That XX

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Sixteen – That XX

For God’s sake, Yoona was wonderstruck.

Luhan.

That was only the name that she kept mulling over for almost every minute as she was in Kai’s car. She had to agree when Kai wanted to drive her back home. If she didn’t take Kai’s request, how on earth she would go home? Her car was still in the workshop. Taking a cab? She didn’t think about it as soon she had hopped in his car. Still, it was not wrong. Kai was her friend. It was not like he was a criminal or something.

“What’re you thinking, Yoona?” Kai questioned as he latched a prompt glance at her.

Yoona turned at him and shook her head restlessly. “Uhm, I’m thinking about Luhan-ssi.”

“Why?” The latter furrowed an eyebrow in befuddlement. “Is he sick?”

“Hello, you’re the one who is sick, okay?” she jeered derisively and stuck her tongue out at him. Her thoughts on Luhan vanished out of the blue as she was kind of immersed with Kai.

He let out a rather shrill laugh. “Well, I’ve now recovered, Yoona.”

“Whatever you say, Kai,” said Yoona insipidly.

“Ah, maybe he’s busy or has something urgent to do at the moment,” the latter presumed randomly. “Well, who knows?” He shrugged at the end of his remark.

“If he’s suddenly busy, he’d definitely tell me in advance,” enlightened Yoona. She bit her lip anxiously. “He could have called me or sent me a text message. But he didn’t do that. He even switched his phone off.”

“Well, I have no idea about it,” Kai remarked as he made a turn to Yoona’s neighbourhood. He knew where was Yoona’s apartment located as he had been there once. But he didn’t go up to her house. He had no guts to face Yoona after she had gotten married.

“It’s fine,” she said and looked at him with an insipid, tiny smile, “you don’t have to bother yourself thinking about me and Luhan-ssi.” She flashed him an insipid, tiny smile. “It’s none of your business, though.”

“Oh… okay.” Kai nodded sluggishly. “I guess it doesn’t matter me, eh?” he asked with a dry chuckle and earned an instant nod from Yoona.

Little did Yoona knew, he was indeed hurt by her words though she didn’t me to offend the latter.

As a matter of fact, he wasn’t longer a part from Yoona’s life but could he slip in at the tiniest part of her heart that now belonged to her husband? That was enough for him, indeed.

***

“Luhan-ssi?”

That was the first word which came out from Yoona’s mouth as soon as she stepped in the house with a thumping heart. She was totally curious to see Luhan as those questions kept lingering on her mind. But unfortunately, the latter seemed gone.

The house was pitch black. Even the lamps which she used to switch open though they weren’t at home were all dead.

Yoona quirked an eyebrow in massive bewilderment. Where did he go? Why did their house turn out like this?

This was totally strange.

Much to her surprise, she had to tiptoe throughout the living room as she can’t see anything at all as if the electricity was completely cut off. Plus, the hushed atmosphere made her feel eerie. Truthfully, she wasn’t a type of a person who easily got scared by the dark, but today was an exception. She couldn’t help but feel intimidated out of the blue. It looked like some kind of intruders had barged into their house.

As soon as she reached at her bedroom, she promptly pulled the doorknob and darted in a flash. She let out a sigh of relief as she was now safe and sound. Abruptly, she flicked the lamp on and she, soon, was very flabbergasted to see a guy laid on the bed and he turned out to be Luhan, unquestionably.

“Luhan-ssi?” Yoona screeched, her jaw dropped in astonishment as her eyes flickered at his faint body. “W-what’re you doing in the dark?”

***

After sending Yoona home, Kai went straight to his home back. One hour later, his best friend, Kyungsoo, dropped by his home after work. He went home pretty late since he had to burn his time for the proposal that he had to pass up tomorrow. Though he was tired, he still dropped by Kai’s house to pay him a visit.

“Kyungsoo-yah, let’s go out,” said Jongin all of a sudden and it caused Kyungsoo to be taken aback by his unexpected words. “I’m hungry.”

“For God sake, are you serious?” the latter questioned in disbelief, his jaw dropped dramatically. “Since when do you have interest in eating?” His voice was dripped with sarcasm that Kai let out a laugh.

He stopped laughing and added, “Since Yoona visited me.” A merry smile lit up on his lips as he reminisced the moment when Yoona unexpectedly paid him a visit. He was indeed flabbergasted upon her presence and thus, all his edgy, wretched feelings gone out of the blue.

“Seriously?” Kyungsoo seemed suspicious. Though he knew Yoona was here this evening (in fact he was the one who drove Yoona here), he had no idea what kind of power she had to change the dull Kai. “How did she do towards you?”

“I have no idea,” Kai simply answered, “I guess her presence had just made my life seemed bright again.”

“Ah, I see…” Kyungsoo merely nodded in acceptance. Then, a satisfied flitted across his face. Though he had mixed feelings when Yoona said she wanted to visit Kai, she managed to get Kai back on track. He really felt blessed towards her for making his best friend ‘alive’ again. No words could describe his ecstasy when he saw the sparkling glimmer adorned on his face.

“You know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter