chapter 9

Beastly Love

 

 

Weeks had passed and I already forgot the things that happened to me. I put it all behind me. I was walking home alone since AJ went home ahead. Every afternoon, I go to the hill then to the orphanage. On my way there, I could already hear the kids’ laughter. As I went in, they greeted me and went inside for study. Outside, I met Minjoo and Minhyuk holding their guitars.

“Hey guys.” I said.

“Unnie! We made a beautiful composition! Wanna hear it?” Minjoo asked me.

“Not yet, Minjoo! It’s not yet done.” Minhyuk opposed.

“Well, why don’t you finish it first? But I’m looking forward hearing it.” I smiled.

“Rest assured noona. You and hyung will be our audiences.” Minhyuk said.

“Hyung?” I asked. Then I heard a car screeched in front of the house.

“There he is!!” Minhyuk pointed and ran to him. The guy went out the black car. Removing his shades, I gasped loudly.

“Doojoon??!!!” I exclaimed. I was surprised that he has some connections with the kids at the orphanage. His attitude in school doesn’t fit in with the attitude he has for the kids.

“You know him? He was the one who gave Minhyuk the guitar.” Minjoo said. I ignored her and instead I was thinking how to escape.

“Uhh… uhm, Minjoo, you assist the guest and I’ll be inside with the kids.” Then I ran inside and tripped at the stair; causing my knee to bleed. I’m such a babo. I locked the main door and hid behind it. I peeked at the curtains and could see Minhyuk and Doojoon so close with each other.

“Have you met noona…?” Minhyuk spoke but I wasn’t there. “Where’s noona?”

“She went inside.” Minjoo simply said and walked away strumming at her guitar.

“Well, just help yourself there hyung.” Minhyuk caught up to his friend.

“Sir, I’ll take those goods inside.” A helper grabbed the plastic bags from him. He smiled and walked to the main door. He knocked gently but I ignored it. I peeked again; damn this guy. He’s way cool!! But I don’t like his attitude at all. I looked at my bleeding knee. Tsk. Such a bad luck. And my skirt’s too short. If I expose this, then germs will go to my wound. I have to clean this. I peeked outside and the faucet was near the gate. I noticed that Doojoon disappeared so I went out silently.

Narrator:

“So she’s a donor here.” Doojoon muttered silently outside the gate. “What is she doing?”

“This is Doojoon’s fault. If he didn’t showed up, I won’t be rushing inside and trip. Tsk.” ____ complained while cleaning her bloody wound. She went inside again and left the door open.

“I’d better make a coffee to calm myself down.” She said to herself while listening to the kids singing inside their little classroom. Then Doojoon crept inside and knocked on the door.

“Come in.” ____ answered while pouring a hot water on her mug.

“Can I have some coffee too?” Doojoon said making his voice a bit deeper.

“Sure, take a seat.” She said. ‘It must be the ahjussi at my neighborhood.’ ____ thought.

“Do you want milk for your coffee?” she asked.

“No. just plain black coffee for me.” he answered.

____ was done and was holding the mug to give it to him. As soon as she saw Doojoon, - with a handsome look; shades, cap and black clothes- she accidentally dropped the mug, spilling the hot coffee on the ground.

“Hey! Why’d you dropped it?!” he got mad walking near her. She felt the hot liquid splatter on her legs. First, wound then hot coffee. But she was motionless as if she didn’t felt anything. She was more surprised with Doojoon.

“Ya! Gwenchana?” he was shaking her.

“Ouch!!” she exclaimed. *late reaction* “Sh*t!!” she bent down to take a look at it; then slowly collecting the asunder mug.

“Don’t touch them! You might get hurt!” Doojoon grabbed her hand.

“Let me go! Actually, you’re the one who caused me this. This wound, this accident!” she yelled.

“Wow. Now look who’s complaining. Whose fault is it that you’re so clumsy? Huh?” he retorted.

“Whose fault you showed up?” she was so mad, even though it was her fault for being clumsy. He stood up.

“Hey, I’m a donor here. And I was just asking for coffee.” He said. ____ rose.

“Well, I’m a volunteer here. I have the right to get mad!!” the two paused for awhile when Sujung, the 5 year-old orphan was between them, listening.

“Unnie, oppa, why are you two having a lovers’ quarrel?” she asked, confused. ____ bent down to her.

“Sujung, it’s not what you think it is. I was just telling him about my job here, with a succinct voice so that he’ll understand well.” ____ said.

“Succinct? I dunno what that means. But what I do know is you’re having a lovers’ quarrel.” The girl answered. ____ sighed deeply.

“You’re right Sujung. Oppa and unnie are just having a little misunderstanding.” Doojoon smiled at her. ____ walked out and grabbed her bike going out the gates. Doojoon caught up to her.