Chapter Seventeen: The Alternate Side

Elzora Academy

 

Thanks to Professor Tarian, Yongguk and Shishi were not punished for being late for Charms lesson. When they entered the classroom, it was slightly dimmed. Small ball of light flew crazily around the room. They looked around for Professor Quet and there he was, sitting at the front of the classroom at his desk, laughing his head off. The first years looked lost, controlling their own little light with their wands. Trying to process what was going on, they noticed that there was a very thin, nearly almost invisible bond between each student’s wand and the ball of light almost like a piece of thread that bonded the wand and the ball together. Their wands were being yanked violently by the ball of light that bounced around in all directions. Yongguk and Shishi ducked just in the nick of time as a few balls of light zoomed past them. The balls of light were so reckless that they were knocking over everything in the room. One of them made a dent in the wall but Professor Quet couldn’t care less and continued laughing. Yongguk and Shishi walked over to Daehyun, “Over the span of this week, we would be learning the spell “Illuminate” Which is a summoning a ball of light.” Daehyun said, clearly out of breath from trying to tame this ball of light. “Illuminate?” Yongguk said unsurely, “Oh god don’t! You’re going to summon that demon!” A male student shrieked. A hearty laugh could be heard from the front of the room as a ball of light carried its owner up and around the room. Professor Quet laughed even harder till his face went extremely red. It was so red that his usual greenish ghost face changed to a shade of red. The student called out for help, “HELP MEE!! PROFESSOR!!” the student screamed and squeaked with occasionally unexpected high notes when the light brought him up with extreme speed. Professor Quet tried to calm himself down and wiped his tears on his sleeve.

 

“Shishi Yongguk come here!” Professor Quet beckoned trying to contain his laughter when he saw a student fall over. They quickened their steps and made their way to his desk. “Uhh professor, does it hurt when the ball hits you?” Yongguk stared at the students. “It depends if the light wants to go through you or wants to be a solid ball and hit you real hard!” He erupt into laughter again. “Watch and take out your wands.” His face now serious as he commanded. “Now, say ILLUMINATE!” As he made a small circle with his wand and jerked his wand, pointing it next to him. A small ball started to form at the tip of his wand, it grew bigger and bigger. When it was about the size of a fist, it detached itself from the wand and floated next to Professor Quet. He glanced around the room and the ball of light shone, lighting up the area as it followed wherever Professor Quet’s eyes landed on. There wasn’t a need for a wand to control it, there was also no bond between his wand and the ball. It was much bigger, brighter and definitely more obedient as compared to the ones summoned by the first years. “And… Deluminate,” With a small click sound, the ball of light dissipated and disappeared into thin air. “See? That’s how you do it. Once you guys master this, it will be useful to you in the future. Or maybe not.” He said with a twinkle in his eye.

 

 “Now it’s your turn.” “Illuminate.” Shishi said confidently as she did a small circle and jerked her wand. Immediately, a ball of light erupted from her wand, shaking her hand vigorously. The ball of light didn’t plop off like Professor Quet’s, instead it blasted off her wand like a rocket with a thread like bond attached to her wand. Her ball swerved from left to right, pulling her forward as she stumbled, nearly tripping. “No one pushes me around like that!” Shishi bellowed as she stood rooted to the ground. The ball of light tried to pull and break free from being controlled by Shishi’s grasp on her wand. It kept pulling Shishi to the left wanting to run wild, “No!!!” She gritted her teeth and swung her wand to the right. The ball immediately flew to right, but it flew straight for her. She quickly ducked down, avoiding the ball. While she tried to tame her ball of light, Yongguk decided to give it a go. Seeing how much Shishi and the others were struggling with it, he accepted the challenge. He went to Professor Quet and asked if he could have a bag. “What are you going to do with it?” He asked. “You’ll see prof.” He grinned as he took the transparent plastic bag. “Illuminate.” He said readily. But before the ball of light could emerge, he rapped the plastic bag around the tip of the wand and tied a simple knot around it. He waited for a few seconds and saw the ball forcefully enter the bag. “Bingo.” He said as he carefully slid the plastic bag off, making sure that he doesn’t undo the knot. It tried its best to break free from the bag. The bond was spread across Yongguk’s chest as he held the plastic bag in one hand and his wand in the other. He brought it behind Professor Quet’s desk and the he just sat down on his chair amused by Yongguk, still laughing at the other first years.

 

Yongguk sat cross-legged on the floor and settled the plastic bag on the floor. The plastic bag started to float as it pushed itself up from the ground. Yongguk quickly hugged it before it escaped. “Down.” He commanded. It beat against his stomach area. “Oww, my abs.” He said as he placed it down on the floor. “Let’s make an agreement, you listen to my commands for this few times and I let you go for the rest of the lesson, how about that?” He stepped on the plastic bag and talked to it. It stopped moving. He stepped away from the plastic bag. He swerved his wand left, right, up and down. It followed his wand obediently. He smiled, “Yongguk,” Professor Quet called out. “Don’t be fooled by its two faced characteristics, it may be obedient now but once it’s out, it reverts back to its ways.” Yongguk wagged his index finger. “Nah prof, that ain’t happening. Right light?” It stayed down on the ground. “I’m gonna let you out now.” It still stayed on the ground. “Good boy!! Or are you a chick?” Yongguk stared at the bag and started to undo it. The moment the knot was undone, he realized it was a mistake, it soared high in the air and bounced against the ceiling and swerved even more violently than what the other first years were experiencing. Yongguk buried his face in his hands. “You two faced bastard, I should never have trusted you.” He laughed.

 

After that crazy morning and other less crazy lessons, it was finally break time. The first years emerged from the tree; the entrance to biology class. Everyone headed to the dorms, “Yeah! Break time!” Yongguk dusted his hands on his pants. “God we’re dirty. Thanks to that soil war we had during biology.” Tats rolled her eyes, “Yeeah I wonder who started it huh.” Shishi said staring at Daehyun. “Hey! Don’t put the blame on me! It was Youngjae!!” He said, clearing his name. “Yah! Yah! Yah yah! Jung Daehyun!” Youngjae shouted from the front, “Eish, blaming me for everything. Tch. Stupid roommate.” Youngjae clicked his tongue as he joined the group. “Eyy you’re the dumb one uhh. Youngjae babo.” Daehyun gave him a fake glare. “I SAY CHOCO YOU SAY ICE CREAM UHH CHOCO!” He sang placing his fist under Daehyun to act as a microphone, “Shut up.” He said slapping Youngjae’s hand away. “CHOCO!” Youngjae repeated, “Aaaahh~~ Youngjae oppa!” A whine could be heard from the front. “Daehyun oppa already told you to shut up!!” Krystal glared at Youngjae. Youngjae and Daehyun stared at each other both immediately cracking up and smacking each other. “Ugghh!!” Krystal stormed away but they didn’t care. “Woah, Youngjae your voice is actually not bad.” “You’re kidding right?” Daehyun stared at Shishi. “No like seriously, I know you were singing for fun and stuff but seriously, your voice is pretty amazing.” “Honey, expect a full song coming up.” Youngjae winked. “Alright I’ll be waiting.” “It’s gonna be a DaeJae collaboration! Right Daehyun uhh?” “Really, Youngjae babo. You should hear his shower concerts. I feel like recording all of them and produce them into albums. It’ll be a big hit!” Daehyun said sarcastically. “Oh!! Daehyun that’s what I was thinking. Yaahh no wonder why we’re best friends, great minds think alike eh?” He elbowed Daehyun’s arm. “Okay seriously! I don’t even realize when did you all get so close to one another.” Shishi pouted. “I want a roommate too ;A;…” She sighed as they pushed open the front doors to the castle. “You’ve got no roommate?” Youngjae asked and she shook her head. “Huh come to think of it, why does Shishi not have a roommate?” Himchan pondered. “Keke and I have other first years but why doesn’t Shishi have one?” Tats continued. “How weird.” Jongup said softly, smiling brightly. “Gaah it . You know how lonely I get?” “Lonely eh?” Yongguk smirked. “I’ll make sure I visit you tonight then.” “YAH!! YOU !!” Shishi ran up the stairs that headed to the dorms. The others laughed and climbed the stairs, “Unnie sometimes really is adorable.” Keke said quietly. “I know right!! God, she drives me crazy.” Yongguk chuckled. “Alright guys remember! Keep in contact with our phones!” He reminded waving his phone around before Keke walked back to her dorm while the others stayed behind. “Plan still on aight? We’ll meet in the school’s foreground.” Yongguk said in a hushed tone. “Can it be in the café? I wanna eat.” Daehyun gave a pleading look that looked like a little puppy that needed food. “Oh oppa, I’m going back to my dorm. But yeah I’ll see you guys there.” Tats winked before entering her room.

 

Soon, they all gathered at the library’s café. They sat in a circle, all their phones on the table. They all sat there, staring at their phones. “What you writing there?” Himchan looked over to see what Tats was scribbling. “Ahh! A new melody I just thought of for my flute!” Tats chirped. “Yeah, Tats here is awesome at playing the flute.” Daehyun said as he took another bite of his cheesecake. “Aww thanks oppa, you’re great at eating your cheesecakes too.” Tats complimented Daehyun back. “Honestly, I don’t even know why I’m here. Keke definitely won’t call me. Why am I here?” “Then go away uhh hyung.” Jongup smiled sweetly making the group burst out into laughter. They abruptly stopped when they felt vibration. “OH YEAAAAHHH!!! BEYOTCHES!! She messaged me!” Shishi exclaimed smiling and feeling accomplished. “I guess I’m a pretty damn awesome unnie to her.” But slowly, one by one, everyone’s phone started buzzing too. They all took their phones and looked at their messages received. I know how important I am to you guys, you guys are all together right now eh? Waiting for me to call whoever I like the best hmm? *smirking emoticon* So where are all of you guys?” *:O emoticon* “How did she know?” Yongguk was puzzled, “Oh dang she’s good!” Daehyun placed his fork down and clapped. “Ahh quiet one has another side to her eh? I like that.” Tats nodded in approval. “Aww she made a group for us.” Jongup smiled. “Project Failure,” Yongguk stared blankly at the name of the group. “EEEYYY!!!! Keke uhhh!!” Yongguk chuckled. “Leader hyung she’s not here.” Jongup smiled brightly at Yongguk. “Yeah I know Jongup uhh I’m just. Nevermind.” Yongguk shook his head and smiled. “I like this side of her.” Daehyun said poking into his forth slice of cheesecake. “Yeah, heh she’s cool like that, I guess. And dude, haven’t you had enough?” Yongguk stared at the small stack of plates at the side of the table. “Oh there’s never such thing as enough to Dae Dae when it comes to food.” Tats said giving a gummy smile.

 

Suddenly they heard the bell at the door jingle, the group looked up. Keke walked to their table with a smile spread across her face, “Hey Project Failure!” 

 


Hey everyone :D!! Early update from the usual Firday-Sunday period. Gaah my mid years are finally over well almost, I've got listening tomorrow and during the weekend I'll be busy with other stuff. After this chapter I would probably be speeding things up cause there's more exciitng things coming up close to the end of year one. :D!! Bye guys! Hope you enjoy reading ;)~~