chapter 21

Beastly Love

Chapter 21

“I heard.” He simply said.

“The what?” I asked, acting dumb.

“Don’t be such a babo!”

“But I am.” It’s so fun making him mad.

“Where have you two been?!”

“Uhm, mountains?”

“Don’t lie, ____! Where?!” he yelled.

“I said mountains!” I yelled back. “Didn’t you hear me? Sheesh!”

“Stay away from that guy!”

“And why? I want to be with him than you.” I said. He walked forward to me.

“He can’t do anything to help you when you’re in need! It’s his fault he didn’t make sure you got home safely!”

“Anio! It was mine. I told him to go home ahead. And don’t you blame AJ! He’s much kinder than you are! And if I’m with you, I get into trouble! I don’t wanna be with you every second of my life!”

Then I ran away. But I wasn’t mad at him. I just don’t know how to say it properly. But it’s better if I sounded mad so that he’ll think that I don’t wanna see him anymore. But I kinda regretted what I said. He saved me which almost cost his life. Uggh! I shouldn’t be rude to him.

I went to a shop where they sell accessories for gadgets. I decided to buy earphones for my new iPod. AJ must’ve forgotten to give me one.

“Unnie, how much is it?” I asked.

“Just a hundred won.” She replied and chose a new one for me. Then, rain began pouring down. The rain was like yesterday; hard and gloomy.

“Oops, unnie just pick up something and I should leave. It’s raining.” I said.

“Oh, okay. It has three days warranty. Come back if something’s wrong.” She smiled. I nodded and headed out unfolding my umbrella.

Since its raining, there are no cars driving down the road. It was very clear but I have to face the thick sheets of rain. I tried my new earphones and listened to AJ’s iPod to keep myself distracted.

Narrator:

Doojoon and Junhyung went home together.

“She’s mad. She’s mad at me!” Doojoon exclaimed as he sat on the soft seat of the limo beside Junhyung. He scratched his brownish hair in annoyance.

“What’s up hyung? Why are you acting like that? Who’s mad at you? No girl has ever been mad at you.” Junhyung said.

“There is! And she just walked out of my life like a gale.” He said sadly.

“Oh, is it the girl you slept with yesterday? Can you tell me what happened last night?” he smiled and pinned his body near Doojoon.

“Go away! Nothing happened.” He said, shoving him away.

“Oh. So that’s why you’re mad.”

“Anio! It’s something else I don’t wanna share. Especially to you.”

“Ya, that’s rude.” He pouted.

Doojoon looked outside, looking at the pouring rain. She’s like a rain. He thought to himself. She’s gloomy and mad. What should I do to make it up to her? I can’t stand her being mad at me.

Just then, she saw her under the rain walking with her umbrella.

“____!!! Ya, stop the car!” he ordered and the car skidded into a stop.

“Hyung! Where’re you goin’?!” Junhyung asked but Doojoon was already out, drenched with water. He ran after her.

“____!!! Hey! Look here!” he yelled loudly through the rain but she didn’t heard him.

“____, I’m sorry!” he suddenly said. But he was ignored.

 

Meanwhile…

____ tried to fix the earphone. She realized that it was not durable.

“Aish! I’ve been tricked!” she muttered as she was pulling it away from her ear then putting it back again as the sound was tuning up then tuning down. She could hear shouting.

I wonder who’s calling my name. She thought. Nah, just my stomach.

 

Doojoon was put of breath from shouting. Still she never heard her.

“I’m sorry! I’ll never bother you again! You can be with your AJ if you want to! Just forgive me… PLEASE!!!” he yelled and ____ stopped from walking.

“Finally.” He muttered.

 

“Ah, this one goes here, and the other one goes there. I got it!” she rejoiced softly as she successfully fixed the earphones. Standing in the middle of the street was more fun than arguing with Doojoon.

But why do I keep hearing things? She thought. Then she walked again.

 

“____! Please stop! Aish…” Doojoon ran after her again. Then he caught up to her and pulled her arm. Her umbrella fell on the ground and she put on a confused face. She was surprised to see him wet and shivering from the rain.

“D-Doojoon? What are you doing?” she asked him.

“Didn’t you hear what I said?” he asked with his teeth chattering.

“You said something?” she asked.

“Aish!!! Why do I still keep myself being with you?!” he looked up the gloomy sky and yelled. “I was just doing the right thing!”

“Gwenchana? Ya, why are you acting like that?” she asked. She was also wet now.

“Weren’t you listening?” he asked looking at her.

“Anio. I didn’t know you were there. What is it you wanna say?”

Before he could speak, slowly, he knelt down before her and had his hands on the ground. He groaned in pain when the rain landed on his wounded back.

“Doojoon, get off from there! Ya, don’t kneel before me!” she insisted him to stand. But he won’t budge. It’s very awkward for a guy to kneel down before a girl. Unless if he’s going to propose to him or if she’s something in higher position than him.

You’re the first girl I ever respected in my whole life. He thought. I may not show it to you physically, but mentally, and spiritually, I respect you with all my heart. I’ll never disrespect someone like you, someone who changed my outlook in life. I could never play with your heart and never will. Just give me a chance to redeem my mistakes.

____ squatted in front of him. She grabbed her umbrella and held it higher so the two of them were shaded under it. Doojoon looked at her with surprised eyes. She smiled.

“You’ll get sick.” She simply said and reached for his face. He slowly wiped the sweat that was messing up his gorgeous face. “You know, I heard what you said.” she smiled even more.

“Bwoh?!” he exclaimed. Maybe he didn’t realized that he was actually saying it.

“Don’t worry. That was a good speech.” She laughed. “And I like it.”

His face smoothed and smiled. “Thanks.”

“Tell me what’s bothering you.” She said.

“I want you to be with me all the time. Cause with me, you’ll be safe and you’ll be under my great love.”

“What?” she grinned. Doojoon bit his lips. He must’ve slipped.

“Just ignore that one. Anyway, you’ll need me if you’re in danger. I’ll save you in whatever trouble you’re in!” he held her hand tightly. “And oppa will rescue you.”

“Oppa?!” she laughed. “Doojoon, what you’re asking from me is very hard to do. I need to decide for myself. Doojoon, how can I accept the challenges of life if I always rely myself on you? I can save myself. If they wanted to kill me, then go. I don’t care. That’s my fate. But thankfully you were there that time. BUT, I cannot always ask help from you. Don’t control my life. My life controls me. I control it. Araso? Now if you want to be with me, be my guest.”

Doojoon slowly realized that she was right.