chaper 3

Beastly Love

 

 

Next week

“Ahjumma, I’ll leave now!” I said to her as I put on my uniform well.

“Oh. Good luck for today. And come home early.” She said while helping me. I’ve been with her for 4 years now. My parents left me for work but no matter how I try to reach them, I can’t. I don’t even have news about them. Then this ahjumma took care of me since.

“Ye, ahjumma. When I come back, I’ll bring you a snack.” I hugged her goodbye then went out the gate where my bicycle was waiting for me.

I mounted on my bike and noticed that my skirt was too short. So every time I pedal, a lot of boys – or even girls and a lot of people would turn their heads. Tsk. What bad luck. I brought my jogging pants – which is actually for gym class – and wore it only for going to school.

What a relief. I arrived at the school and not many students ride bicycles in school. A lot of them ride in expensive cars. Approximately, there are 3 bikes on a vacant lot. So I guess there are 4 of us who are not really rich here. But I was wondering why their bicycles look very expensive. *sigh* After all, they are rich kids.

As I was securing my bike, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned my back and AJ was smiling at me.

“I was right!!” he chuckled.

“AJ! You study here?” I exclaimed.

“Ye. I didn’t know I’d see you here.”

“I’m glad you’re here.”

“Really? May I ask why?” he was still smiling.

“Hmm, cause I don’t have friends here; except you. And I’m quite surprise that students here ride bike to school. After all, they’re rich kids. Am I right?” I asked.

“Yes. You’re right detective. But these kids go in groups and they have body guards around them.” he simply said.

“Rich bastard kids.” I muttered and turned to him. “What’s the purpose of riding on the high way if they have body guards? “

“That’s what they are.”

“What do you ride?”

“Uhm, motorcycle.” He turned to his vehicle parked under a tree.

“Wow. It looks very expensive.” I said.

“What is it with you with vehicles? The important thing is you can go to school and study. I envy you, you know.” he said.

“Huh. How come?”

“You go to school with a bike. I never rode it before.” He said eyeing my bicycle.

“Wanna try?” I asked. He shook his head.

“C’mon, bell’s gonna ring in any minute.” We walked to the hallway when someone called.

“Gi Kwang!!!!” what a voice! Is there an elementary student here? I saw AJ closed his eyes as if he doesn’t want to hear it.

“Yoseob, I told you last night not to call me that!” he turned his head to the guy.

“Sorry.” He pouted.

“____ might get confused if you continue to say it.”

“Eh? Who is she?” the guy named Yoseob asked.

“She’s ____. I met her last week.” AJ smiled.

“Oh hi! Nice to meet you.” He grabbed my hand and shook it gently. Then he pulled me towards him.

“Are you good in cooking?” he suddenly asked.

“Not really.” I answered.

“You smell like cookies.” He sniffed. “You’re sweet”

“Food freak. Don’t mind him.” AJ said.

“Oh look! There’s Dong Woon! Let’s go ‘AJ’!” Yoseob exaggerated.

“You go first. I’ll catch up.” He chuckled again.

“Dong Woon! Dong Woon!!” he yelled while running to him.

“Well, I should be checking out my locker. I’ll see you later!” I waved goodbye to him.

The students around here are sporty; if you’re rich or not, they don’t care. But I care. Ha! Found my locker. Locker #4038. What’s with that? I turned the lock many times but it won’t open. Then a beautiful girl banged on it twice and it opened.

“I had that locker last year.” She said with a smile.

“Oh, thanks. Wow, it’s clean.” I said when I opened it.

“Of course. I hate it when everything around me is dirty.” I just laughed.

“I’m ____.” I extended my arm and she shook it.

“My name’s Soo Young.(Snsd)” She smiled once again.

“Do you have friends around here?” I asked.

“Yeah, but this year I decided to stay away from them for awhile.”

“Why?”

“Uhh, I dunno. Just…”

“I understand.” I just smiled.

“Why not hang out with me? I swear we’ll have fun together!” she beamed.

“Sure! Why not?”

“Can I see you’re schedule?” I gave her my list of class schedules. Here in this school, you are free to choose your own schedule.

“Hmm, we’re almost in the same classes except Culinary Arts class and English class.”

“Nah, that’s okay.” We both laughed. Then someone blew on my ear which caused me to jump and made me nervous.

“Hello.” Yoseob smiled at me.

“Sheesh, Yoseob. You scared me.” I smiled shyly.

“Sorry. Anyway, I went here to ask you your class schedule.”

“Oh, uhh…” he grabbed the paper and stared at it long and hard.

“Yay!! We have the same class in Culinary Arts!! Thank you!” then he ran off. I looked at Soo Young; whose mouth was hanged open.

“Soo Young, gwenchana?” I asked.

“You’re talking to Yang Yoseob?” she asked.

“Yeah, is something wrong?”

“They’re like the most popular people here in school and it’s like a rule not to talk to them.”  She said.

“Why not?”

“You don’t know them.” then AJ appeared in front of us giving us a shock.

“Hey, are you done? Let’s go.” He said to me. I heard Soo Young gasp.

“Uhm, I’m not done yet.” I told him

“That’s Gi Kwang!!” Soo Young whispered to me. I nodded smiling.

“By the way, this is Soo Young” I said.

“Aah, yeah. I kinda remember her. *closing his eyes* in the… Dance Club last year! You were my back-up dancer. By the way, you were great.” he smiled. I could see her blushing.

“Th-thank you so much!” she exclaimed.

The bell rang
“Oh, hey I’ll go ahead. I’ll see you later.” He winked and then left
“I envy you.” Soo Young said
“Don’t be! Anyway, I’ll be hanging out with you more than them.”

“You’re right. But the one I’m crushing is Yoon Doo Joon. The leader.” She said.

Yoon? Kinda familiar.

“Really? Can you tell me about them?” I asked.