Reminders

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man looked at the shiny disk in his hand. A disk containing just a small fraction of his fond memories of the last year. There were several others, but this one, he didn't mind delivering it to someone special.

It had barely been three days, but already, he was missing his Changmin so much that it hurt him. Every minute of the man's time was spent thinking about his love. His love would return to him, he'd make sure of it.

The man put the disk in an envelope, taking a pen and addressing it to his desired target. 

He let out a scoff.

If this didn't grab Changmin's attention, he'd just keep trying.

Keep trying until Changmin was his again.

Nothing would stop him.

Yunho had never experienced sleepwalking before. With the exception of embarassing stories from others he would hear, he had no idea what sleepwalking looked like.

After tonight, he realized sleepwalking wasn't as funny of a subject as he had always believed.

Yunho wasn't sure why he woke up; it was still the middle of the night, and the apartment had been deathly quiet.

But after staring at the ceiling for so long, Yunho released as aggravated sigh before slowly climbing out of bed.

Since he was up, he might as well get a snack.

He walked out of his room and entered the hallway, aiming for the kitchen. However, his steps were halted when he heard a noise coming from the bathroom.

Furrowing his eyebrows together in confusion, Yunho approached the bathroom, noticing the door was halfway open. "Changmin," he called softly as he pushed the door all the way open and the light. 

Yunho froze as he saw Changmin standing over the sink, furiously washing his hands under the running water. Yunho could hear Changmin muttering something under his breath and it caused Yunho to suddenly grow cold at the sight.

"Changmin," Yunho tried again. Changmin didn't respond, causing Yunho to realize that something wasn't right. He slowly approached Changmin's side, trying to figure out what was going on. Yunho couldn't stop himself from thinking that Changmin looked possessed. That only seemed to scare him more.

"Changmin," Yunho said again in fear.

"It won't come out," Changmin finally said, still scrubbing his hands in the sink. He brought his trembling hands out and started looking at them. "It won't come out."

Yunho started panicking. "What won't come out?" he frantically asked. "Changmin!" Yunho grabbed Changmin's shoulders, forcing the younger one to finally look at him.

Changmin's seemed to stare right past Yunho, as if he were watching something from far away. His eyes were wide and his body shook. It scared Yunho that Changmin was seeing something he obviously couldn't. 

Tears began falling from Changmin's eyes. "The b-blood," he choked in between sobs. He continued looking at his hands, scratching at his palms as the imaginary blood remained. "It's not coming out!"

Yunho shook Changmin, trying to get him to come to his senses. "Changmin!" Yunho yelled. "There's no blood! Wake up!"

Changmin started hyperventilating. "I didn't mean to do it!" he cried. "It was an accident and now it's not coming out."

"Let's-let's get you back to bed, okay Changmin?" Yunho said, grabbing a small towel and drying Changmin's hands with it. He turned off the sink, realizing they had left it on during the chaos. Yunho just hoped Changmin would snap out of it and go back to bed. "There's n-no blood. See?"

"I shot him. I shot him," Changmin began to chant. "I shot him. I shot him."

Yunho looked at Changmin again with sheer terror. "Ch-Changmin," he said in a soft voice. "Changmin. Please," he said, pleading for his maknae to come back to his senses.

Yunho didn't want to hurt him. The last thing Yunho wanted to do was cause Changmin any harm, especially after everything he'd been through. But right now, Yunho was torn as he started breathing heavier. He continued to curl and uncurl his fists, unsure of what to do.

Until finally, he took action, giving Changmin a hard slap to the face.

Yunho's hand was shaking. It suddenly felt as if his hand were burning with fire. "Ch-Changmin," he said, after gaining no reaction from Changmin. 

Changmin brought a hand to his now red face, touching where Yunho had slapped him. "Hyung," Changmin said.

Realizing that Changmin had become conscious, Yunho began speaking. "I'm sorry, Changmin," he quickly said.

Changmin just looked at him before looking around. Changmin was starting to realize that he had no memory of walking to the bathroom. "What happened?" he finally asked, looking back to Yunho for answers. 

"You...you don't remember?" Yunho asked.

Changmin shook his head. "Hyung," he said again. "What happened, Hyung?"

Yunho swallowed. "Changmin..." 

"How did we end up in here?" Changmin asked, looking around sincerely confused. Yunho's silence and scared expression was making Changmin nervous. "Hyung. Answer me," Changmin pleaded. He felt his face again. "Hyung. Did you hit me?"

Changmin's question brought a sudden pang in Yunho's chest. "You...you were sleepwalking," Yunho choked out, feeling completely guilty for slapping Changmin the way he did. He looked down. "I'm sorry Changmin but that was the only way to get your attention."

"I was sleepwalking?" Changmin asked in a daze. Suddenly, a horrifed look crossed his face. "Hyung. What did I say? What did I do?" he asked, his eyes watering up as his mind began to come up with crazy and scary answers to his own questions.

Yunho shook his head. "It was nothing serious," he simply answered.

"Why are we in here?" Changmin asked.

Yunho released a humorless laugh, not answering the question. "Come on," he finally said. "Let's get you to bed again."

Changmin stayed still. "Hyung-"

"Changmin, you didn't do anything bad," Yunho said, cutting off the maknae. "Now let's go to bed, okay?"

Changmin surrendered, putting his head down and sheepishly following his leader to his bedroom.

As Changmin reached his bed and laid down, his eyes were focused on Yunho, trying to read the older one, and after a while, Yunho could feel it.

Yunho sat on the bed and looked towards Changmin. "Min-"

"What did I do?" Changmin asked, this time cutting off Yunho's words. "Why won't you tell me?"

Yunho looked away. 

"Hyung, please tell me," he begged. "You're scaring me." Changmin was starting to wonder if he had done something so terrible that Yunho would probably hate him because of it. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

Yunho was going to not reply until he heard Changmin repeatedly apologize. "Changmin, why are you saying sorry?"

As if Changmin couldn't hear a thing Yunho was saying, he continued ranting. "I didn't mean to do..whatever I did. I can't control myself if...if I'm asleep."

Yunho shook. "You did nothing bad," he said. "Why would you think that? You're not a bad person."

"Yes I am," Changmin said under his breath.

Yunho froze, looking to Changmin in shock. "What?" he asked. "Changmin. You're not a bad person. Why would you even think that?"

Changmin sighed heavily before turning his body around, his back now facing Yunho.

"Changmin," Yunho said in alarm. He didn't like the way Changmin had suddenly detached from him. "Changmin," he said again after receiving no response. "You're not a bad person. You never were. You never will be." Yunho wiped a tear that had suddenly fallen from his eye. "I don't know why you would think that." Yunho continued crying, trying to make his sobbing silent so as not to worry Changmin. "You may have always had the title of evil maknae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter