chapter 4

Beastly Love

 

 

“ME” – MORTAL ENEMY

“Hmm, okay. Let’s see. There’s Yong Jun Hyung! See with a lot of girls around him? He’s a major playboy and the right hand of Doo Joon.”
“What do you mean by that?” I asked.
“Every week, he has different girlfriends. And each of them is so rich and beautiful and y. He’s like the vice president of the group.”
“Wow, he is major.”

“That one over there. See that guy with a flower? That’s Jang Hyun Seung. His flowers are his girlfriends. It’ll be a miracle if he talks to you. That means he likes you or he wants to know you better.” She looked around. “And… Son Dong Woon. Gosh! Such a cutie but he’s serious and silent all the time. He’s irritated with girls who keep on screaming when they arrive at school. So he chose to keep silent and focus on what he’s reading.”
“What is he reading?” I asked
“The Little Prince.”
“Oh.” We continued to walk, heading to our classroom.

“Tell me about Yoon Doo Joon.” I said to Soo Young.

“That’s an easy request. I know a lot about him so I’ll tell you. Doo Joon is a very stubborn guy, but is good with kids. Every word that comes out from his mouth, he will make it come true; no matter how hard it is to accept. He’s not a playboy anymore and he’s fond of making girls as his slaves.”

“Slaves? In what way?”
“His personal assistant. Oh how I wish I could be his slave so that I can stick with him at all times.”
“Did he have slaves before?” I asked.
“Yes. Only once or twice. He chooses them himself. He chooses the girls who are sooo obsessed with him. But I swear you don’t want him to be your master. His previous slave had told me she just wanted to die that moment.”

I gasped.

“Why, what did he do to her?”
“Make her clean the whole house.” Sooyoung simply said.
“That’s it?! Cleaning the whole house is the simplest work you could do!!” I exclaimed.
“Duh?! ____, she’s a brat. Brats like her don’t do those kinds of work.”

“Well, I guess. It’s easy for me cause I lived my whole life cleaning my own house.”
“You yourself? I can’t imagine.” She said.
“I forgot you’re not like me.”
“No worries. I understand you.” Sooyoung smiled.

“If ever—if ever I become a slave of him, I will make him clean his own house!” I said in her face while she kept on laughing. Then I bumped on someone. I looked at him and he didn’t even budge.

“Sorry?” I said in a soft voice. Sooyoung tugged on my arm.
“Doo Joon.” She pointed. I gasped again and looked at him.

“Mianhe!! I’m so sorry! It’s my fault sir!! Please don’t make me your slave!!!” I blurted out.
“Huh. Who wants you to be their slave?” he spoke in his deep voice. “I think you’re the only girl here I’ll never date.”

I saw Sooyoung shook her head.

“I might date your friend over here, in change of you; be expelled.” He spoke again. I was taken aback and my anger rushed all over my body. It felt like my blood boiled to its highest level.

“And who said I wanted to date you?! Huh?! You stubborn guy! Yeah, I might even get myself expelled so that I can get the hell out of your hideous face!!!” I yelled. A lot of students looked at us. The Doo Joon guy eyed them and they scattered at once.

“You’ve got guts, lady.” He leaned down on me. His face was inches from mine.
“Don’t you call me lady!” I yelled in his face again.
“Then what should I call you? Slave?” he whispered to my ear. Making a hiss on the ‘S’ word. Omo! Is he planning to make me his slave?! No way!!

“I have a name you dumb!” I yelled again. I was never good with curses but anyway, I had to make this guy’s life kinda miserable.
“Care to tell me your name?”
“No way!! Sooyoung, let’s go.” I pulled my new friend away from him and headed to our classroom.

“____, don’t you know what consequences you’ll have to face for doing that?” Sooyoung asked.
“I don’t care! I don’t care if he’s rich, he just can’t expel me! Didn’t you said, every thing he wants, he gets.”
“You got it all wrong.”

“Anyway, it’s the same. Please don’t tell anyone about this. Especially AJ.”

“If I’m not mistaken, AJ is a member of his group. So of course he’ll tell all of them” Sooyoung said. Shoot! I’ll be expelled for sure.

We arrived at the classroom, where the students were very noisy. AJ saw me and called me.

“Sit with me.” he said. The desks in the classroom can occupy two students. Some of my classmates stared at me as I sat beside him. I laid my head on the desk as if I was sleepy. AJ patted my head like a puppy but it misunderstood to some girls. As if I was making myself home to him. But the truth was I wanted to cry after I yelled my feelings out. AJ just flashed me a sunny smile which calmed me.

The teacher arrived. All students stood up and greeted.

“There are few new students here.” The teacher said as we sat down again. “Choi ____, please step forward.”

He called me. I went forward with confidence and looked at my classmates one by one. Some of them were whispering; maybe because of what they saw earlier. I suddenly noticed a familiar face. Omo! Yoon Doo Joon! He’s my classmate! I wanted to get out of the room, but my feet were preventing me to the ground. I was melting. He raised me an eyebrow and smirked. I wanted to punch him.

“I’m Choi ____. Nice meeting you all.” I said while bowing. My long, curly hair flowing through my neck then someone called out.

“Is Lee Gi Kwang your boyfriend?”

I opened my mouth to protest but AJ spoke. My heart was beating fast.

“What if she is?” AJ chuckled. It seemed to be a joke to me but for sure, a lot of girls would start to put grudge on me. Afterwards, I spent the entire hour with Doojoon looking at me. But I was staring at AJ who kept on singing me lovely songs. The song was about a guy falling for a girl when he saw her bowing in front of the crowd with her long curly hair flowing from her neck. Love at first sight, I guess. What AJ sees, turn to lovely songs.