Fiction and Fact

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Two – Fiction and Fact

Chen could see his friend’s elated expression on his face had seemingly faltered as soon as he picked up the call. He had no idea what had gotten into the latter. Once Luhan had ended the quite lengthy conversation, a question out of curiosity spilled almost immediately from his lips.

“Who’s calling you just now, Luhan-ah?”

Luhan tossed his phone aside carelessly on the desk before he averted his gaze at him. “Uhm, just a friend of mine,” he answered nonchalantly.

“Who?” Chen tilted his head curiously.

“You wouldn’t know even if I ever tell her name.” The elder seemed dispassionate to talk further about his so-called friend to Chen as he abruptly sprung his arm out to seize his phone back.

“Oh… okay.” Chen nodded inwardly upon Luhan’s act. He knew the way Luhan acted so apathetic, it meant he didn’t to voice out his thoughts further. Later, he simply watched Luhan’s fingers dance slickly onto the keypad.

 “Seems like I’ve got to cancel my lunch date with Yoona today.” Luhan let out a monotonous chuckle as he’d done sending a text message to someone.

The younger raised an eyebrow and sent him a questioning look. “Why? Do you have another appointment?”

“Sort of.”

“Well, don’t be disappointed, Luhan-ah,” said Chen reassuringly, his lips quirked up to form a smile. “It’s not like you can’t meet her at home.”

Luhan deliberately managed to conjure a smile on his lips, trying to gratify Chen, though, deep in heart; he was really dejected that he couldn’t meet Yoona as promised today.

He had no idea why he seemed so desperate to see his wife’s today. Maybe, he could sense something big was about to occur soon?

***

“I’m pregnant!” Yoona’s voice was entirely trickled in much enthusiasm and ecstasy as she scooted closer to the elder, only to give her an enthusiastic embrace.

As if she was dreaded to a deep jungle all alone, Jessica’s eyes literally turned wide open. She seemingly couldn’t digest properly what had the younger uttered. On top of that, she suddenly hugged her so tightly, rendering her wonderstruck. “You’re what?”

She pulled out the hug and gazed at Jessica back with a wide grin. “I’m pregnant, Sica-yah! I’m freaking pregnant!”

“You’re… pregnant?” Jessica reiterated her words, giving her a quizzical look. “Seriously?”

Yoona nodded again. “Indeed!”

Once she had confirmed Yoona didn’t lie about her being pregnant, Jessica ended up giving her friend a big hug. “Oh God, I haven’t expected you’d be pregnant, Yoona-yah! I solely thought you must’ve gotten some sort of serious diseases!”

“Me too, Sica-yah!” Yoona nodded briskly. “I thought something bad has gotten into my body in the first place but it turned out that the reason why my stomach jolted so much in pain and I threw up, it’s solely because I’m pregnant!” The result from the doctor really gave her such a big shock but she was very happy to get pregnant. It was as if her dream had been granted by God.

“I bet Luhan will be very happy once he knows that you’re pregnant,” Jessica said, grinning.

“I suppose.” Yoona beamed tentatively. She couldn’t wait to have Luhan known about this delightful news during today’s lunch date. No doubt, his fatherly vibe will be jumping all out today.

But a moment later, much to her surprise, a text message popped in and Yoona was a bit (well, a lot) upse as she read the content.

I can’t make up for today’s lunch, jagiya. I’m sorry. Something came up all of a sudden. – Luhan

“Why?” Jessica saw Yoona heaving a sigh all of a sudden. Something must have come up, she thought.

“Luhan couldn’t make up to our lunch date today,” she spilled disappointedly, “though he’s the one who set it up.”

“Well, something must have come up all of a sudden.”

“I don’t know…” Yoona shook her head helplessly. She was a bit dejected but she couldn’t help it. It was not like she can’t meet him at home.

“So, Yoona-yah…. do you want to drop you at your house?” the elder queried.

Yoona nodded. “Well, where would I go further? Luhan’s busy and can’t make it up to our lunch date.” She chuckled bitterly.

“Cheer up,” she said, patting her shoulder comfortingly. “You’re pregnant. You should be happy, you know.”

A wide smile crept on her lips as her pregnancy was mentioned and her utter disappointment towards her husband vanished at once. She was beyond happy to bear a child in her stomach.

“That’s my friend.” Jessica beamed a smile as well.

When they were about to leave the clinic, Yoona’s phone suddenly rang and she had no choice but to take a look at it.

Though she was surprised as she saw the caller turned out to be Kai, she still flicked the button ‘accept’.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Yoona,” Kai replied. “Are you free now?”

“Sort of. Why?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Can we meet today?”

“Why would we meet?” Yoona asked dumfoundedly. “Do you have something to talk to me?”

“Indeed. I need to talk to you.”

“Uhm, alright then. Where should we meet and when?”

“TS Mall, 1 pm,” he spoke his suggestion, “is that okay?”

“Sure. I’ll see you there. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Yoona ended the call and stole a glance a glance at her wristwatch. It was almost 1 a.m so she’d better go off to the promised place now. “Sica-yah, could you drop me at TS Mall?”

“Why?” She grimaced. “I thought you wanted to go home.”

“Well, I changed my mind. Someone called me to meet up.”

“Oh, sure then.”

***

Knowing that she had been utterly late, Yoona quickened her walking pace as she passed by the large bookstore and strode into the Japanese-styled restaurant.

Averting her gaze, she glanced through every corner of the wide restaurant to catch a glimpse of Kai. After a few seconds, she managed to find Kai as the latter waved his hand at her direction so that she could find where he sat at.

“Kai, I’m very sorry for being so, so tardy,” she spoke apologetically as she took a seat in front of him. Her voice sounded so weary as the result of rushing to the meeting place as fast as lightning. She knew it could somehow affect her since she was bearing her first child but she had to endure it since she didn’t want Kai to wait for her for too long.

The tan-skinned guy just let out a smile in which Yoona had no idea what did it mean. Then, his pair of eyes flickered at his wristwatch. “Well, it’s been only 2.30 pm. I thought you’ve changed your mind since I know you’re quite a punctual person.” A quite loud chuckle was heard at the end of his remark.

“I wasn’t being deliberate, you know,” she remarked honestly. “I was caught in a traffic jam. We had to wait for about an hour to just get here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter