Chapter Ten: The Start Of Projects

Elzora Academy

 

“Right here.” Keke pointed to the entrance of the library. “Take a step back, I’ll just pull this and…” Keke pulled the lever as the rest did what was told “We’re in.” The door of the library swung forward and Keke motioned them in. Yongguk, Jongup, Daehyun, Shishi and Keke entered the library. Jongup hung his mouth open he was just at a lost and amazed by the towering shelves of books. “Wow Keke. This really is pure hell for the elves.” He uttered making the group smile at his comment. “So where’s this room?” Yongguk asked and Keke led the group to the back of the library. “Right here.” “What exactly are P&Ps…” Shishi thought as she paced around the back of the library. They all kept quiet for a while trying to think what P&Ps could be. “Uhh… Where’s Daehyun?” Jongup asked as Shishi looked up “I’m here.” Daehyun replied “How. Where, when were you gone?” Shishi stared at Daehyun. Before he could answer the mysterious door burst open. A tall senior with a blonde hair stood at the entrance. She held a clipboard in her hand and wore black pixel glasses and had a mask on. -I happened to come across this picture on Google. She matches exactly what the girl looked like in my brain. Isn't she pretty? :D!!-

The senior closed the door behind her and pulled down her mask and smiled at the group. “Could I help you guys with something?” “Oh nah we’re fine, just looking around. It’s kind of our first day here.” Shishi replied. “Ahh first day eh? Well welcome and wow you guys are pretty fast, your first day and you guys have already found the library.” The senior laughed and nodded. “Well I’ll be on my way then, nice meeting you first years.” The senior was about to leave when she diverted her attention to Daehyun, “Wait. You’re Daehyun right?” “Yeah how did you-” “I’ve heard a lot about you, from my sister. She’s in your year.” “Oh uhh cool.” “Yeah, Krystal. Know her?” “Oh uhh yeah kind of.” “Haha oh that’s nice, she’s my sister. I’ve got to run bye!” She said before taking off. “Seriously! What’s with you? It’s like the whole school already knows you.” Yongguk stared in disbelief at Daehyun. “And by right it’s only our second freaking day!” Shishi too stared at Daehyun, he just smiled and shrugged. *Krystal, could it be the same Krystal?* Keke thought and sighed.

 

“Oppa!!” Someone shouted and ran towards the group. It was Tats with Himchan trailing behind her. “SSSHHHH!!!” The elves and a few students hushed Tats and carried on with their work. “Sorry!!” Tats said more quietly this time. “Oppa, their coffee is amazing! But I’m tired now…” Tats yawned and pouted. Daehyun and Himchan smiled at this “Yeah guys it’s kinda late I think we should head back to our dorms. Princess here is a bit tired.” Himchan said. “But didn’t you guys just drink coffee ._. Wouldn’t you guys be more awake?” Shishi questioned “Not really, coffee doesn’t really affect me. Hehe!” Tats giggled. They all made their way out of the library and said their goodbyes to each other. Himchan, Jongup, Yongguk and Daehyun headed to the right towards the boys dormitories while Tats, Shishi and Keke walked the opposite direction towards the girl dormitories. Daehyun and Yongguk were behind Jongup and Himchan“Did you notice something?” Daehyun turned to Yongguk “What?” “That girl had a crown badge with a P pinned to her shirt.” “._. Damn you’re observant.” “And plus, she came out from that P&P room.” “Daehyun, I think this needs further investigation. We’ll talk more about this maybe tomorrow.” Yongguk said and they both nodded. Soon they reached their dorms respective rooms and entered.

The next day, Shishi rolled around her bed for a while and jumped out of bed. After performing her morning ablutions, she texted Yongguk to meet her for breakfast. Soon she left her room and walked down the stairs towards the door of the great hall. She saw that Tats, Himchan, Daehyun and Yongguk were already there. *Holy crap, Yongguk is already awake and reached even earlier than me? Woah ._.* Shishi thought as she made her way towards the table. She grabbed a plate and sat down next to Daehyun. “Morning all.” “Morning Shishi.” “Where’s Jongup?” She asked “Ahh he woke me up and went for his morning jog.” Yongguk replied “Mmm I see.” “Hey I heard for our next class we need to go up to the fourth floor.” Daehyun told the rest. “Aww… Four flights of stairs :/” Tats sighed.  “Mechanics eh?” Yongguk replied. After they had all eaten, they made their way to the fourth story.

 

On the fourth floor, the halls were quiet and really windy. There were many little balconies where they could overlook the castle. First years had already gathered around an elaborate door with gears interlocking each other. The rest of the first years chattered outside the door. They waited outside for a while but there was no professor that beckoned them in or welcomed them. “What do we do now?” “Ugh what’s taking so long?” Some students started complaining. Yongguk stepped forward in front of the door and pulled down the lever. The door made a few clicking sounds as the gears teeth interlocked with each other which rotated the next. There was a last click before the door made a bounce and flew upwards. The students walked inside the workshop. A gigantic window at the right of the room allowed sunlight to stream in as the big trees outside swayed in the wind. Workbenches lined the room. There was no one in the room only a few machines at the side such as drill guns and saws at the side of the workbench. There were two rooms at the front of the workshop. One of them was pitched black while the other had some light emitting out of it. “I’ll go check it out.” Yongguk said as the others stayed behind. As he walked closer to the litted room, he could hear voices. He peeked into the room and he could see an old man with rosy cheeks, his cheek bones were raised as he grinned from ear to ear staring through his round frameless spectacles into a floating orange ball that glowed. Yongguk didn’t know what he was supposed to do, there was no door to knock and he didn’t want to interrupt whatever he was doing he looked so happy. “Aww Toto sweetie are you enjoying your time at Alverine Academy?” “Hehe not really gramps, they’re pretty strict with everything.” The other end said as she sighed. “Aww well your mum and dad did great in Alverine. I think they would be happy if you did the same.” “Yeah! Which is why I’m gonna do everything awesomely!” The girl giggled. “Ooo sweetie look at the time! I think that I’ve got a class of first years to teach, we’ll talk later alright?” “Okay gramps!! See you.” The girl said while the old man waved to the glowing ball. The line was cut and the ball disintegrated, the room now had small orange balls which glowed as they floated around. Yongguk realized that he was approaching the door where hewas hiding and quickly ran out of the room back to the rest of the first years. He didn’t want to be caught for eavesdropping, but he didn’t mean to it, he didn’t want to be thought wrongly of so he just escaped having to be in that situation. The old man soon emerged  with a walking stick that supported him from the room. “What happened?” Shishi whispered to Yongguk “It’s nothing.” He replied.

“Oh my!” The old man exclaimed, he laughed surprised at the students. “Did I make all of you wait for long?” “Y- Oww!” One of the students was about to say “yes” but his foot got stomped on by Shishi which glared at him. “No.” The rest of the first years replied. The old man then stared at the big clock on the left. “Well we’ve luckily still got time for a lesson.” He said but the rest of the first years stared at him with weird and puzzled looks on their faces. They had no idea how to read the clock it was just so strange. There were three hands on the clock but none were inside the clock face. They were outside of the clock face and pointed in three different directions moving around some strange and faint carvings on the walls. “I’m Professor Alchears. Alright so we are going to have a little pairing for this month.” He then took his stick and knocked it on the floor twice the same small orange glowing balls floated to each of the students. They looked like fireflies only they were orange and they attached themselves on the right side of each of the students chest. Their names then appeared in glowing bright letters. “Wow a glowing nametag awesome.” Shishi said as she looked down to see “SHI SHI” in bright orange letters that gave out light. “I want you guys to do a small project for this month with your partners. I’ll be doing the pairing so you guys can get to know each other better.” Some students sighed and groaned.

 

 “Hmm… Himchan with… Yongguk? Would that be okay? “Yeah sure.” Himchan said while Yongguk nodded. “Okay uhh… You with her.” Professor Alchears pointed to Keke and Krystal. Keke gulped  she didn’t like this idea at all. “No. No wait. You with the red head.” Professor Alchears pointed at Krystal once again and at Shishi. “Tats with Kris.” This pairing made the boy named Kris say “Yes…” and smile widely as Himchan glared at Kris while Daehyun laughed. The pairing then continued, “Hunji with Eunji yeah their names go well together okay uhh you two twins go with the other pair of twins okay?” Professor Alchears paired the rest of the students and were left with only a few. “Okay… Daehyun with Youngjae uhh now I’m left with you two.” Professor Alchears squinted his eyes after pairing Daehyun and Youngjae he was now left with Keke and Jongup. “Well I guess you two can go together then.” Professor Alchears concluded the pairings. He dusted his hands on his apron and smiled at the students. “Well does anyone have any complaints?” Professor Alchears looked around the students and smiled once again. “No? Alright let me brief all of you on this little project.”

 


:D! Yeah Chapter Ten! See what i didn there ;) Any BangHim & DaeJae shippers? Keke :)