Heart Attack

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty One – Heart Attack

The next morning, his wife was still found missing. Luhan was bewildered upon her absence. He had no idea where did she go, though. She didn’t go home since last night.

At first, Luhan thought she had gone home when he was sleeping because when he woke up just now, he was covered by blanket. He positively knew he didn’t wrap himself with blanket when he slept last night.

Prior to the thoughts, he hurriedly went to the bedroom only to see his wife inside but she wasn’t in there. The bed remained untouched.

He scratched his head, trying to figure out where did his wife go. It seemed weird when she didn’t go home last night. He wondered where did she sleep. Anxiety crept gradually in his heart as he kept on contemplating Yoona’s condition.

About the last night’s event, it suddenly lingered in his mind. He couldn’t help but feel slightly (a lot, actually) disappointed when she didn’t go home. It seemed all his hard works to impress her seemed worthless. To make it worse, Chen had helped him a lot to prepare the significant event; his best friend assisted what kind of decorations he should adorn and he also recommended some notable, scrumptious food for the candlelight dinner.

The latter didn’t even give him a call nor a text message. If she couldn’t go home last night, she could have told him beforehand. He felt pretty offended, though. Still, he didn’t want to blame her for it. He wouldn’t want to throw a fit for such a trivial matter. She might have her own reason for not telling her why she didn’t go home last night.

After he had done taking a morning bath, Luhan tried to call her again but later, was disappointed when he was only connected to the moderator. She still switched her cell phone off.

Opting what he should do right now, he came up with a decision to go to Jessica’s house. It was fortunate since he knew where was her house. Today was not a working day so she must be at home.

Hopefully, Yoona was spending her night at her best friend’s house. Or else, he’d be genuinely anxious of her condition.

***

Luhan was thrown off guard when he was unexpectedly greeted by an unfamiliar woman when he knocked the door several times. He furrowed an eyebrow, trying to figure out who was the woman. He thought this house was belonged to Jessica.

“Uhm, is this Jessica-ssi’s house?” he asked inquiringly.

The woman just beamed him a smile as she nodded. “Yes, this is indeed Jessica’s. But I live here too,” she answered composedly. “I’m her roommate, Hyoyeon.”

“Oh, I see, Hyoyeon-ssi. I’m Luhan, by the way.” Luhan nodded, grinning. “So where is she? Is she at home? Can I meet her?”

Hyoyeon chuckled mildly at his enthusiasm. “You’re asking me a lot of questions, Luhan-ssi. It confuses me which one should I answer first.”

Luhan’s cheeks went warm upon her reply. He was embarrassed at the fact he was being pretty much vigorous. He ducked his head slightly to contain his discomfiture.

“Anyway, let’s come in first. Guest shouldn’t be standing at the door like this.” She gestured him to come inside in the first place.

He followed her behind and he trailed his eyes at the warm living room. The house was undoubtedly spick and span enough for girls to live.

“Are you two only live in this house?” he questioned keenly as he sat on the couch.

Hyoyeon nodded. “Yes, only two of us live together. Actually our friend, Yoona-yah, also lived here temporarily before she decided to get married,” she explained and added vigorously, I had no idea why she got married so early. For us who are at the tender age of twenties should enjoy to the fullest first but she decided to get married so early. To make it worse, the marriage wasn’t according to her will; her parents arranged her one. If I were her, I’d have rejected the proposal. I don’t really like my parents to arrange such marriage for me. But if my would-be hubby is good-looking like you, I will agree at once!” A wacky laugh was explicitly heard at the end of her words.

“Errr, Yoona’s husband is me actually.”

“Oh, really?” She gawked at him in disbelief. Her face started to go red in embarrassment. Honestly speaking, she shouldn’t have talked to much because she will eventually talk about something that she shouldn’t have told. “I’m sorry then, Luhan-ssi. I didn’t know that you are Yoona-yah’s husband. I’m sorry again.”

He emitted a giggle in reply. “It’s okay. We didn’t know each other back then so it’s fine to make mistake.”

When they were in the midst of conversation that involved a lot of random things, Jessica appeared at the living room from nowhere.

“Oh, Luhan-ssi. What’re you doing in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter