chapter 18

Beastly Love

Chapter 18

THROBBING OF MY HEART

Doojoon was absent again. *sigh* I felt sadness over me. It’s so lonely sitting alone. I want him beside me. Then I received a text message.

‘____-ah, let’s go out tomorrow okay?’ it was from AJ.

‘Sure. But you can tell me this later, why did you have to text me in the middle of our lecture?’ I replied.

‘I miss you already. I’m sorry for disturbing.’ He texted. My heart skipped a bit. Then, slowly my cheeks heated up. Like when you’re tuning up the heat of the stove.

‘Anio. That’s okay. It was nice of you to miss me.’ I pressed send absentmindedly. Omo! I typed it all wrong!!! So embarrassing! I should type ‘It’s nice of you to remember me.’ since he hadn’t talked to me all morning. Now that he did, I had told him something that is not supposed to say.

‘Really?  J I’m glad you liked it. See ya later, my sweet cookie!’ my hand was shaking. I froze. Then I began to sweat since my cheeks were very hot and my body is cold. Since last week, he kept calling me cookie. Eventually, Yoseob was the one who was calling me that. And AJ kept teasing me, so it’s stuck until now.

Cafeteria

Sooyoung and I sat on a table. Then suddenly, 5 boys rushed to our table as if there was a mob going on and they don’t want to stay empty-seated.

“Annyeong ____-shii!!!” Yoseob greeted and pinned his body beside me; same with AJ who approached me, smiling his sunny smile. Junhyung sat beside Sooyoung with a seductive look. Hyunseung and Dongwoon sat down together holding their book and flower as their private company.

“Oh, Yoseob-ah, you look happy.” I said to him.

“Yes! I just ranked Number 1 in my class! But I’m not fully happy since Doojoon hyung is not here.” He pouted. Way too cute so I hugged him like I do with a kid.

“Don’t be sad, I’m here!!” I said and rubbed my cheek on his biceps.

*Yoseob froze and slowly his cheek went very red.*

“____-ah, I guess you’re happy too.” Junhyung said to me while slowly putting his hand on Sooyoung’s shoulder. She didn’t notice it since she was so happily chatting with Yoseob in front of her.

“Eh? Why do you say that?”

“Doojoon’s not here. You should be rejoicing!” he smiled.

“I- I guess. I’m so glad he’s not here!” I smiled. But all I said was a lie. I kept thinking his condition and his problem regarding those 4 guys I met yesterday. “Why, where is he anyway?” I asked.

“Now you’re concerned.” Dongwoon spoke even though he was concentrating on his book.

“I’m not. Well, even he’s absent; he can’t let me do all the work that was assigned for us.” I complained. Everyone fell silent. “So, where is he?”

“We don’t know.” AJ said.

“He’s your friend. How come you don’t know where he is?” Sooyoung said.

“He’s home. But he told us not to interrupt him.” Yoseob spoke quickly as if he revealed something which isn’t supposed to say.

“I don’t wanna talk about it. Yoseob say something funny.” I said while stuffing bread on my mouth. Yoseob entertained us for the rest of the meal.

Doojoon was absent for almost a week. So I easily forgot about him. I wouldn’t be surprise if I see him again in school. As AJ had told me, we went out. I dunno if it’s a date or something. I was freaking nervous. Out of all our bonding moments, I felt anxious that day. Usually, when you see a guy and a girl together, they’re dating, right? Whew, I’m sweating already.

After school, AJ and I went to the hill immediately. That hill was the place where we first met and until now, we visit it for our hang outs. He knows I’m not in a great mood, so he took me there. We played with our guitars and had lots of fun.

“Bravo! Bravo!” I clapped my hands as he ended his song. “That was beautiful, AJ! You really are a great composer.”

“Thanks, ____.” He smiled to me that got me speechless again and my cheeks blushed.

“____, can you give me a piece of your cookie?” he requested. I hand him one. But I saw him opening his mouth, so I immediately gave him.

“Thanks.” He smiled like he was joking.

AJ’s point of view

I’m quite disappointed to know that she’s kind of slow at things but sometimes I’m just happy that she is. I can make her blush without her knowing that I’m doing it on purpose. Just like what I did now.

“I made that song to a special person.” I said to her.

“Really? Who?”

“Shall I give you a clue?”

“Yes!” she smiled her cute smile.

“Mmm, she’s the one who’s always making me smile. She’s the reason why I come here and compose songs.”

“Hmm, lemme think.” She closed her eyes and looked so deep in thought. ____, don’t you have any idea that you’re the one I’m talking about? The one I’m craving for?!

“Ooh! I know, I know! Kwon Sohyun? The swimmer?”

“Anio!!!! We’re not even that close, ____. Guess more.” I became impatient.

“I don’t really know, AJ. You’re not that close with girls.” she said while stuffing a whole cookie on . I chuckled.

“We’re close.” I said after I laughed.

“Yeah we are.” She said then stuffed another one. I was waiting for her to choke as she would slowly realize that she’s the one I’m describing. But no, she didn’t even notice. *Sigh* I’m giving up for now.

Your point of view

The hell with that! I wanna know the girl already. Tsk. So annoying.

I got tired so AJ took me home. It was already dark. Since he left his motorcycle in front of my house, we walked under the shiny moonlight.

“I’m sorry I didn’t notice that it was already 7 in the evening. Won’t your auntie get mad?” AJ worriedly said.

“There’s no way she’ll get mad! I’m a grown up already. So, it’s my own responsibility to take care of myself.” I said.

“Then, we should stay late next time.” he looked at me.

“I’ll try.” I laughed. “So I guess I’ll see you next week at school. Bye, AJ.” I turned my back and he suddenly grabbed my wrist.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Uhm, I was wondering if I already told you one of my stories?” he asked.

“Not yet. Tell me!” I smiled excitedly. *still holding her hand, unknowingly*

“Okay, have I told you the part where the girl gave cookies to the boy?” he asked. I shook my head.

“The girl was good at anything. And one was baking. So she decided to bake some cookies for the boy. He is very special to her and she was wondering how the guy would react if he’ll receive the cookies .The day when she gave him the cookies, it made him like her more. So, one night when the boy walked the girl home, he said something.”

“What was it?” I was very interested with his stories.

“First, I want you to imagine that I’m that boy and you’re that girl.” He said and I nodded.

“’You never fail to amaze me with your charm. I dunno if it’s some kind of your spell that’s making me weak and fall so freely for you.’ The girl was motionless, unable to speak. She guessed that she was also falling for him.”

“’You’ve fallen for me?’ the girl clarified to him. Then the boy walked towards her; like this.” AJ walked to me and I could feel the heat of his body generating a warm and relaxing feeling on mine.

“Then what?” I asked him. He put his finger on my lips. Then, he smiled seductively.

“’You’re making me want you; night and day. Please be mine.’ The boy said to the girl.” He continued.

Actually, I’m not really sure if he’s still telling me a story cause from the way he’s speaking, it’s like he’s talking to my soul.

“’I hope you won’t get mad if I do… something.’”

“What was that something?” I couldn’t wait for the ending.

AJ leaned down to me and reached for my cheek. He pressed his warm lips there and let it rest for a moment. My heart- that was beating very fast before he kissed me- stopped. And I couldn’t move a bit. My whole body froze.

Snap out of it, ____! He’s just narrating you a story! With a bit of acting. But it seemed like it was true; or even a reality. He really went overboard with his story. Finally, he broke the sweet kiss and faced me.

“What do you think of the story?” he asked me, smiling like that kiss was just nothing.

“It was… uhh, okay. Very realistic, AJ.” I chuckled nervously. He smiled and his palm patted my head. “You know, you should go now. It’s getting dark.” I pushed him away gently.

“Okay, ma’am. You should rest too.” He left me a smile that I’ll never forget for the rest of the night. He drove away leaving a heart-shaped smoke from the carburetor of the motorcycle.

My heart was throbbing for him. I guess he’s the one.

AJ’s point of view

My heart was throbbing for her. I guess she’s the one.