chapter 16

Beastly Love

Chapter 16

BAD STIPULATION

Doojoon was absent for a few days. I wanted to visit him but I was too shy to ask someone where he lives. Everyone in school knows that the two of us are not in good terms or not in good stipulation.

“____, can you bake those cookies again?” AJ asked me while sitting in class. AJ loves my cookies since the chef had told us to give it to the people that are special to us. It was actually Yoseob’s original recipe.

“Sure.” I replied.

*flashback*

Since AJ and I had different classes, I decided to leave the box of cookies in his desk.

AJ went in the room with the rest of the Beast boys. Then he found the box and opened them.

“Cookies!” he exclaimed. He began munching some while sharing it to his friends. Yoseob was just looking at them, enjoying. He sat on his chair, looking gloomy.

“Yoseob, eat some.” Doojoon was smiling. “Ya, you’re not cute anymore.”

“Mmm! These are the delicious cookies I ever tasted!” Junhyung said while stuffing a lot of cookies in his mouth.

“Junhyung-hyung, don’t be such a hog!” Dongwoon was grabbing his hand away from the box.

“Yeah. Leave some for us (he and flower).” Hyunseung calmly said.

“Here, Yoseob. Let’s just split this cookie in half.” AJ offered him. Yoseob ate a little since he was feeling down because he was expecting that ____ would give her the cookies.

“Gi Kwang-ah, did you bake these?” Junhyung asked with cookies stuffed in his mouth.

“Actually, ____ and I baked them.” Yoseob answered him. The 5 guys stared at him.

“No doubt.” Doojoon said.

“I like it.” AJ smiled with his eyes curving down.

Somehow, Yoseob knew that AJ liked them because ____ gave him the cookies instead to him.

*present*

The next day, Doojoon was in school again. He doesn’t look sick but rather not in good mood. That day, we had a Chemistry class. Doojoon and I were lab partners. The only class we’re together.

“Hey Doojoon.” I spoke as I approached our table. His head was lying there while I was arranging our tools.

“Congratulations for winning the competition.” I said trying to cheer him up.

“Mmm.” He mumbled.

“Gwenchana?” I worriedly asked.

“Mmm.” I don’t even know if it’s a yes or a no.

“What was that?” I asked again.

“Mmm.”

I sighed.

“Do you know anything about our previous lessons?”

“Mmm.” *sigh*

“Are you sure?”

“Mmm.”

“Were you sick?”

“Mmm.”

It’s so good making fun of him. ^^

“I have something to tell you… oppa.” I made a pop on my ‘pa’. ^^

He suddenly straightened up and stared at me with his sleepy, gorgeous eyes.

“What’s it?” he asked.

“Good, you’re up.” I said clasping my hands. “I actually wanted to ask you about our homework.” I flipped my book to our homework.

Then he went back being lazy again.

“Fine! I’ll tell you something serious.” I laughed while bringing him back to his seat.

“What?!” he asked irritated.

“Thank you so much for last time. If it weren’t for you, I would be dead for sure.” I smiled at him. Then, his lips slowly curved up, but he hesitated to continue. He hid his smile while turning his back to me. He never showed me his smile before and I wanted to see it.

“Hey, I can sense someone’s smiling! Ya, lemme see that!!” I was grasping his arm so that he could face me. But he didn’t want to. I forced him until he got irritated.

“Fine.” I turned my back on him. I admit I was kinda disappointed because he didn’t want to face me. So I just let him be.

Doojoon’s point of view

I ignored her. I don’t wanna show my affection to her. She’d think we’re close or something; which is not. On the second thought, she wanted to see the real me. It’s just a smile, what’s the big deal? I turned to her and smiled. But she wasn’t looking. She was listening to the teacher explaining all about chemistry.

-- I swear we don’t have any chemistry no matter how you look at it. She dislikes me and I reject her in my life.--

That was the other side of my mind was saying. The truth is I really like her. I dunno why. It all started when we met at the orphanage. Her words wanted to change me. Little by little, halo’s beginning to grow above my head. Why am I like this? Am I in love with her already?

“Here’s your book, Doojoon.” She said without looking at me. I think she doesn’t want to see me irritated at her. I frowned. The bell rang when she was about to leave. I wanted to stop her but my hand was frozen into ice. I couldn’t move it. My heart was telling me to say sorry to her but my mind was stopping me that’s why I can’t move. Something’s wrong with me. It’s all her fault; it’s her fault why I like her.

I went out, trying to follow her. But I saw her with Gi Kwang. He gave her a cheerful smile which she liked. She smiled at him like she was saying ‘I love you, AJ’.

Arrgh! Something’s wrong with me!! Why isn’t she smiling when we’re together? Why is she smiling whenever she’s with Gi Kwang? I want to see her smiling at me, even for just a second.

____-ah, I like you. Please smile for me.

I decided to go home ahead. But as I went out from the gates, I saw the two of them exchanging stories, laughing, walking together, happy. When will I be able to be with her without starting a fight? I’m hopeless.