Getting Along

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two – Getting Along

“Yoona-ssi.”

Yoona stopped herself from preparing the breakfast as she heard Luhan's voice past through the kitchen all of a sudden. She turned her body around and gazed at him who apparently walked towards the kitchen. “Yes, Luhan-ssi?”

“Did you just unpack my luggage just now?”

Yoona scanned him from head to toe as her eyes were engrossed at his casual appearance this morning but she tried not to make it obvious. Luhan looked really handsome even though he only wore t-shirt and a pair of short trousers.

“Yoona-ssi? Are you  listening to me?”  causing Yoona to flinch upon his remark.

“W-what’s t-the m-matter, Luhan-ssi?” Yoona stammered nervously. She prayed that the latter didn't sense of what she was doing just now or else she would be utterly embarrassed.

Luhan merely raised his eyebrow, feeling odd of Yoona.  She didn’t pay attention to him as if there was something bugging her just now. “I ask did you just unpack my luggage just now?”

“Oh, yes,” she replied, nodding her head in approval. Yes, that was true. She had unpacked his belongings in the luggage and stuffed his clothes neatly on the wardrobe while she placed the other stuffs at the rightful places when he took a bath this morning. She thought that he might’ve had a hard time unpacking his belongings as she assumed he hadn’t ever done it once. “I’d unpacked your clothes and stuffed it in the wardrobe while your other belongings at the other places.”

“Oh, that’s why I’ve been feeling weird why my luggage is empty and soon, I happened  to look for my clothes in the wardrobe,” he blurted out.

“By any chance, do you dislike of me doing so?” Yoona questioned him warily. She thought that he might dislike of her touching his belongings without his permission.

“I didn’t say so, Yoona-ssi.” He rolled his eyes. Then, there was a smile crept on his lips. “Thanks for that, by the way.”

“My pleasure,” she replied, returning his thankful smile. She was astonished and at the same time, feeling happy because she could see him smiling for the very first time. He looked undeniably charming with the gorgeous smile flitted across his face.

He jerked his head ahead at the kitchen table in curiosity. “What are you doing, Yoona-ssi?”

“I’m doing breakfast for us.” She beamed bashfully. “Are you hungry?”

“Sort of.”

“Then, you sit first. I’m about to finish the breakfast, though,” Yoona uttered, gesturing him to sit at the dining table.

“All right then,” he replied, nodding his head and soon, he walked towards the dining table.

Then, Yoona hurriedly finished their very first breakfast in a quick pace. She even smiled to herself as Luhan seemed to be looking forward to her cooking.

***

“So, how’s the food? Does it taste good?” Yoona questioned him eagerly, couldn’t wait for him to give comment about her cooking. She had made a simple dish which was kimchi fried rice. Though she was capable of cooking the other scrumptious dishes, she just intended to make a simple one.

Luhan stuffed a mouthful of kimchi fried rice into his mouth upon Yoona’s eager question about the food that she had made. Then, his pair of eyes rounded in pleasure as soon as he chewed the rice thoroughly. The kimchi fried rice turned out really good and the taste and flavouring were just great. He hadn’t expected Yoona to be a good cook based on her appearance. She seemed like she never reached her feet in the kitchen. “It tastes really good, Yoona-ssi.”

“Really?” Yoona beamed in delighted as he complimented her cooking.

He shoved in another mouthful of the dish and uttered, “Yes, it tastes really good, Yoona-ssi. I haven’t expected you to be good in cooking.”

“Thanks for the compliment, Luhan-ssi.” She grinned even more wider and added, “Do I look like a kind of girl who does not know how to cook?”

“Kind of,” he replied cooly, getting immersed with the meal. “Oh by the way, how many days do you on leave?”

“I didn’t take any leave, Luhan-ssi.” She took a small sip of her warm tea.

Luhan frowned. “Why you didn't, Yoona-ssi?"

“Absolutely.” Yoona nodded her head in approval.

“Then, what do you live for?”

“I’m a model,” Yoona answered, stuffing with the spoonful of the kimchi fried rice. “A freelancer model, to be exact.”

“Oh, really?” Luhan widened his eyes upon Yoona’s answer and soon, Yoona hummed in approval. He hadn't thought Yoona to be a model. That’s why she didn’t have to take leave for the marriage reception.

“How about you, Luhan-ssi?” Yoona asked.

“I’m taking leave for only three days and then, I have to get back to work.”

“Oh, I see,” she nodded her head and added, “By the way, uou’re older than me, right?”

“I’m 25 years old. How about you?”

“A year younger than you.” She smiled lightly. Her parents had informed her a bit about Luhan before this. So, that’s why she knew about his age. Plus, she had known about his family background and his occupation too. Luhan had a younger sister and she apparently had gotten married before him. He worked at his father’s company since five months ago, replacing his retired father as CEO, the highest position in the construction company.

“Oh, 24 years old?” Luhan smiled and earned a light nod from Yoona. Then, they continued to eat the breakfast without  interruption.

All of a sudden, a bunch of words suddenly flowed out from Luhan’s mouth, causing Yoona to put the spoonful of the kimchi fried rice back on her plate and flashed her keen gaze at him. “What’s the matter, Luhan-ssi?”

“Since we all know that..” he started. “We do not know each other before we got married so yeah, it’s hard for us to get along, right?”

“Yes, that’s obviously true.” Yoona sluggishly nodded her head. “To be frank, I’m still awkward with you.”

“Awkward?” Luhan raised his eyebrow. “But I though you wouldn’t feel awkward with me since you’ve been hugging me during your sleep, Yoona-ssi.”

Yoona cringed upon his words while Luhan was chortling slightly as he was reminiscing the moment. Yoona was about to slip the ultra embarrassing moment out from her head and yet, Luhan had brought it up again. She tried to cover her obviously crimson face and eat the remaining breakfast meal like nothing had happened.

***

“Luhan-ssi, I heard someone is knocking the door. Could you please open it?” Yoona said as she was busy in the kitchen.

“All right.” Luhan, whom was watching televisyen in the living room, went up and promptly opened the door. He was wondering who would come to their house in such an early morning.

“Luhan oppa!” Nana was smiling jocundly as soon as the door was opened. Joongki, who was beside her, also flashing him a warm smile.

“W-what are you guys doing here?” Luhan’s eyes went literally wide. He hadn’t expected her beloved sister and her husband would come to their house in this earlier morning.

“Oppa! Do you dislike me and Joongki oppa coming to your house?” Nana’s lips curled into an adorable pout.

“N-no! It’s not like that, though, Nana-yah," he answered, shaking his head several times earnestly. “I just wasn’t expecting you and Joongki hyung to come here this morning.”

“Sorry Luhan-ah if we’re kind of disturbing both of you,” Joongki remarked apolegetically. “Your beloved sister has literally forced me to come here as she was curious of your new apartment. Plus, she wants to meet your wife, Yoona-ssi,” he added, gazing at the grinning Nana.

Before Luhan could response to Joongki’s remark, Yoona suddenly went to them  as she was curious about who was coming to their house. “Who’s coming, Luhan-ssi?”

“Unnie!” Nana abruptly barged into the apartment as soon as Yoona appeared at them. “It’s so nice to meet you again!”

“Me too, Nana-yah,” she remarked, smiling to her even though she was still surprised over her sudden appearance at their house along with her husband. “I wasn’t expecting you and Joongki-ssi would come to our house in this kind of morning., seriously.” She glanced at Joongki and flashed him a greeting smile, who was just now sitting on the couch beside Luhan.

“I’m here to see you, unnie since we didn’t talk much during yesterday’s reception,” Nana replied, joining the two guys at the couch.

“Yes, that’s true.” Yoona nodded her head, agreeing with her thought. They hadn’t talked much during the wedding reception yesterday.

“Yoona-ssi, sorry if we’re disturbing your ‘quality’ time with Luhan-ah,” Joongki chimed in mischeviously.

Nana giggled upon her husband’s remark, “That’s so true, oppa!”

Yoona seemed flushed upon their jokes. “N-nope, you guys aren’t disturbing us.” She glanced at Luhan, who would rather seal his lips from responsing to their light jokes. “Uhm, I’ll go get the drinks for you,” she said and hurriedly went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter