Hide and Seek

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Chapter Thirty Three – Hide and Seek

He wouldn’t have thought that Yoona would eventually unfold the massive secret that revolved between Kai, Seohyun, and him.

Truthfully, it wasn’t him who wanted to pursue the nonsensical, ludicrous plan.

It wasn’t him, for God’s sake.

If he were to tell the truth to Yoona or anyone else, they might not believe him but Seohyun was truly the mastermind of the plan.

If she didn’t ask him for a second chance, Luhan wouldn’t have thought to cheat on her wife and it was as if their blissful marriage and everything they had gone through were all fake even though he really deemed her as his sole wife.

He loved Yoona. He meant, he was really, really in love with her.

Yet, he was on the wrong path.

He fell in love with the latter when he was desperately in the midst of plan to get Yoona back with her past flame, Kai.

***

/refer the 6th chapter onwards if you’re clueless/

Five months ago,

“Hi guys! I’m sorry for the long wait!” Luhan voiced out breathlessly as he stepped forward at the particular table.

The two persons intently latched their gaze at him whom they had been waiting like forever. They could now heave a sigh of relief as the breezy air of awkwardness was now disappeared as soon as Luhan appeared.

“So, what’s the point of you asking me to come here, Luhan-ssi?” Kai questioned the elder straightforwardly.

The latter eyed the tan-skinned guy in front of him. Kim Jongin or commonly known as Kai. He was his wife’s  past boyfriend. Both of them were in the same boat like Seohyun and him; they had to part ways to make way for the impending marriage of Yoona and Luhan.

“No need to use honorifics, Kai,” answered Luhan casually with a grin. “Since I guess we’re both around the same age.”

“Alright, then.” The latter nodded lightly. “So back to my previous question, Luhan, why you’re asking me for a meeting.”

“It’s simple,” he said and flashed his eyes at the only girl at the table. “Seohyun perfectly knows the answer.”

Seohyun shuddered slightly and later, a tentative smile twisted on her lips. “I suppose you should better explain to him by yourself. I’m not a good speaker, though.”

“Fine if you say so, Seohyun.” Shifting his gaze to Kai, his mouth bubbled up to arrange a sentence so that the latter would understand his words at once. “Actually, Seohyun asked me for a second chance to get back with me so I’m willing to give her a second chance since me, myself still couldn’t forget her.”

“Wait a minute,” he cut the elder in curtly. “Though I know two of you are ex-lovers, don’t you already have Yoona as your wife? Why would you betray her?”

Seohyun, suddenly let out a sardonic chuckle. “Jongin, why are you being like this?”

“What do you mean?” He seemed appalled of the sudden interruption by the girl.

“You still want to pursue your ex-girlfriend, right?” she remarked mordantly, looking directly at his eyes. The ex-girlfriend of him was referred to none other than Im Yoona.

He was taken aback but he tried to act normal. He swallowed the lump in his throat nervously. “It’s none of your business.”

“Okay, stop it,” Luhan blurted out, breaking the little quarrel between both of them. He didn’t want the cool ambience to be afflicted. “Let me continue my unfinished words first.”

Kai growled inwardly and peered at the elder questioningly, allowing him to proceed with his words.

“Although I want Seohyun back, I don’t to leave my wife, Yoona-ssi, behind,” he said. “It’s quite unfair, isn’t it?”

Seohyun was the only one who agreed with his words. Meanwhile, Kai, on the other hand, was wonderstruck; he had no idea what Luhan was up to.

“So, I want also you to get back with Yoona-ssi,” continued Luhan, “I know it’s going to be hard. But rest assured. I will handle everything without your help. I will try to get close to her and make her to turn back to you. And, I’m very, very sure that the odds will be in my favour.” At the end of his words, he flashed a smug smile at his dearest girl yet again and the latter grinned jocundly in return.

“What the heck?” Kai’s face turned fuming red. “You want me to get back with Yoona in such way?”

“Yes,” was the word that flowed out from Luhan’s lips. “I know you want him back, Kai. Don’t lie to yourself. I know you still hope that you can get her back, right?

“Even if I ever want Yoona back, I won’t ing use such a horrid way!” he bursted out, rendering them to be surprised. Blatantly, Kai pushed the chair backwards and said his last words to both of them before he left them dumbstruck. “Let me tell you guys for the first and the last time.  Play with Yoona’s heart and I’ll beat you up to death!”

Seohyun’s face darkened immediately; she was beyond surprised of his unexpected outburst.

“Don’t worry, baby,” Luhan bolstered the younger as he patted her back reassuringly. “I’ll still go on with this plan even Kai has withdrawn.”

Hearing his soothing remark, Seohyun could only smile in bliss. 

***

Although Kai had unexpectedly decided to pull out from the plan, Luhan would still go on with it, by hook or by crook. In fact, he didn’t want to lose Seohyun for the second time just because of Kai.

So after the meeting had ended, Luhan went home straight but unfortunately, his wife wasn’t at home. Although Yoona had told him that she’ll be going out, he thought Yoona was already at home by the time he reached home.

Trudging into their bedroom, he took his clothes off to take a shower. After he had done showering, he sat on the couch in the living room, watching television while waiting for Yoona to come home.

Sharp at 6 o’clock, Yoona eventually showed up at home and she was astonished to see Luhan there, sitting leisurely on the couch while watching television.

“You’ve come home, Luhan-ssi,” she remarked, sounding astonished.

“I came home an hour ago,” Luhan enlightened briefly. “With who did you meet with, Yoona-ssi?” Curiosity drove him insane as he rolled his eyes at her keenly.

“My friend,” she uttered, taking a seat next to him.

“Guy or girl?”

“Uhm, guy.”

“Guy?” He raised an eyebrow quizzically. He couldn’t help but feel an itchy feeling creep in his heart. If the person were a girl, he wouldn’t have bothered to suffer this tingling feeling.

“Uhm, yes.” She nodded sluggishly. “But don’t worry, Luhan-ssi. We had only drinks and talk. That’s all.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

Silently, he heaved a sigh of relief after knowing the details of their meeting. “By the way, have you eaten, Yoona-ssi?”

“Oh yes. I’ve eaten with Sica-yah before going home.”

“You went out with Jessica-ssi? Just now you said you go out with a guy. Which one is true?” he asked in bewilderment.

 “During the meeting with him, Sica-yah texted me to go shopping with her and I agreed since I’ve got nothing to do later,” she explained.

“Oh, okay then.” His face darkened slightly. “Actually, I’ve planned to eat dinner with you outside but since you’ve eaten, there’s nothing I can do, Yoona-ssi.”

 “Oh, really?” Yoona answered, feeling a bit sorry towards her husband. He might’ve been waiting for her to eat together and yet, she had already eaten with Jessica. “I’m sorry, Luhan-ssi. I shouldn’t have eaten with Sica-yah if I know about this.”

“It’s okay, though.”

“But I can accompany you if you want, Luhan-ssi.”

“Will you, Yoona-ssi?”

“For sure.” She curved a smile on her lips.

“Then,” he trailed off, “how about watching a movie at cinema before that?”

Knocked for six, Yoona’s jaw dropped slightly upon hearing his words. It seemed surreal that Luhan did ask her for a movie. She hadn’t thought Luhan would invite her, though. He was quite cold and they didn’t really talk much yet he asked him to watch a movie at cinema. Her heart skipped a beat.

“Yoona-ssi?”

“Oh, for sure,” she agreed with a merry smile. Though she was overwhelmed with perplexity but she was beyond delighted. It seemed as though their first date after getting married.

“Then, you should chance your clothes first and I’d be second.”

“Can’t I just wear this clothes, Luhan-ssi?”

The elder shook his head. “I don’t want you to wear this clothes again, Yoona-ssi. You’ve been wearing this for a day yet you still want to wear it?”

“Then, should I change?”

“Of course.” Luhan beamed a glistening smile at her. “Wear something beautiful for me.”

The younger’s face flushed furiously, she was taken aback by his surprising words. “T-then, I shall change it now.”

With that, Luhan watched her impatient footsteps towards their bedroom. A smirk crept on his lips as he crossed his hands across his chest leisurely. He never thought Yoona was utterly easy to be deceived. She was truly a gullible woman.

Seohyun, the first step is now accomplished!

***

The night date kicked off smoothly as they were currently in the cinema hall, watching ‘Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part Two’. Since both of them were avid fans of the series, they enjoyed watching the movie together. The refreshingly great ambience between the couple continued until the end of the movie.

But the great ambience seemed to have faltered when they were having dinner. As soon as Luhan threw a curious question about her personal life, Yoona seemed to avoid answering his question.

She lied about her not having boyfriend before they had tied the knot. It somehow had made the elder felt kind of dejected, considering his second step to unite Yoona and Kai failed in an instant.

But he didn’t intend to give up after failing for the first time. He will proceed to the next step and get close to Yoona as fast as he could so that the latter will be united with her past boyfriend, Kai and he will definitely get back with Seohyun.

Tugging a smile on his lips, he could literally smell the success of his plan.

                                                         ***

Well, that was he thought until he came to realize that he had fallen for his own wife, unconditionally and irrevocably.

Truthfully, he had no idea why would he fall for her. It was odd since he had never loved anyone else besides Seohyun.

Little did he know, he had unexpectedly harbored affectionate feelings towards the latter throughout his scheme to get close to her. It was quite bizarre but it was indeed the feelings were indeed real.

Luhan got distracted while he was in the midst of his plan. It was as if he was possessed by his wife’s undeniably enticing charm. So in the end, he reflected himself for a while and he really thought that he had really fallen for his wife and it had made him disregard the actual plan and also, Seohyun. It seemed as if he had become another person when he was with his wife.

He was not lying when he said he fell head over heels for her. He really meant it. Spending time with her every day rendered him euphoria. Yoona was the only reason of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter