chapter 13

Beastly Love

Chapter 13

Your point of view

Finally, I did something right. I was so proud of myself. Yoseob went to me and congratulate me. All the girls did; even Kwon Sohyun. She is very beautiful and very attractive.

As everyone was taking a break, the coach went to me.

“I saw your background and you’re not like the other kids here.” He said.

“Yes, coach. I work in a restaurant to pay my tuition fee here.” I answered.

“Well, I dunno how you do that. You’re quite unbelievable but looking at you; trying your best, I believe you. And I’m here to help.”

“Thanks coach but I think I can do it without a faculty’s help.” I said politely.

“Then what about the school’s help?” I got interested. “I’m challenging you to beat Yoon Doojoon in swimming race right now. If you win, you will receive a scholarship for this year, even though it is quite late.”

“Sure! I accept your challenge!!!” I answered at once. This is my biggest chance! And all my savings will go to the orphanage! I’m sure they’ll be happy.

“Attention everyone! There will be a race for Yoon Doojoon and Choi ____ today.” The coach yelled.

“Wae?!” Doojoon exclaimed.

“Just do as I say!!!” the coach yelled again. The two of us settled in the platform.

“May the best swimmer win.” Doojoon smirked at me.

“I hope so.” I simply said. Then the coach blew on his whistle.

We both jumped in sync. But I jumped the farthest. That means, if I swim faster, there will be a possibility that I’ll win. Besides, earlier from his competition with Sooyoung, he got 11.4 seconds. I got 11.2 seconds! He was behind my time! Surely, I will win. I will win!

Through the water, I could see him a bit behind me. More like 5 inches away. So if swam faster than my usual using some moves I used while swimming in the sea. Finally, I was inches from the wall. Doojoon was way too far from me. Once I touch the wall, I’m the winner. I’ll get the scholarship and bring victory to us girls.

Omo! Something’s wrong! Damn it. Leg cramps.

Narrator:

____ sank. She tried to breath under water. She couldn’t easily come up. She drowned. AJ saw her unable to continue her race. Doojoon felt her submerged and immediately stopped. His finger was too close from touching to the wall, but he didn’t for he was distracted from ____. AJ leapt on the water to save her. But Doojoon did it first. That was the time AJ felt that Doojoon was competing with him; competing to save ____.

Doojoon was carrying her to a flat surface. AJ didn’t follow him. The whole class was crowding them.

“Lemme do it.” The coach said to Doojoon.

“No.” Doojoon checked her breathing then pumped her chest. ____ was still motionless. Then Doojoon inhaled. Crushing his lips to her, he transferred the air but ____ wasn’t able to recover. Doojoon had to do it again and again. AJ was wondering why Doojoon was worried so much since the two of them were mortal enemies.

____ recovered and some of the girls in class were traumatized. AJ went to her immediately, shoving Doojoon away, gently.

Your point of view

Water came out from my mouth. Did I drown? Who saved me? I don’t care whoever it is. The person I’d see first is understood that he/she saved me. The question is did I win?

I opened my eyes. The view was blurry but I tried to open them properly. Then I saw AJ in front of my face. He was holding my back for me to sit.

“____, gwenchana?!” Sooyoung went to me. Yoseob was behind her.

“You okay?” AJ asked me.

“Thanks.” I said while nodding my head. “Did I win?” I asked in a low voice, holding AJ’s arm for support.

“Well, you drowned.” AJ simply said. It was understood that I lost in the race. I ran to the girls’ locker room.

“____, where are you going?” Sooyoung wanted to follow me but Yoseob held her.

Locker room

I sat on the bench, frustrated. My scholarship was washed away before I even won. How can be the world so cruel??!

Someone came in.

“Sooyoung, I’m a failure.” I said.

“No you’re not.” The voice didn’t belong to her. It was AJ.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I know how you feel.” He said. “I mean, a lot of people experience it. You’re quite lucky.”

“Where exactly? I’m so unlucky!!”

“He did it to save you.” I looked at him, surprised.

“AJ, do you know what exactly I’m saying? I’m talking about my scholarship here!”

“What? Scholarship?”

“Yeah. The coach told me if I beat Doojoon in the race, he’ll give me a scholarship this year.”

“Now there’s no way I can help the orphans.” I sobbed and AJ rubbed my back.

“I’ll help them if you want.” He said but I shook my head. He gave me a hug which I really needed that time.

“____, the coach is…” I heard Sooyoung’s voice. She hesitated to speak when she saw me and AJ. “Sorry.” She said in a low voice then she disappeared.

I shove AJ away.

“I think I’ll go now.” I said, standing up. Walking out the door, AJ spoke.

“You’re going out in the campus like that?” he asked. I realized that I was still on my swimming suit. Wait, did he just hug me? Looking like that? I imagined his bare chest brushing with mine. *ticklish*^^

“Y-yeah, I’ll g-go change. S-see ya!” I was stammering a lot. “Actually, you should go. This is our locker room.” I said without looking at him. He passed by me chuckling.