chapter 21

The Meaning of Love *editing*

~what happened was..~


Daehun pov

This is probably the most awkward situation I have ever encountered, except that one time when Youngjae saw me on top of Yujin making it look like we were disgustingly making out on the ground. I have learned in life, that one of the worst things to experience is meeting the brother of the love of your life. 

Right now is probably that time. I've met Yujin's brother twice. I believe, or probably even just once. I lost count of how many times he's scared the hell out of me. When he came inside the room, I tried to pry my hands off of her because I was just too scared to face the fact that I will likely turn into a criminal that's locked in a room getting interrogated by my girl's brother. Not to mention, 'big' brother, but to my unfortunate luck, she kept her hands steady on mine. Gripping it harder.

I started to panic a little. Well, not a little... PROBABLY A LOT OF A LITTLE!

"Ayo sis. Are you oka-" Jiyong started, but ended. He looked straight ahead of him where he had a clear view of our hands held together.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOH, What's going on here???" He teased.

What? Did he just tease us. He's not suppose to be doing that, he's suppose to run towards me, grab my neck, and bash my head against the floor.

"Oppa, ummm.. Do you remember the little boy on my picture? The one I've always been trying to find?" My girl asks her brother.

"Mmmmmm. Ah! Yeahp. What about him? Don't tell me you replaced him with this boy." Jiyong motioned his hand to me.

This boy? What? I'm nicknamed as this boy? Oh gosh.

"No.. He's actually 'this boy." Yujin boldly stated.

"BWOH?! CHINJA?!" He practically blew up like a bomb.

"Yeahhhp" Yujin smiled, then looked at me with her angelic face. I for sure will never get tired of her. She is an angel. Oh my gosh, what am I thinking? I shouldn't be thinking like this, I should be planning out my way in to living with Yujin before her brother kills me.

"So, you're telling me that 'this boy,"

"Stop calling me 'this boy' I have a name you know?" I said with a polite tone, just incase I press the wrong buttons on him.

"Okay, okay. My bad. Well, This.. I mean, Daehyun here is the boy that left you?" Jiyong narrowed his eyes at Yujin.

Oh no. Okay. He's obviously missing the positive side to this. He's thinking of the time I left her?! Really?! I didn't want to leave, and I never will take back my thoughts of not wanting to leave when I had to. My parents practically forced me to go with them since I was still young. I mean, don't expect me to let my parents leave me at 6 years old just so I can be with the girl I love. That was crazy, stupid, love. But I get it now, and I'm glad I have her.

"Uhhhh, yeah. That's not the point though." Yujin said.

"Then what is the point?" Jiyong's index fingers flicked up.

"The point is that he's here, and that I know he's here. He wasn't just visibly here, making it seem like he's helping me. He was here to lead me the correct way, which is to move on from the past. The past that made me think that I couldn't be with him if I didn't have him. But all it took was to move, to change, and to give chance." Yujin turned to look at me in the eyes.

"Jiyong oppa. That chance was Daehyun. He came into my life giving me the chance to move and change. It kind of all makes sense now. You now the saying, 'You never get what you want, but you get what you need'? Well, that goes for me. All I wanted was to find him, be happy, and wish that he was there waiting for me. But even though we know what we wanted, we knew that we wouldn't get it until we figured out that it was what we actually needed." Yujin smiled at me. I smiled back to her, caressing her cheek with the palm of right hand. Oh, how much I love this girl right here. She has got to be the blessing of my life.

"Oh wait, by the way. How did you find out we were.. you know? Childhood lovers?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Uhhm. So, what happened was..."

Flashback

The boys and I walked out of the room after hearing what happened. I can't believe it. Ajhjushi was her father the whole time? That's impossible. I mean I hear him talk about his family and stuff, but I never knew that she was the daughter.

But, wait. Now that I think of it. It makes all sense. This whole thing is like a jigsaw puzzle. Yujin is from Busan, Ahjjushi is from Busan, Youngjae is from Busan and they are cousins, Yujin's mom was just inside, and that lady was my childhood lovers mom.

"Yujin.." I mumbled. "She..." I continued.

"Is your long lost love." Youngjae finished.

I looked up at him with a bewildered face. Did he know the whole time and didn't tell me?

"You knew?" I asked.

"Yeah.. When we first met Hyejin... she dropped something on the ground and you picked it up. That's when I saw the necklace around your neck, it was the exact same necklace Yujin had told me about." Youngjae sat on the waiting chairs, patting the seat on the side of him to tell me to sit down. I sat down and he continued.

"She would always talk to  me about you. She would say how different you made her feel even though we were only 6 years old that time. She said that she wanted to find you and reunite at some point in time. Saying that if she dies not meeting you again, her life wouldn't be fulfilled." Youngjae looked down to his tapping feet.

"It broke my heart. I knew how heartbroken she was but it wasn't to the max where she would cry every night." He looked up.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys earlier. I just thought it would be fun to keep it in and let you guys magically find out yourselves, but that was wrong for me to do. It was such a move, and I hope you can forgive me." Youngjae looked back down with disappointment written all over his face.

"Hey." I teasingly mumbled. "We're not girls. Forgive and forget, remember?" I smiled at him and patted his back.

I was overwhelmed, but I knew I had to take it in and just it up like man. That's when the thought came to me. I don't have to worry about Yujin not being mine, because she already is. All the pieces are put together, and I'm glad that this actually happened because if it didn't then it would take a longer time for us to be together, or worse, not even be together.

~~~~~

"So, Youngjae knew this whole time?" Jiyong asked me. I looked up at him and made my lips in to a thin line.

"Yeah." I slowly said. Jiyong shook his head in disapproval and grinned.

"Time to beat his up." He snickered and went to walk out.

"Yah! oppa, you better not!" Yujin yelled at him. He flailed his arm up to shoo away the situation. Once he left, the atmosphere wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. 

Yujin and I sat on her bed for a couple hours. We talked about everything, the people we know, how we're related to those people, and other past stuff. She also told me about Taeyang. She said that he liked her and that they had a special relationship, but he knew that she didn't like him back because of me. It surprised me that I was the reason why she had never gotten a boyfriend. I didn't expect her to actually wait for me and find me, but I'm glad she did.

It was already 5 in the afternoon when our conversation subsided to tiredness. The door creaked open, revealing the 3 boys. Yongguk, Himchan, and Youngjae all came forward and started teasing us.

"So, ya'll good now?" Yongguk nudged my shoulder. I smiled and nodded.

"It was so obvious you guys were gonna end up together." Himchan chuckled.

"Shut up hyung." I glared at him.

"Whatever." He walked to the couch and sat down. Youngjae was the only one who haven't spoken. 

"You okay?" Yujin poked Youngjae. His eyes moved from the ground, to his fiddling fingers, to Yujin.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Oppa, don't worry. It wasn't a big deal. I know how you are, you love keeping things in and never telling just to have fun. It's alright." Yujin opened her arms out. He leaned down and gave her a hug.

"Oh, we talked to the doctor and he said your father's fine now. He just needs a week or two to get back into physical movement state. He's just really weak right now." Yongguk spoke up.

"That's good to hear." Yujin smiled.

"I think we're gonna go now." I blurted.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. We're gonna go to school and ask to excuse us from our classes from yesterday and today." Yongguk smiled.

"Get better!" Himchan yelled before walking out.

"Yeah, get better okay?" Youngjae sternly said.

"Okay oppa. It's not like I got ran over by a car." Yujin chuckled.

"Ha-ha." Youngjae sarcastically said and swallowed, then continued. "I'm serious though, get better." He said.

"Yeah yeah." Yujin shoo'ed them away. Once they exited out the room, I stood up.

"Where you going?" Yujin asked. I turned around to look at her.

"Im gonna go get your stuff ready and we'll be heading out. I'm gonna take you home." I walked up to her and patted her head.

Yujin pov

His hand felt nice on my head. It felt almost comforting to know that he's here with me. Finally through all the hard ships of myself thinking that I would never meet him, he was here the whole time. I closed my eyes and smiled, knowing that I'm happy and he's happy.

And nothing can change that.


A/n~ OKAAAY. So, hope you liked the chapter.. I've decided to write this way because it's easier and less complicated ahaha. Anyways, I've noticed that my writing back then was just so horrible. So, I updated my style of writing since I finally know how to actually write nice. Well, not that nice but better than before. Yeah c;

❤ thanks&subscribe