Torn

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho was in the kitchen, completely famished.

He was grabbing something from the fridge as he felt a presence behind him. He automatically knew who it was. 

"Changmin-ah," Yunho said without turning around. "Are you hungry?"

Changmin shook his head, before mentally cursing at himself because he realized that Yunho couldn't see him. "No, Hyung," he said, tightening his grip on the notebook in his hands. "I have something to show you."

Yunho's full attention was on Changmin now. He closed the fridge and placed the various items he had grabbed onto the counter. "What is it, Min?" Yunho asked with a smile. He could tell that his maknae was excited about something.

Changmin handed him the notebook, looking at Yunho eagerly, urging the leader to look at it already.

Yunho opened the notebook, his eyes quickly scanning the page. "You want me to see this?" he asked, realizing all the work Changmin had put into this writing.

Changmin nodded. "I wrote it," he said, like a little child showing his parents his first drawing.

Yunho started reading. He realized that what he was reading weren't just words, it was a song. It was a beautiful song.

Despite that; despite how beautiful the lyrics were, despite how much the words touched Yunho's heart, his face still fell. He didn't know whether it was shock or disappointment, but he couldn't stop the negative feelings rising in his heart.

"Changmin," Yunho said after finding his voice again. "This song...it's a solo."

Changmin nodded. "Hyung," he said, a small smile on his face despite the look on Yunho's. "You're so talented. You really have an amazing voice," he continued. "I know I've never said that, but I really feel that way."

Yunho stared at him, dumbfounded. "Min," he said, his voice cracking a little. "What are you saying?"

Changmin continued smiling. "When you start performing again, nothing will make me happier than seeing you perform this song. I know you'll do well."

Yunho's mouth was partially hanging open before he started shaking his head. He noticed that Changmin didn't include himself when talking about beginning to perform again. "Are you saying... are you saying you want me to go solo?" he asked in disbelief. Even the use of that word seemed to make him sick.

Changmin nodded. "You're so talented, Hyung," he replied. "You can sing and dance and people love you. You don't need me to continue. You've already proven to the world how great you are."

Yunho tried speaking again, but Changmin cut him off.

"You won't start performing again because you're waiting for me to be ready," Changmin said. "The truth is, I don't think I'll ever be ready, and I can't stand here and watch you kill your dream because of me. You love singing and dancing more than anything."

Yunho started shaking his head. "Changmin-ah," he said weakly, his eyes grew a little wider.

"You really deserve this, Yunho," Changmin continued. He bit his lip. "You've done so much for me these last couple of months." He stopped, sighing and shaking his head. "What am I saying?" he asked suddenly. "You've done so much for me for over ten years. I can't pay you back for any of it. But I think you, more than anyone I've ever met, deserves happiness. And I always saw you happiest when you were on stage, performing in front of millions, all of them screaming your name and cheering you on." Changmin began smiling again. "You always tried to keep a poker face and not let everyone's chanting get to you, but I saw right through you. I saw you trying to hold back your smiles every time the crowd starting going crazy for you. You wanted to smile and laugh so bad because the audience was cheering for you and it really excited you, but you still wanted to look professional. I want to see that again, Hyung."

Changmin brought his hand to Yunho's face, seeing a tear unvoluntarily fall from the leader's eye. The maknae wiped the tear away.

"I've caused you so much stress," Changmin continued. "Not only since my kidnapping, but even before that." Changmin looked away. "You always took the blame when I did something stupid. You always stopped to make sure I was understanding what was going on during practice, because I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter