Heartbeat

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Ten – Heartbeat

 

INVITATION TO XI GROUP ANNUAL DINNER

Date : 3th September 2012

Time : 8.00 pm

Venue : Ritz Carlton Hotel, Seoul

p/s : Your presence are warmly welcomed. Thank you.

“Annual dinner?” Yoona raised an eyebrow quizzically as soon as she read the invitation card.

“Yes, Yoona-ssi.” Luhan nodded. “Our company always throws this kind of dinner every year to commemorate the anniversary of the company’s establishment.”

“Oh, I don’t know that your company do this kind of things,” replied Yoona dumbfoundedly.

“Well, every companies sure do have annual dinner like this.” He let out an amusing chuckle. “So, are you coming over or not?”

“Uhm, I don’t know yet, Luhan-ssi,” she replied. “I’ve got to check my schedule on that day first.” Yoona quickly grabbed her day planner on the coffee table and began to check her schedule. She couldn’t attend the night occasion if it clashed with her schedule. Plus, she tended to have night work lately.

“You don’t have manager, eh?” Luhan asked suddenly out of curiosity, gazing thoroughly at Yoona who seemingly did all her workstuffs by herself. It should be the manager’s duty, though.

“Nope, I don’t have one, Luhan-ssi. I love to do all things that related to my work by myself.” Yoona shook his head, glancing at Luhan momentarily before focusing on her day planner.

“Oh, I see.” Thinking about Yoona whom didn’t have a manager, it gave him thrill. He couldn’t imagine his daily life without a secretary. His work and schedule might’ve gotten trembled all over and over.

“Okay, luckily I’m free on that night,” Yoona confirmed. “So I’m coming over, Luhan-ssi.”

He emitted a sigh of relief upon his wife’s agreement to attend the dinner. “It’s great that you’re coming over, Yoona-ssi.”

Yoona’s eyebrow knitted together, slightly baffled. “Why?”

“I’d be dead embarrassed as the CEO whose his wife doesn’t show up on that night!”

Yoona laughed. “That would be epic.” Somehow, she liked the fact that Luhan mentioned her as his wife. It was like that Luhan deemed her as his legal wife even he didn’t state so. Maybe he was still trying know her even deeper and better. She casted a merry smile inwardly.

“Well anyhow, thanks for agreeing to come over the annual dinner, Yoona-ssi,” he thanked, giving her a wide smile.

“You’re welcome.” She smiled back. “By the way, how about the apparels, Luhan-ssi?”

“Oh, I already have mine, Yoona-ssi,” Luhan replied. “About your dress, I’ll ask Nana-yah to accompany you to the boutique since I’d be very busy this week. Is that okay, Yoona-ssi?”

“Uhm, it’s okay,” she said. Luhan’s presence would be better but since he had stated that he would be utterly busy so Yoona had nothing to say.

***

“Wow you look amazingly beautiful, Yoona-yah!” Jessica squealed ecstatically. She couldn’t contain herself as soon as she saw Yoona’s major transformation with the stunning make-up usage all over her face. Though Yoona had been always looked beautiful with her own make-up, Yoona looked even more beautiful with the magic touch by the professional make-up artist. Indeed, she was a totally a goddess!

“Sica unnie is right!” Nana nodded vigorously in agreement. “Yoona unnie looks like a goddess! Amazing!”

“Really?” Yoona seemed disbelieved. She peered at the mirror to check out her transformation. She jerked her head slightly, aghasted over her new look. She looked different and yes, she had to admit that she looked pretty and different today. Massive thanks to the make-artist for her big help.

“Yes, Yoona-yah! You look absolutely beautiful!” Jessica nodded with a smile. Then she gave her best friend a contented back hug. “I’m so proud to be a friend of this goddess!”

“Me too, Sica unnie!” Nana joined in. “I’m so proud to have a remarkably beautiful sister-in-law!”

“Thanks so much, guys!” Yoona broke the back hug and flashed her gaze behind at Jessica then to Nana. They were both so kind towards her. Their unstoppable comments on her new look really made her day. She glad that she invited Jessica along with Nana. Both of them could give her some help on selecting her dress that she will wear for tonight’s occasion. Plus, Nana seemed happy with her best friend’s presence. She loved the fact that she gained a new friend and sister!

“So we’re going to proceed to the dress now, Yoona-yah,” said Jessica jubilantly. The renowned boutique not only sold and rent apparel, but providing make-up facility as well.

She nodded, agreed. “All right, let’s go now.”

“By the way, unnie...” Nana chimed in all of a sudden. “At what time does Luhan oppa going to pick you up?”

Promptly, Yoona glanced over her wristwatch. Now it was 5.30 pm. The annual dinner began on 8 pm. Luhan texted her this afternoon that he would pick her up on 7 pm. Then, they would go straight to the venue. “Uhm he said on 7, Nana-yah.”

“Then we’d only have about an hour half for dressing, Yoona-yah!” Jessica noted briefly.

“So unnie, we’d better hurry up now!” the younger said as she grabbed her sister in law’s arm to the promoter girl, getting ready to select some decent dress and try on them, and choose the best one.

***

Luhan’s mouth suddenly banged open speechlessly and his heart beat uncontrollably and faster than ever as soon as he glimpsed at Yoona who barged out from the fitting room. Indeed, he couldn’t contain himself seeing Yoona’s utter beauty with the remarkable sweet pink poofy dress and the stunning magic touch adorned on her slim face. His pair of eyes never moved at Yoona’s beauty as though she was a real goddess. He really hadn’t expected Yoona would be so awfully beautiful like this when he reached the boutique early on 6.45 pm.

“L-Luhan?” Yoona’s voice suddenly croaked out, causing Luhan to flinch and got back to reality.

Jessica and Nana laughed cynically at the back. “Luhan-ssi must’ve been mesmerized by your beauty, Yoona-yah!” Jessica noted mischeviously, making Yoona’s cheeks turned to a bright shade of pink out of embarrassment.

“Err,” Luhan started as he scratched his head. “What did you ask just now, Yoona-ssi?”

“I asked you about this dress,” she repeated. “How was it?”

“Uhm, it’s beautiful,” he replied. “You look so pretty on that dress, Yoona-ssi, as well as the make-up.”

“Really?” Yoona asked again for confirmation whilst blushing slightly of his comment.

“Indeed,” Luhan said as an earnest smile twisted on his lips. He didn’t lie about Yoona’s appearance, though. In fact, he was somewhat proud that he had a beautiful wife like her from the bottom of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter