chapter 15

Beastly Love

 

Chapter 15

HE’S NOT A

The Swimming Nationals was held in our school. Doojoon and I are the representatives and everyone was expecting a trophy. There were 3 schools competing with us and they looked so well-trained. Anyway, it was just a simple competition. No big deal.

Doojoon and I were sitting in one of the bleachers. I couldn’t stop my shaking feet. This was my first time to compete with outsiders. While Doojoon was beside me like he was just another audience who will witness my performance. Totally out of the world.

“The competition will begin in a moment. All contestants for the first round are requested to stay at the opposite side of the pool.” The coach said. Doojoon will be the first one to compete. He left quietly without saying anything. I wasn’t able to greet him good luck.

The first round started. Most of his opponents were girls. It’s a big chance that Doojoon will win for the girls will lose focus and get distracted.

As expected from Doojoon, he won. The pool area was booming with cheering and yells. I was worried that no one might cheer for me.

“Next competitors please.” The coach said. From afar, I heard Sooyoung yelling for my name. I don’t care if there is no cheering for me. As long as Sooyoung’s presence is there, I’m satisfied. AJ and Yoseob was with her; giving me moral support. Dongwoon, Hyunseung and Junhyung were sitting beside them. One was, reading a book. The other one was, talking with his flower and the other one was surrounded with his girls.

I stood in front of the pool. Doojoon was coming up from the water; showing me his wet packs. Whew! My sweat was running down on my back.

“Good luck.” he simply said touching my shoulder. My whole body froze. I distracted myself by making some exercises before getting in the water.

Narrator:

Her exercises include stretching and bending. But she didn’t realize that she was surrounded by her opponents. And most of them were boys who enjoyed watching her and admiring her skin as well as her hourglass figure. Doojoon, who was about to relax on the bleacher from the opposite side, had seen the guys who were looking at her. He suddenly had an adrenaline rush and immediately ran to them.

“You low-life erts!!!” he yelled and he began to beat them up to death. ____ was shocked and she tried to stop him. The coach went to them and tried to cease the fight. Then the crowd was alarmed.

“Didn’t your school taught you manners and respect???!! Huh?! You’re a disgrace to people here!!” he continued until the 3 guys were unable to speak.

“Doojoon! Calm down!!! Stop it!” ____ was still trying to stop him. The rest of the Beast went down and tried to stop him. Sooyoung wrapped a towel around ____.

“Mr. Yoon! Stop it or else you’ll be disqualified!” the coach yelled. Doojoon stopped. He removed his bloody fist from the guy’s face. The blood was dripping from his fist. He was panting very hard.

“You… idiot!” the victim tried to speak. Doojoon threatened him once more but ____ used her full force to stop him.

“Doojoon, you babo!” she yelled. Doojoon was suddenly angry of her. He wanted to punch her hard but he controlled himself for he couldn’t hurt the girl he liked. (he was keeping this secret since he first talked to her) His fist was shaking very hard. Instead, he grabbed her hand tightly and walked away.

“No one will follow.” He said with a stern voice.

“Doojoon, you’re hurting my hand.” She whined. AJ wanted to seize her away from him. But Yoseob stopped him.

“No, Gi Kwang. You know how he is when someone disobeys him.”

Boys’ locker room; your point of view

He let me go from his clutch. My wrist had red markings of his fingers.

“Ouch.” I whined softly.

Doojoon grabbed a shirt from his locker and wore it. Then he faced me with an angry face.

“ What were you thinking?” he asked in a stern voice. “Huh?! Aren’t you aware of the erts at your back?”

“I didn’t know they were erts.” I simply said wanting him to get mad.

“Are you dumb? Don’t you know who those people are?!” he yelled closely in my face. “Those guys had touched a lot of girls before; until now. Do you want to be next?” he sighed desperately.

“I didn’t… really know.” I began to realize what he meant. He doesn’t want me to be their next victim.

“I couldn’t stand seeing them enjoying your… body.” He spoke with his jaw clenched. He was shaking.

“Doojoon, I’m sorry.” I said in a low voice. He didn’t respond.

“Be careful next time.” He was about to leave when I stopped him.

“Thanks.” I simply said, then let go of his arm. His palm went to my back and placed it there. As if he wanted to start a hug. But he hesitated and walked away.

The guys from the other school were disqualified in the competition. I continued the game and brought victory to our school. When everyone witnessed my performance, they all cheered like I was popular in that school. Even my opponents were amazed with me and they congratulated me after the competition.

AJ brought me up from the pool himself and hugged me tightly. He was very happy for me. Not for representing our school but he was naturally proud for me. Sooyoung cried in happiness. Yoseob also gave me a big hug while spinning me around. All of them were happy for me, except one. Doojoon.

He was nowhere in sight. I couldn’t find him since the whole student body was crowding me. He should be with me right now. But somehow, I knew he was proud of me too.