chapter 22

Beastly Love

Chapter 22          

“Sorry. Sorry for controlling your life.” He said.

“You don’t have to be sorry. I don’t hate you, right?”

“But you dislike me.” he pouted.

“Anio! I liked you ever since I met you.” She smiled. Doojoon’s lips spread across his face as he heard her say that. He hugged her tightly; kissing her hair and smelling her sweet scent. He wanted to say the 3 words and 8 letters but when he saw AJ under a waiting shed-staring at them- he stopped. Then, AJ just… smiled. A sunny smile. Doojoon understood that it was okay with him so he continued to hug her tight.

“Ya, we’re very wet now. Kaja.” She said standing up, reaching for Doojoon’s hand. She held it and shared the umbrella with him. When she turned around, she saw AJ and ran to him. *still holding his hand and never letting it slip from hers*

 “AJ!” She exclaimed. She put her umbrella down and gave him a squeeze. Doojoon kept staring at their hands like it was glued together.

Your point of view

“Oh wow. You’re together.” AJ welcomed me with an inviting hug.

“Yeah. And for once, we’re not fighting.” I said. AJ noticed our hands and I suddenly pulled it away from him. The two of them gave me a surprised expression.

“Anyway, I was looking for you cause I forgot to give you these.” AJ said handing me the earphones.

“Oh, thanks AJ.” I said.

“So, are you two okay now?” AJ asked.

“Yep! We’re friends again.” I said. Doojoon looked at me like he was asking “Friends??”

“I should be going now.” I added; and grabbed my umbrella.

“I’ll take you home.” the two of them said together. I smiled and shook my head.

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me.” then, I left them at the waiting shed.

When I got home, I received a phone call.

“Yabosaeyo?” I answered.

“Is there a Choi ____ there?” a lady’s voice rang in my ears.

“Neh. This is she.” I answered. Then suddenly, she burst into loud but controlled sobs.

“Ya, gwenchana?” I asked.

“Uhm, sorry. Anyway, this is your mom calling. I’ve been looking for a way how to contact you…” her voice faded as my thoughts went far.

Her voice was the same as mine. My mind was blurred and for seconds, I couldn’t think what I should say to her. My mom. She found me at last!

“Omma?” I was a bit shy how I should say it.

“It’s so good to hear!” she laughed. It was like hearing my own laughter. “____-ah, me and your dad want you to come after us here in Canada; only if you want to. We want to see you badly. He’s been so desperate these days.”

“Sure, omma. I’ll go.” I didn’t hesitated the offer. This is my dream come true! Why refuse it?

School

Narrator:

It was lunch time when AJ gathered her Beast guys around the table where they usually seat and hang out.

“I have something to tell you.” He was smiling. Dongwoon was reading his fave book but he was all ears. Hyunseung was muttering happily to his flower. Yoseob can’t keep his smile away since he was excited for the announcement. Doojoon was sitting beside him; his long arm around Yoseob’s shoulder. Junhyung was flirting with girls on the other table.

“I’ll be studying in Canada next year and I’ll be leaving in three days.” AJ said and he almost squealed. The 5 boys were no comment at first. Doojoon’s hand fell from Yoseob’s shoulder. Yoseob frowned and the three guys looked at AJ.

“What did you say?” Doojoon asked. “You’re leaving the group?!”

“Anio! Not forever!” he protested.

“NO!!! You can’t leave Beast!” Yoseob cried loudly. 

“You’re joking.” Dongwoon said and continued reading as if AJ was really joking.

“My love doesn’t agree!” Hyunseung put on a worried face. (referring to his flower)

“Yo, man. Don’t do this.” Junhyung kept it cool.

“Guys, I’m not leaving the group! I’m leaving Korea and continue my studies in Canada. Get it?” AJ explained.

“It’s still different without you here!” Yoseob banged his fist on the table. Then, ____ and Sooyoung noticed them.

“Hey, guys!” ____ waved and Sooyoung smiled. She sat between Yoseob and Dongwoon. “Got something to tell you.” ____ smiled.

“AJ, remember my parents? Didn’t you want me to see them again?” she asked. AJ nodded.

“Yoseob, you wanna meet my parents right?” he nodded obediently. She smiled and yelled.

“I’m leaving for Canada!”She rejoiced alone as she realized her friends were motionless.

“Not you too!” Yoseob yelled.

“What??!! You’re leaving me?!” Sooyoung reached for her hand as if begging to forgive her.

Then everyone was in commotion. Asking her not to leave.

“YA! Leave her!” Doojoon yelled. “She wants to reunite with her family. Why are you stopping her?” everyone fell silent.

“Even though it hurts, I should endure.” Doojoon clutched his chest and acted as if crying.

“So, if you’re leaving then let’s leave together.” AJ said.

“You’re going to Canada?”

“Ye.”

“My parents found me and asked me to go there and be with them.” she explained.

And that was that. No one can stop them.