Solace

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure everything's alright?" Leeteuk asked. The question was directed at Yunho, but Leeteuk's eyes were fixed on Changmin. The youngest one looked as if he he seen a ghost. Leeteuk was worried as to why Yunho called him so late in the night. But he grew extremely curious as to why Yunho would ask if he and Changmin could spend the night with them. Leeteuk didn't mind, of course. He also didn't want to pry as well and ask too many questions.

Yunho nodded. "Someone broke into our apartment," he finally confessed. He sighed once he heard all the gasps in the room. He knew they were all thinking the same thing.

"What? Who?" Eunhyuk asked.

"A sasaeng," Yunho answered angrily.

The members of Super Junior were silent. They were happy that they hadn't been found by you-know-who, but at the same time, they were still scared and angry that a sasaeng would do that. They weren't surprised, seeing as how sasaengs have done things like that in the past, but Super Junior hoped that sasaengs would have the decency to refrain from something like this, especially knowing what Changmin was going through right now.

"I can't say that I didn't expect it," Yunho confessed, running his fingers through his hair. "But I just wished that something like this wouldn't happen."

"Are you okay?" Siwon asked, earning a nod from Yunho.

"And you, Changmin," Kyuhyun said. "Are you okay?" he asked, hoping to get a word out of the younger one. Yunho noticed that Changmin was no longer shaking, so that must have been a good sign.

Changmin nodded before taking another sip of the hot chocolate that Ryeowook had made for him. 

Kyuhyun smiled in response. Changmin didn't say anything, but at least he was able to answer.

"Well it's a good thing you guys came," Yesung  said. "Those sasaengs are unpredictable. Who knows what they would have done if they knew you still stayed."

"I think it's best that we didn't find out," Shindong said.

Yunho sighed. "I wish she didn't have to do that knowing about Changmin," he said. "She said she came over to make sure Min was okay but I don't buy it."

"Well maybe you two should head to bed," Leeteuk suggested. "I can tell how tired the both of you are."

"Changmin," Ryeowook said kindly. "Are you done with your hot chocolate?"

The maknae nodded, allowing Ryeowook to take the empty mug and place it into the sink. 

"Come on," Kyuhyun said to Changmin. "Let's get you to bed, okay?" Kyuhyun picked up Changmin's overnight bag, which Yunho had hurriedly packed for the both of them before arriving here.

Everyone watched as the two maknaes travelled into the hallway. They were all silent before they heard a door slam shut.

"Is he really okay?" Sungmin asked. 

"Yeah," Yunho nodded. "Trust me. He's much better now than he was when we left."

Donghae sighed. "That poor guy," he muttered. "Why doesn't he get a break?"

"I don't know," Yunho answered, shaking his head. "But he needs one soon." Yunho swallowed. "I don't know how much he can take," he said, choking on his words.

"Changmin is strong," Kangin said. "We all know that, especially now. Everyone will soon get what they deserve. I'm sure of it."

"It just feels like he's breaking more instead of healing," Yunho said, though he hated to admit it. Changmin couldn't be considered someone who was beyond repair, could he? It just didn't seem right. 

"Don't say that, Yunho," Heechul commanded. "He's not breaking. If anything, he's getting better. He's finally willing to talk to someone about what he's been through. He actually volunteers to leave home. Sure, it's just to the roof but that's something, right? He's determined to get better but he won't do that unless we all believe in him."

Yunho smiled as he let Heechul's words sink in. "That was deep," he replied lightheartedly.

A proud look appeared on Heechul's face. "I'm more than a pretty face," he confidently replied. After seeing Yunho smile again, Heechul gently smacked Yunho's leg. "Go to bed, Yunho," he commanded. "You look exhausted and the last thing we need is for you to pass out over here."

Yunho rolled his eyes.

"I'll show you where you're sleeping," Leeteuk offered as he and Yunho stood up.

Ryeowook sighed. "I think we should all get some sleep," he suggested with a sigh. He started heading into the hallway, not bothering to check if his remaining bandmates would head to sleep or not. He was just that tired.

Ryeowook stopped when he passed Kyuhyun's room. Coming from inside the room, he heard soft humming, a sound that was very familiar to Ryeowook. He stood there listening, debating whether or not he should enter the room. But before he knew it, he felt his hand twisting the door knob as he gently pushed the door open.

Ryeowook couldn't help but smile as he walked in. He saw Changmin fast asleep, with Kyuhyun sitting on the bed next to him, humming like he had used the song to lull Changmin to sleep.

"Oh," Kyuhyun said in surprise, though his voice was kept low in fear of waking Changmin up. "Hey, Wookie."

"Hey," Ryeowook replied, his voice equally as low. "How's he doing?" he asked as he squeezed himself to sit down on the remaining space on the bed.

Kyuhyun smiled. "He was still a little upset but I think he's much better now," he answered. "He didn't really want to sleep so I figured that a little music might send him to sleep." Kyuhyun started to gently play with Changmin's hair as a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "He seems so peaceful right now."

Ryeowook nodded in agreement, though he felt that Kyuhyun was really talking to himself. "Are you going to sleep soon?" Ryeowook asked.

"That depends," Kyuhyun responded. "Are you guys going to take another sleeping picture of us?" he asked in suspicion. He wasn't too happy when he found out that Donghae had taken pictures of them after they had fallen asleep the last time Changmin came over.

"We couldn't help it," Ryeowook said in defense. "The two of you were just so cute! We would have all posted them on our Twitters if it wasn't for...you know..." he trailed off as he glanced at Changmin.

Kyuhyun's demeanor turned serious as he let out a sigh. He knew exactly where Ryeowook was going with that statement. "Changmin must have thought that his kidnapper had found him."

Ryeowook nodded. "I must admit, I was really relieved when Yunho had said that it was just a saseang."

"I think we all were," Kyuhyun said. "But that didn't scare Changmin any less. That girl had no right to do that either."

Ryeowook shook his head. "They never do."

Kyuhyun shrugged. "But at least he's safe, right?" he asked, though still a little mad over tonight's situation.

Ryeowook nodded. "Exactly," he responded. "His safety is the most important thing." He nudged Kyuhyun's arm. "Now get some rest. I think your eyebags are darker than Tao's now."

Kyuhyun frowned. "That was just mean," he replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

Ryeowook smirked before he rose off the bed and left the room. Sleep tight, you two.

Yunho woke up considerably early the next morning. Since Changmin was still asleep, he figured he could pick up something at the store real quick. Of course, when he made the suggestion to Leeteuk, his reaction didn't surprise him.

"You're staying here, Yunho," Leeteuk commanded, though it almost sounded like he was begging.

Yunho sighed. "I'm just going to the store a few blocks away," he said. "I want to pick up something for Changmin before he wakes up."

Of course, that statement must have struck Leeteuk's heart, because his has gaze instantly softened.

Leeteuk sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "How much does he need it?" he asked.

Yunho pursed his lips in thought. "He doesn't actually know that I'm getting this," he confessed. "But his first therapy session is tomorrow and I want to get him something that I think will help make it a little easier."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter