woolwine on her lap. Taking the pair of scissors she began snipping the never ending layers of thick wool. When her area was full of wool, she scooped it up from the floor and filled the basket with purple wool. She turned to the students and said “Do not mix the colours, they serve different purposes.” She warned the students and started to pick up her pace of snipping the wool off the Woolwine. Soon the Woolwine had about two more layers of wool and changed from the pair of scissors to the roller. “This is a sticky roller, it basically sticks the loose or unwanted wool from the Woolwine’s body.” She explained to the students as they watched every step attentively. She glided across the Woolwine’s body, it smoothly rolled the loose wool which dropped to the ground. Professor Tarian smiled at the Woolwine and placed it gently on the floor before she stood up. “And now it’s you guys’ turn.”

 

“Ahh Shishi your little Black Woolwine is this one.” Professor Tarian said as she picked it up and carried it in her arms. She walked over to Shishi and handed it to her. Shishi tried to snuggle it in her arms but the Woolwine floated away from Shishi and tucked itself into Jongup. “It seems you have been betrayed.” Professor Tarian laughed “Yah!! How could you lil’ Woolwine!” Shishi gave a fake glare to the Woolwine. Jongup shrugged and smiled at the Woolwine. For the entire lesson, the first years began snipping and harvesting the wool from the Woolwines. “Alright guys, the lesson is nearly ending. I think. And I see that you’re nearly done with harvesting. Let’s quickly exit the cave, the Woolwines are about to wake up.” Professor Tarian pointed to the direction of the exit of the cave. “But professor I’ve still got this one that hasn’t been shaved completely yet.” Youngjae looked to Professor Tarian. “Leave it, now come on.” She winked. “Why can’t we just blow the horn again? For them to sleep longer?” Himchan questioned. “Well, if we carry on blowing the horn again and again over the years some of them may just be asleep for eternity. If you know what I mean.” She explained, “So they’ll die?” he asked making sure what she was implying, “Mmm hmm.” She nodded and the students quickly went out of the cave. Professor Tarian was the last to leave the cave as she gathered the remaining wool on the floor and tossed them into their respective basket. The students had done a great job harvesting the wool as there were several baskets of the same colour that were filled to brim. Scourge’s legs were shuffling on the floor at extreme speed as he tried his best to push one of the baskets using his head but the basket didn’t move an inch. She carried all that she could while secretly helping Scourge push the basket. Scourge stood back for a few seconds, amazed by him being able to push the basket on his own, not knowing Professor Tarian was actually the one that was doing it. She placed the baskets down on the exit of the cave and was going in for get the rest when Jongup went back to the cave and carried out the rest. He came out of the cave with the rest of the baskets and gave her one of his innocent bunny smiles; that made her smile.

 

Professor Tarian and Jongup carried the baskets of wool out of the forest along with the other first years. “Alright guys that’s it for today’s lesson.” “Well at least today you guys learnt something useful to use in your life. Like maybe in the future having a farm full of Woolwines you guys would know how to correctly harvest them. Unlike learning something that you will never need to know in your life, like finding the depth of sand in which Sam put in a freaking cylinder. God why in the world would you even need to learn something like that? Are you going to apply it to your future life? No! Just put the freaking sand in and don’t start asking questions like how much sand there is in a cylinder. Just know that in the cylinder there’s sand! OMG Why do you even need to find out about the capacity-“ Professor Tarian stopped rambling when she saw all the first years giving her strange and weird looks. She coughed, “Well I apologize for exploding about my never ending hatred for math. And uhh yeah on a side note, everyone had fun today? Yes? Good.” She smiled sheepishly not waiting for their reply. “Uhh Jongup yeah you can put em’ down.” “Oh uh right.” He said as he settled the baskets down. “Now get back to you guys’ classes. Thank you all for being such nice students today.” She clapped her hands and dismissed them.  “Bye!!” She waved to the students.

 

When the rest of the students left except Yongguk’s group, Professor Tarian said “I hope you guys won’t get startled by this. Scourge up!” She smiled at the small puppy which was rolling on the grass. Scourge immediately sat up. “What’s there to be startled by-“ Tats stopped talking, the group could not believe what they were seeing right now. A small tornado was revolving around Scourge, his excited yelps could still be heard as he jumped about. But the sound of the yelps soon became in a lower tone, lower and lower and Scourge’s body was increasing in size. “No way, Professor!” “Call me Tarian for goodness sake!” She laughed “Tarian you’re a beast master?!” Keke jumped about excitedly. “Ahh dearie I see that you’re knowledgeable.” “My brother is a beast master!” Keke grinned widely. “Brilliant!” Professor Tarian’s eyes were dancing with excitement. A growl could be heard beside Professor Tarian and no longer was Scourge a tiny puppy, he was now a grown white and light brown tiger. In Scourge’s mouth was a brown saddle that had a few pockets on the sides. “Hey, don’t ask me how a puppy became a tiger aight? Even I have no damn clue.” Professor Tarian shrugged as she took the saddle from Scourge’s mouth and started buckling it to Scourge. “Would I be making your back too heavy if I got on?” Professor Tarian asked Scourge as she kissed him on the forehead. Scourge gave big nod and snorted with laughter. “Yah! Laugh, yeah laugh. When we get back home and there’s no food on your food bowl we’ll see whose laughing.” She said jokingly and smiled at Scourge as she massaged his neck. “How in the world did you get him?” Yongguk stared at Scourge; eyes wider than usual. “Hmm let’s just say, Scourge is a beast. My beast.” Professor Tarian winked. “What..?” Shishi and the rest thought the sentence made no sense whatsoever. *Of course Scourge was her beast it her pet anyways so… Hmm.* Shishi thought to herself. “Heh heh, you guys will know what I mean in the future.” She said with a twinkle in her eyes.

 

 “Anyways, where are you bringing these?” Shishi asked when Professor Tarian had placed all baskets into the saddles pockets. They were a lot deeper than it looked on the outside, being able to store about three baskets in each pocket. “I’m bringing these to Elanf!” Professor Tarian exclaimed excitedly. “Elnaf? What in the world is that?” Yongguk said still staring at Scourge. “Ehh leader hyung.” Jongup interrupted awkwardly, “Ohh dang Jongup calling me a leader. I like the way you think uhh, my bro, my homie, ma dog. Okay I should stop.” Yongguk stopped himself from talking while fist-bumping Jongup. “Heh heh, we need to prepare for the uhh you know.” Jongup chuckled referring to their discussion on the grouping for Mechanics as well as the bet about Keke. “Ahh!! The,” Yongguk looked around and saw that Keke was within ear shot. “The project eh? You guys go ahead, I’ll stay here for a bit.” Yongguk said; wanting to find out more about this “Elnaf” place she was heading to. “And I’m guessing you’re staying with leader hyung?” Jongup turned to Shishi and she nodded. The other went off towards the front doors of the castle and Yongguk and Shishi now realized that Professor Tarian with Scourge and the baskets of wool were far ahead nearing the forest that was across the castle’s front doors. They ran and caught up with her. “Sorry about that Tarian, so what’s Elnaf?” “Well we’re pretty close by right now so you’ll see.” They were now at the entrance of the forest, a small sign with an arrow pointing into the forest painted on it with white paint was Elnaf.  Professor Tarian pulled aside a tree on the left and made an entrance for all of them. “Woahh….” Was the only word that escaped from Shishi’s and Yongguk’s lips.

 


:D!! Heeyy all, how's everyone doing? I MAY go on a hiatus for about two weeks due to my Mid-year examinations coming up real soon ;A; I'm sorry my cheesecakes, but it's only a maybe ;) So everyone stay healthy and thank you for all you guys' support. Keep making comments and tell all you guys' friends XD Every time i see a new subscriber or new comment i get extremely happy so thank you all for reading. Lub you all XD!!