Shattered Memories

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen – Shattered Memories

I’ve done with the meeting, Luhan-ssi. You can fetch me right now - Yoona

A smile swept across his face as he read the text message from Yoona. She asked him to fetch her now as the meeting between her friend and her had ended. Yoona had slipped in the address of her friend’s house throughout the text message.

He grabbed the car key on the coffee table and stood up from the couch to make his way to the door. But before he could pull the doorknob, his cell phone rang all of a sudden.

He had no choice but to take the call at once. He didn’t even glance over the caller as he was trying to be quick.

“Hello...?” He greeted promptly, his voice was heavily dripped in such rapidity.

“Hello, Luhan. How are you doing?”

Luhan froze as soon as the recipient’s voice boomed in through the speaker. Indeed, he was filled in utter astonishment. The delicately husky voice that he hadn’t heard for a kind of of long time, unexpectedly appeared today. His mouth was ajar open whilst his hands shivered in much surprise.

“Why’re you being silent, Luhan?” the voice asked in curiosity. Then, a high-pitched cackle escaped from . “Ah, I guess you’re surprised to see me call you, right!”

“Seohyun, why are you calling me?” Instead of getting hyped of her joke, Luhan seemed rushed to end the conversation; his voice even turned serious. “Make it quick, I’ve got something urgent to do at the moment.”

“Luhan! Why’re you being like this, huh? I suppose you’re insanely happy upon my call in the first place! This isn’t exactly what I’m expecting from you!”

“Seohyun,” he said grumpily with a growl, “don’t get on my nerves, would you?”

“Fine,” the latter grunted as she sighed in exasperation. “I’m calling you as I’ve got something to tell you-”

“What is it about?” Luhan cut her off abruptly as he wanted the conversation to end speedily. Yoona may have been waiting for him for too long. If he wouldn’t have to fetch Yoona, maybe he can extend the conversation.

“You still owe me something, Luhan.”

“What’re you talking about? I owe you something?” His eyes widened. For God’s sake, he had no idea what was Seohyun trying to say. Indeed, he thought he hadn’t had any relationship with the latter after she went overseas. Her remark was seriously absurd and unacceptable.

 “Have you forgotten, Luhan?” Seohyun let out a laugh. “It hasn’t been too long yet you’ve completely forgotten our agreement, for God’s sake!”

“I have no idea what’re you grumbling about, Seohyun so would you mind to be more specific? Tell me what kind of things did I owe you!”

“You’ve got to think by yourself, Luhan,” the latter remarked imperturbably before she opted to end the call. “I’ve got to go now so bye!”

“Wait-”

Seohyun abruptly terminated the call before Luhan could finish his words.

He let out an infuriated sigh as he pondered Seohyun’s words. For God’s sake, what was the thing that he ‘owed’ to her?

All of a sudden, a particular scene that had happened about three months ago replayed in his mind voluntarily. His mouth gaped open as he had finally gotten a grasp of Seohyun’s words. A grievous sigh emerged as he smeared his face with both of his hands.

I’m so ing dead!

***

Jessica flickered her gaze at Yoona in such concerned way. Her best friend looked pretty disorganized and in a complete mess; she’d rather keep silent and sip her drink insipidly than converse a talk with her.

She could only shake her head restlessly. She had no idea what kind of problems had encountered Yoona’s life that caused her to be so upside down. Yoona had pointed out that it related to her husband, Luhan. She wondered it must be something terribly serious that she wouldn’t be in this sort of state if it was just a light problem.

“Yoona-yah,” Jessica started, “Are you okay?”

Yoona shrugged with a bland smile and answered, “Not really. My mind’s been so messed that it could smash apart, I guess”

“Tell me what’s happened between you and Luhan-ssi, Yoona-yah...” impulsively, she grasped Yoona’s hands and caressed them subtly. “I’m all ears, my dear.” She beamed a genuine smile at her.

Yoona smiled a bit and opted to flood everything out that happened between Luhan and her to Jessica. Jessica had been a great listener to all her problems; she was a friend that she was really close to and she was like her so-called big sister. “Like I’ve mentioned previously... we’re not in a fight nor he’s cheating on me... but he’s being utterly cold and ignorant to me all of a sudden. I’ve no idea what’s gotten into him, though. Everytime he looks at me, there are annoyance and fury buried in his eyes. I suppose he’s started to loathe me...” Yoona let out a rather heavy sigh at the end of her remark, conveying her inner thoughts about her devastation towards her husband.

“Don’t you try to ask him why of the sudden change of him?”

“How can I ask him he doesn’t want to see my face?” replied the latter and continued to speak, “you know what, Sica-yah... he even tends to go home late at night lately...” Yoona emitted a dry chuckle. “I bet he intends to avoid seeing my face.”

“Uhm, maybe... he has some kind of massive problems?” Jessica randomly guessed as she took a sip of her drink.

“If he ever has problems, he should’ve told me. What’s the use of being his wife if he holds back his problems?”

“You’re kind of right,” said the elder, nodding in agreement. Yoona’s words were definitely true. She couldn’t deny it. “So what’re you going to do now, Yoona-yah?”

“I don’t know, seriously...” Yoona sighed restlessly.

Jessica seemed to contemplate some thoughts profusely as she kept fiddling her fingers on the table. A moment later, her pair of eyes twinkled in excitement. “You know what, Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter