Chapter Two

This Girl is Mischievous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A Mother's Love

Suzy went home feeling sad. Her mother noticed her and asked, “Suji-ah. Are you in distress?”

Suzy shook her head. “No, I’m not.” They seated on the sofa.

Her mother again asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Something just happened a while ago in school. It was just an accident.”

“What happened?” Her mother continued, “I think you just miss your old school.”

“I don’t know. I am trying to adjust, too but I think it will be hard for me to do so.”

Mrs. Bae hooked her arm on Suzy’s back. “Suji-ah, I’m really sorry for transferring you to another school. It was a mistake. I thought it was a good idea, but I realized that I should have not transferred you because of your father’s new family. I hope you understand.”

Suzy smiled a little and said, “Umma, do not worry about me. I understand you. I might also felt jealous if I saw them with Appa sending his daughters in school.”

Mrs. Bae’s tears began to emerge on her eyes. Suzy said, “Umma, are you crying? Don’t cry.”

Her mother answered, “I’m not crying. Something went in my eyes. It hurts.”

Suzy smiled. “I promise you that I will not leave and hurt you. I also promise you that no matter what happens we will always be together. Promise me that, too.”

Mrs. Bae smiled back. “Yeh. I promise.”

“And maybe someday, dad will regret leaving us both.”     

“Don’t say that, Suji-ah. He is still your father.” “Hm. Let’s stop this conversation.” Mrs. Bae stood up. “Ah, let’s eat. I prepared your favorite food. But first, go to your room and change your clothes.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter