BOY MEETS GIRL

Beastly Love

  Chapter 1

BOY MEETS GIRL

I didn’t know there is a place like these here in Seoul. Wow! It’s so great here. I’ve never been on a top of a hill before and now I know what it feels like. It feels like flying while you’re imagining. With all these views and wonderful people who are very friendly to me today. I hope my new schoolmates would be like them too. How I wish I’d meet someone who are willing to be friends to me. Here I am again; playing my guitar and composing a new song for the orphans who are staying at the village where I reside with an ahjumma who have been good to me.

That was the first paragraph that I wrote on my diary. I had never been a fan of diaries but at least, with it, I could have someone to share my feelings with. I don’t have any friends of my own. My only friends are the vendors at the market, the fishermen, the drivers and the landlady in the apartment I’m renting. But for this new school year, would I be able to make my own group of friends?

I was happily singing while playing my guitar when I felt a presence behind me.

“It’s beautiful.” A guy stood at my back with a guitar hanging in his back. “Your voice.”

“Uhm, thanks.” I replied shyly.

“So uh, are you composing a song?” he asked. I nodded.

“You’re good.” He smiled with a heart-breaking feeling. I smiled.

“Know what? I’m not here to offend you or anything but… this is my territory. I mean, I get to stay here all the time and I told someone to let people know that this place is prohibited. How’d you got here?” he asked.

“Oh. The ahjussi down at the village had told me that it is great up here. I was curious. He didn’t tell me anything about rules.” I defended.

“What else did he told you?” he asked.

“He told me I’ll meet someone up here.” I said and he just smiled.

“Is that so?” he was grinning. “How interesting. So I guess you ‘re meeting him now.”

“You’re the one?” I exclaimed. “Do you own this?”

“Anio.”

“Well then take a seat!” I stood up and offered him a seat beside me.

“I’m okay. Ladies first.” He said offering his hand. But I refused. I’ll never take or touch anything from a stranger. So I asked his name as we settled down below the tree.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

“Gi… AJ. A lot of people call me AJ.” He smiled again.

“Aah. Lemme guess, you used to live in America? Am I right?”

“Yep.” His eyes curved down as he smiled. “How ‘bout you? What’s your name?”

“Me? I’m ____.”

“Cute name; for a cute girl.” He said. And for the first time in my whole 19 years of existence, my heart began to beat fast and I began to blush so red.

“Uhm…” was al I could say. “So, where do you live?”

“Down at the village.”

“Good.” I said.

“Why?”

“I don’t really like hanging out with people on high positions. You know what I mean? I prefer someone in my own level. Simple, not rich but can afford.”

“You’re really weird.” He laughed.

“Thanks.” I said and he laughed more.

“I’ll help you compose a new song. What do you say?” he asked while placing his guitar on his lap. He began to strum a few notes which got me in goose bumps.

“Sure.” I just said. For 2 hours flat, we had composed a new song! It was about a guy meeting a girl on top of the hill. And soon, fell in love and got married in the end. I admit we made a good song.

“You’re a great composer! Look at what we’ve made!!” I said. But he just laughed out loud as if I said something funny.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked.

“You really don’t have any idea what the song was about, do you?” he asked still laughing.

“Well, the boy met the girl on top of the hill. Then they fell in love, got married and lived happily ever after. What’s funny with that?” I asked.

“Nevermind. You’ll understand once you keep on singing it alone.” He said.

“You’re weird.” I smiled and looked at my watch. “Omo! I should leave now.”

“Why?”

“I have an appointment with the orphans down at the village.” I said fixing my things.

“Really? How much do they pay you?” he asked.

“Why are you asking? I volunteer. So no pay for my hard work.”

“I thought you need money.”

“I work as an assistant of the chef in a restaurant. They pay good price so I don’t mind asking for more at the orphanage. It’s for a good cause.”

“You have a heart for children.” He smiled again.

“Huh. Why not try doing the same?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, it’s up to you. Anyway, I should really go. The kids are expecting me. Bye!” I waved goodbye to him.

“I’ll see you soon!”