Master's Sun

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty  – Master's Sun

Luhan peered at the pile of assorted paper bags at his wife’s hands as they momentarily sat at the bench. “Jagiya, it seems like you’ve literally bought everything in the mall.”

Yoona let out a grin upon his words. “It’s not like I go shopping every day, B. I haven’t shopped for weeks,” she explained concisely. During weekend, she had asked her husband to accompany her to the mall since she wanted to do some shopping spree. Plus, she needed a few dresses and heels for her impending functions and events. It was fortunate that she had mentioned it earlier to Luhan before he was about to follow Chen to play golf.

“Well, you’re right,” he said with a nod, “I noticed you rarely go to the mall lately.

“I’m kind of busy for these past few weeks, B.”

“I understand that you’re busy lately, jagiya,” he answered and moved to another subject. “Uhm by the way, do you want drinks?”

The younger nodded briskly. “That’s great since I’m kind of thirsty right now.”

“What kind of drinks do you want?” He rolled his eyes curiously. “Bubble tea?”

Yoona nodded once again with a grin. “I want strawberry milkshake, B.”

“Alright then.” Immediately, the elder stood up and looked at his wife. “Jagiya, you wait here for a moment, okay? I’m going to go to the bubble tea shop for a moment.”

“Sure. I’ll wait you here, B,” she responded with a smile tugged on her lips.

***

Eunji scooted closer to Kyungsoo only to whisper at his ears. “Kyungsoo, look at Kai,” she murmured softly, looking directly at the said guy who seemed to not notice their presence at his office though they had been at the entrance door there for about ten minutes.

Kyungsoo nodded at her words. “Uhm yes, Eunji. He seems oblivious of us…”

“Or maybe he pretends not to see us?”

“Maybe,” the elder simply answered, his voice was dripped in slight disappointment. Kai seemed not to mind of their presence. It made he feel devastated, though. It seemed like the latter didn’t know him and they were not best friends like they used to be.

“You want me to go at his desk and talk to him directly?” Eunji queried and instantly walked towards his desk before Kyungsoo could utter words in reply.

He was a bit taken aback of Eunji’s sudden initiative. Frankly speaking, after seeing Kai’s oblivion, he intended to just see his condition and leave the office. But when Eunji took her own initiative to appear at Kai all of a sudden, he had no choice but to follow her behind.

“Kai, let’s talk,” Eunji remarked without any greeting, gazing at the unaware latter.

Kai was indeed caught off guard of the sudden visit of his friend. He never thought Eunji would drop by his office so suddenly. To make it worse, Kyungsoo, the person he didn’t want to meet for this time being, was tagging along. He emitted a prolonged sigh of relief as his eyes caught the small figure standing behind Eunji.

“Why you’re here?” he asked with a pair of cold eyes.

“Of course we want to meet you,” replied Eunji straightforwardly, “we wouldn’t have bothered to come to your office if you didn’t opt to stay away from us all of a sudden.”

“What do you mean?” he asked dumbfoundedly, gripping the edge of his desk nervously. “I don’t understand, though.”

“Don’t be a fool, Kai.” She instantly chuckled in amusement. “I know you understand my words clearly. Where have you been for these past few weeks, huh? You have been ignoring when me and Kyungsoo wanted to meet you. You disregarded our phone calls, text messages and e-mails. Tell me what’s wrong with you, Kai. I’ve no idea what’s gotten into you that you suddenly ignored us as if we’re complete strangers to you.”

“I’m busy,” were the only words he could utter. He couldn’t think of other relevant ideas at the moment.

“Are you freaking kidding me, Kai?” Eunji’s eyes widened in amazement.

“Then what do you want me to say else, huh?” he said frigidly as he let out a sigh of exasperation. “I’ve got loads of unfinished works at office these days. My life’s been so messed-up lately. So don’t you try to add more problems to my life. I’m perfectly fine by myself so stop being so freaking caring to me as if both of you my parents!”

The two of them were awfully flabbergasted of his unexpected outburst. Eunji was speechless meanwhile Kyungsoo couldn’t control his face expression at the moment. He was really hurt of by the younger’s spiteful words. He never thought Kai would say such cruel words to both of them. It was like Kai really despised him to the extend that the latter felt disgusted of their presence. It was as if Kai had turned to be a complete stranger to him.

“Eunji, let’s go now.” Kyungsoo opened his mouth to speak for the first time when Eunji had practically led the conversation. He didn’t look at Kai’s eyes as he uttered, “We shouldn’t have disturbed him during this time since he’s busy. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter