chapter 14

Beastly Love

Chapter 14

AJ picked me up at my house so early. Before going to school, he took me in the park. He told me stories again. What happened few days ago was history. That’s what AJ said to me. I believed him and that was that.

When we arrived at school, I could see the people’s faces; surprised. Not to us but to the surroundings. The linoleum floor of the building was covered with red roses’ petals. I thought this was AJ’s idea. But he told me once that if he’ll give me surprises, he won’t show it to the public. Maybe it’s not even for me. But I do think that it’s for me. My name was all over the façade of the building. What the hell?

I looked at AJ but he was also surprised. Then Sooyoung went to me.

“Look! Look, ____! It’s all for you! I think it’s from a Beast. But none of them had ever done this to a girl. Is it you, Gi Kwang?”

“No.” AJ simply replied.

“I wonder.” Sooyoung was surely happy for me. From the crowd in front of the building, the students made way for Junhyung. He was wearing a white tuxedo with pink roses in his hand. Pink rose symbolizes for secret crush. ^^

Junhyung was coming towards us. Perhaps to me. What is he doing?! This is so embarrassing!

“For you.” Junhyung handed me the roses. I accepted his flowers. Just for nothing.

“I’m not fond of roses but if ever you’re a rose, I’ll never let any rose die here in the world.” Junhyung said. If the word disrespect was never in the dictionary, I’d laugh at him real hard. “Are you willing to go out with me?”

I was speechless. The other girls around us were saying ‘yes’. There’s no way I’d say that word.

“C’mon, he’s waiting.” AJ said to me, smiling.

“Yeah, this is a big chance!” Sooyoung said. No. No!!! Why would I date with this guy? For what reason?

“Don’t embarrass me.” Junhyung softly said. What did he meant? I’ll say yes so that I won’t embarrass him?

“You can date Sooyoung, if you want.” I whispered at him. Junhyung showed me a confused face. A moment later, he went back at the building where Doojoon was. He shook his head to him and he suddenly disappeared.

The crowd left one by one.

“What was that?” Sooyoung asked.

“I dunno. Why does he want me to date him?”

“Don’t mind him. He just broke up with Tiffany. Maybe he’s looking for a new one.” AJ said.

“So, what am I? Replacement?” the three of us went to our classes.

Narrator:

Junhyung and Doojoon were sitting on one desk in the class.

“How come she didn’t fall for it?” Junhyung asked him in a low voice.

“Why are you so concerned? I just asked you to say that. See if she’s easy to fool.” Doojoon said.

“Now you saw it. I’ve been embarrassed.”

“Shut up. Now it’s time for Hyunseung to do his hidden tricks.” Doojoon said.

“What?! You’ll let him speak to her? That’s impossible.” Junhyung disagreed.

“Just once.”

“But he’ll never talk to anyone he doesn’t like.”

“Stop protesting Junhyung. Just follow my lead.” Doojoon went out the room and went to Hyunseung’s classroom.

Your point of view

After some weeks, Hyunseung tried to ask me to date him. But I refused.

*flashback*

 “Hi.” He said with a normal voice and gave me a pink flower. He leaned down and whispered. “I don’t really know what to say, just say no.”

“N-no?” I said.

“I understand.” He said a bit louder so that everyone around us could hear. He left without another word.

Weird…

“Two guys in one day don’t please you.” Sooyoung appeared at my back. I jumped in surprise.  “Who are you waiting for to ask? Your AJ?”

“Sooyoung, please.” I said.

“But you know what, Hyunseung doesn’t speak with girls. But a lot of women like him for being quiet.” Sooyoung said.

“What’s up with girls these days? I totally dislike guys who are quiet.” I said.

“But you know what’s cooler?”

“What?”

“He only speak to girls he likes. He never had a conversation with a girl for almost a year and a half.” She said.

“What do you mean… exactly?” I asked dumbly.

“Aish… Hyunseung likes you! Most of the Beast does.”

“Omo? Who?”

“Tsk. Very obvious. Yoseob, Junhyung, Hyunseung.” She counted with her fingers.

What about AJ? Aww… well, better to keep my secret for now.

“Yoseob? He’s not. He told me he’ll never like me if I won’t learn how to bake a cake.”

 “And you believe him. He likes you. Dongwoon too! I saw him looking at you while you were cooking. He was very entranced by your skills and how you were carefully cutting the carrots in strips.” She smiled.

“You know what, you’re making up stories. I don’t believe you.” I frowned.

“Why won’t you believe her?” AJ interrupted us.

“AJ!” I exclaimed. I was wondering if AJ likes me too. Even just as a friend.

“What she said was true.” He smiled.

*present*

I realized I was walking alone in the hallway. From a corner, Doojoon appeared suddenly; giving me a scare.

“Long time no see.” He said.

“I see you everyday.” I tried to be polite through his fake greeting.

 “You refused my boys’ offer. You’re unbelievable.” He was suddenly mad.

“I’ll never date with them. Why would I?”

“Because I asked them to. Anyway, I wanted to say sorry for what happened last time. Is your knee okay?” he stared at my knee. I immediately covered it with my book. I’m not used to guys staring at my legs.

“It ‘was’ okay.” I exaggerated. “Until you came.” Then, I walked away quickly.

He’s really a . First, he’s concerned. Next… you don’t wanna know.

“Good luck for tomorrow!!” he called out jokingly.