chapter 2

Beastly Love

“Hi kids!” I greeted them as they ran up to me.

“Unnie! We were waiting for you for almost 3 minutes! Why were you late?” Sujung, my favorite girl, asked me.

“Well, I’m so sorry because it takes you 3 minutes to go down from the hill.” I pinched her nose.

“What were you doing up there?”

“I composed a new song for you.” The kids cheered. “You wanna hear it right now?”

“Yes!!!” then they went inside the house. I noticed one of the kids who have been here for almost 6 years. She’s already 15 years old.

“Hey.” I approached her. She smiled.

“How’s it going?” I asked her referring to her guitar.

“It’s great. I asked one of the orphans to help me.”

“Really? Someone else knows how to play?” she nodded.

“He’s over there.” The girl pointed him. He was at the gate talking with someone who came out from his car. The guy looked rich and I was wondering how an orphan got close to a rich guy.

Narrator:

“Hyung! I’m glad you came.” The orphan, named Minhyuk greeted the rich guy.

“I keep my promises kid. I also brought you a guitar.” He gave him a guitar-new and elegant.

“Wow! This looks expensive hyung. You didn’t have to buy me a new one.”

“Mine was broken. So I guess it’s much better if I give you a new one.” He smiled.

“Thanks hyung.”

 

“Who’s the guy?” ____ asked.

“I dunno. I guess a donor. I’ve never seen him before.”

 

“Why did you decide to play a guitar so sudden?” the rich guy asked.

“You see that girl over there? Her name’s Minjoo (fictional).” Minhyuk said.

“Aah. With the other girl?”

“Yes.”

“So??” the rich guy prodded.

“I like her.” He said softly.

“Aah. So you wanna teach her play?”

“I am teaching her. The only thing is I don’t have a guitar. So, thanks for giving me one hyung.” Minhyuk smiled.

“That’s okay. By the way, who’s with her?”

“I forgot her name hyung. Should I ask?”

“No! No. Never mind.”

The two of them were looking at the two girls which caused them to go inside.

“I should go now.” The rich guy said.

“Okay. Thanks hyung!”

“Good luck.” Then he rode away with his black BMW.

“Hi Minjoo.” Minhyuk approached them.

“Oh hey. Do you know her?” she asked. “She’s ____ unnie. She’s here to teach us guitar lessons. We’re so lucky!”

“Thanks noona.” He smiled.

“Where did you get that guitar? It looks very expensive.” ____ asked.

“Yeah. A donor dropped buy with all goods and he gave me this. I asked for his old one but he bought me this. I’m really happy!”

“He sounds so rich.”

“Yes. So shall we start now?” Minhyuk asked.

“Sure! Let’s go.”

____ began to play her newly composed song. As she was singing the piece, she began to realize what it meant; what AJ meant.

“It’s a good song unnie!! I like it! Did you write all by yourself?” Sujung asked.

“Anio. Someone helped me.”

“Who? Your boyfriend?”

“Ya, where did you learn that? Huh?” she pinched her nose.

“Minhyuk oppa has a girlfriend.” She said.

“Shut up you!” he yelled.

“Now don’t be like that. It’s not a big deal. I brought some food. Let’s share it among ourselves.”

Your point of view

“You’ve been such a good person, ____.” The mother superior said to me.

“Thank you. It’s the least I can do to them this summer. I don’t know if I can still visit them every day cause the classes will start next week.”

“Aah. Well, the kids would be sad. But you should think first of yourself. You can still visit on weekends, right?”

“Sure I will. I can even teach them new things I learned from my school.” I smiled.

“Oh that is nice of you!” the mother superior hugged me. “I can never ask someone better than you.”

“But you know what, instead of knowledge, this orphanage needs financial help. I saw a rich guy earlier, maybe he can help.” I said.

“Aah. Do you mean Mr. Yoon? He does help us but he’s not close with the kids like you are.”

“He looks young.” I recalled.

“Yes. Yes, he is. He is still a high school student.”

“He is? At least he has a heart for the kids.”

“Hmm, I don’t really think so. I have heard rumors about him; rumors that are so far from being so good with the kids.” The mother superior whispered to me.

“Rumors? What kind?”

“I don’t want to talk about it. Cause I don’t believe them.” she just smiled.

“Well, I should be going now. I have things to prepare.”

“Of course. Please visit us if you have time.” She hugged me once again.

“I always have time for you and the kids, mother superior.” Then I left. Suddenly, a black BMW parked outside the gates of the orphanage.

“Mr. Yoon! I’m glad you came.” I heard the mother superior said.

“I came and left earlier.”

“Oh. You should’ve met ____. She’s a kind volunteer here.”

I wanted to go back only to check out the guy. Instead of going back, I just listened to their conversation.

“Well, I’m not really interested on meeting whoever it is.” The Mr. Yoon guy said. How can he have a heart for children if he doesn’t even want to meet the person who has taught the kids he love??! He’s so ignorant!!

“Better leave now. I’ll be meeting you soon, Mr. Yoon.” I grunted and left.