chapter 23

Beastly Love

Your point of view

AJ and I headed to the orphanage to bid goodbye to everyone.

“Unnie, please don’t leave me.” Sujung cried while hugging me.

“I should. My parents want to be with me. I can’t refuse them.” I said to her.

“Don’t worry Sujung. Oppa will be with her.” AJ said. I nodded to her and she smiled.

“Minjoo, Minhyuk, take care of each other. Someday, I want to see you two performing on the stage together. araso?” I told them.

“Sure thing, noona.” Minhyuk said smiling at her.

“Mother superior, please take good care of them. I’ll send donations every month.” I said to her.

“Oh, it’s kind of embarrassing but I shouldn’t refuse the blessing. Thank you!” she hugged me. Then I turned to ahjumma who have been with me for 4 years.

“I don’t know what I’ll do without you here.” She held my hands. “You’ve brought joy to my life and you filled my desire of having a daughter. I hope you’ll be successful someday.”

“I will ahjumma. Thank you for raising me like your own.” I hugged her. “I’ll arrange your papers so that you can go with me in Canada. I’ll introduce you to my parents since you raised me like your own daughter.”

“____, hate to interrupt but we should get going.” AJ whispered in my ear. I nodded and bid goodbye to everyone.

Airport

Our friends were waiting for us at the airport. Sooyoung’s energy was drained out for I’ll be leaving that day. All of them were happy for us & at the same time sad.

“Remember to call me every day! Araso?! Tell me if someone hooks up with you. Tell me if there are cute guys who want to know you.” Sooyoung said. “Introduce me to them, okay? And make sure you tell me your e-mail and number when you get there. Araso?!” she started sobbing.

“I will, Sooyoung. Don’t worry.” I squeezed her tight.

Yoseob was silent. He looked like he was about to cry but he was controlling it.

“Yoseob-ah…” I said and he suddenly hugged me. He pecked on my bare shoulder which sent goose bumps all over my body. I smiled when he let me go. I left a kiss on his puffy cheeks. I also left a kiss on Junhyung, Hyunseung and Dongwoon’s cheeks. I noticed Dongwoon blushed.

I saved the best for last. Doojoon got all the time he wants to say goodbye.

“First, never let any guys touch you. Except AJ cause I know you trust him. Is that clear?” Doojoon eyed him sternly. “Second, call me every night. Third, …”

“Wait…” I interrupted. “Are you my boyfriend? Why are you giving me rules?”

“Just making sure. Fine, just ignore them.” he pulled me close to him and crushed me tightly. He smoothed my back and muttered on my ear.

“14344.”

“1432.” I replied. (Surely every reader know the meaning)

“Mean it.” He muttered.

“Always will.” I answered while grinning.

“Hey, listen.”

“What?” I asked with my head on his chest.

“I can’t fly and lift an island like Superman. But there’s one thing we’re in common.”

“Lemme guess. You’re both brave.” I said.

“No. Remember what he always says?” Then he put his mouth near my ear. “I’m always around.”

“I’ll remember that.” I answered.

 He let go and AJ took my hand as the P.A announced that our plane will be leaving.

“Bye!!” we both said as we were walking away. Doojoon ran after us.

“Hey, before you leave I was wondering when you’re going to thank me.” he whispered.

“Thank you for what?” I asked softly.

“For saving you at the pool, remember? You drowned and I saved you. I just can’t take it off my mind.” He smiled sheepishly.

“Eh? But AJ saved me. He didn’t say anything after that and all I knew that he was the one who saved me.”

He frowned. “Gi Kwang-ah! You didn’t tell her!”

“The what?” he asked. But Doojoon whispered it to him.

“Oh. Sorry hyung.” He just gave Doojoon a sunny smile.

“Since, I’m your first kiss, I don’t mind doing it again.” He said to me; then turned to AJ.

 “For that, you will have your punishment!” he yelled at AJ. Doojoon grabbed my back, held my head and crushed his lips into mine. AJ was in front of us. That was his punishment; Doojoon kissing me in front of him to make him jealous. I admit that he’s a good kisser and I hoped that I won’t leave and stay here; stay in his lips for the rest of the day.

“Doojoon hyung, stop that now. The plane’s leaving.” He kept on pulling Doojoon’s head away from mine.

“No way.” He mumbled. I just shrugged while AJ was tugging on my arm.

“Hyung. Please. Stop that!!! It’s burning my eyes!!!” he said while looking away. Doojoon smiled and I let go.

“Waeyo?” he looked at me disappointedly.

“My parents are waiting.” I said without looking at him. I’d be flushed if I meet his seductive eyes. Then finally, we were separated for good. No one can stop us from leaving. We were across the check point section where non-passengers could pass.

“Doojoon hyung. I can’t promise to you that I’ll never like her. And I’ll never keep secrets from you. It’ll be better if I tell you now before I leave.” AJ said to him. Doojoon was all ears. AJ grabbed my arm and smacked his lips to mine. I wrinkled my eyebrows from the sudden attack. I looked at Doojoon and he frowned at first. Then, his eyes widened. But he didn’t get mad. Instead, he smiled.

“Fine, I’ll share.” He said and the rest of the members joined him along with Sooyoung.

“Congrats, friend! I’ll miss you!” Sooyoung yelled.

“You too!” I yelled back while waving.

AJ and I went in the plane without talking until we arrived in Canada. When I introduced him to my parents, they agreed me to him. Since, he’s the one I really like, I didn’t refuse. But of course, the one I really loved was Doojoon. I accepted the fact that Doojoon and I are meant for each other… but not forever.

 

Thus ends my story… (Your story)