chapter 17

Beastly Love

Chapter 17

Your point of view

“____, let’s hang out in the orphanage again!” Sooyoung said while we were walking to our lockers. It was already dismissal.

“Sure, why not?” I happily said. All of a sudden, Doojoon appeared at my side.

“Hey.” He said while fixing his scruffy hair. I ignored him and continued my business on my locker.

“Hi Doojoon!” Sooyoung answered. She was happy just seeing him.

“What are you doing?” he asked me. I sighed and I faced Sooyoung.

“Getting my book.” I stared at her to pass my message to Doojoon.

“She’s getting her book.” Sooyoung said.

“Oh. You free later?” he asked.

“No.”

“No.” Sooyoung repeated.

“____, talk to me.” he said.

“____-ah, talk to him.” Sooyoung said to me.

“Why should I?” I faced him. “Did you talk to me last time? I’m just taking revenge. Let’s go Sooyoung.” I grabbed her away.

“Bye Doojoon! Nice chat!” she called.

“Why are you ignoring him?” she asked me while we were already away.

“Well, he ignored me too.”I said.

After school

AJ went home ahead because of a family matter. I said it was okay since he was insisting to take me home. So I lied that I’ll be going home with Sooyoung. But she went home with her friends since they forced her not to hang out with me.

I guess I’ll be going home alone again.

Not until Doojoon went to me.

“____, I need your help.” He said. I don’t refuse anyone who needs my help. But if it’s Doojoon, I would snub him.

“What do you want with me?” I asked while walking fast to my bike.

“Can you accompany me at the field?”

“What?! No way!” I said.

“Please! Just for awhile.” Then he dragged me back inside the building.

“I’ll be late with my appointment at the orphanage!”

“I’ll drop you there.” I could sense that he was smiling. Is he planning something?!

“Ya! Let go!” I tried to retrieve my wrist from him. But he didn’t until we arrived at the field.

“I just want someone with me during my soccer practice.” He simply said. “Don’t worry, I mean you no harm. Now, sit over here.” He pushed me down at the fine grass of the field. He still wasn’t smiling which was making me more irritated.

Okay, he’s good at soccer. Perhaps, is he trying to impress me? It’s not working. I drew my head back, looking at the blue sky. From afar, the clouds were gloomy. Maybe one of these days, it’ll rain hard. I ignored it and looked at him playing with the soccer ball. Every time it goes in the goal, he shouts happily.

“Yoon Doojoon, you’re a mighty soccer player!” he imitated as if he was the announcer. I laughed. He’s crazy. As I was watching him, 4 huge shadows appeared since I was behind the sun. They stood at my back. I slowly turned my head to them and I gasped. It was the 3 guys from the swimming competition! They were with their ‘leader’. He had his fists placed on his hips and the 3 guys stood beside him.

“Where’s Doojoon?” their leader asked. I turned my head to where Doojoon was. He was running happily around the field; perhaps he goaled again. The 4 guys walked past me.

“Hey! Where are your passes?!” I yelled at them. One of them exposed his long middle finger at me. I was speechless but I remained at my seat; showing that I don’t care.

Narrator:

“I see you’re good at soccer.” The leader said when they approached him.

“Oh. It’s you… my dear fiend.” Doojoon said, kicking his ball with his knees. “I mean… friend.”

“Don’t you disrespect me.” he answered.

“Did you show respect to me too?”

“Where is she?” the leader changed the topic.

“Who?”

“My girlfriend!” he yelled.

“Oh, I thought she’s married.” Doojoon looked at them. “Isn’t her mother arranged a marriage with a guy from France? That guy with wealthy possessions, smart, rich-looking face, owns a lot of resorts in France? The guy who has all you don’t have.” Doojoon said to him. The leader was furious and he was about to punch him but his company stopped him. Doojoon just stood there like a statue.

“Tsk. Tsk. Poor guy. Left by her girlfriend and married another one.” Doojoon said sarcastically. The leader was more furious.

“She left me because you stole her from me!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. To tell you, she came to me and asked me to love her. I couldn’t just refuse her. Who would want to reject that gorgeous face, with nice legs, body… perfect for making love? Oh, perhaps you’ve seen it, cause I already did.” Doojoon smiled.

“Arrgh!” the leader was able to free himself from his friends’ clutch and landed his big fist on Doojoon’s face, leaving a huge bruise and blood splattered on his face.

____ saw him low on the ground. She went to him, running.

“Don’t come near, ____!” Doojoon was able to speak despite of blood coming out from his mouth. She stopped meters away from them.

“So ____ is the name of the new girl.” The leader said brushing his bloody fist with a handkerchief.

“Don’t… you ever… touch her.” Doojoon said.

“Oh, how sweet.”

“She’s the reason why we got beaten up by this guy.” One of the guys spoke.

“Is that so? Well, I don’t accept losers in my team. So we’ll take revenge.” The leader said.

“No! Don’t involve her in our problem!” Doojoon kept saying. Then he tried to stand.

“No exceptions.”

Doojoon walked away. He went to ____, trying his best to walk.

“Who are they? Why did they beat you up?” ____ asked wiping the blood around his face.

“They didn’t beat me up. What are you talking about? It was just a punch.” He managed to smile while speaking weakly.

“Why are you smiling?! Uggh! I hate it!”

“I wanted to show you the smile you’ve always wanted to see. I’m sorry ____, for always making you angry.” He knelt down not because he was tired but he was begging to forgive her.

“Stop it Doojoon! Let’s go now!” she dragged him away.

“Don’t forget Doojoon! I’ll involve every one you love, just like how you did to me!” the leader called out.

Your point of view

Doojoon dropped me at the entrance of the village without speaking to me. I guess I’ll ask him tomorrow. I don’t wanna make him mad. But my mouth was itching to ask what he meant earlier.

“Doojoon, I was wondering…”

“I don’t know where your home is.” He interrupted. “Just get off here.” He looked serious so I obeyed him. He drove away quickly. That was the time I got concerned about him. I wanted to help him; heal his wound and his feelings.