Help Wanted

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho moaned as he woke up. The last thing he remembered was preparing food in his kitchen, so of course he was confused as he looked around the unfamiliar white room.

"Yunho," BoA said in a shaky voice as she noticed Yunho waking up. "Are you okay? How do you feel?"

Yunho didn't reply, he just continued looking around the room. "What happened?" he finally asked, seeing as how his mind was drawing a blank. He didn't like the worried face BoA had on, either. It took a lot to scare BoA.

"Changmin found you passed out on your kitchen floor," she answered.

Yunho's eyes widened at the mention of Changmin. "Changmin. Where is he?" he asked, looking around the room again to confirm that Changmin wasn't there.

BoA sighed. Did Yunho even hear what she said? "He's with a doctor," she answered, already knowing what would come next.

"Why?" Yunho asked as he quickly sat up. He clutched at his head and groaned when the room began to spin. He was vaguely starting to understand why he was in the hospital now.

"Yunho, please calm down," BoA asked as she gently pushed Yunho to lay back down. She sighed. "Changmin had a really bad panic attack. He and Kyuhyun were swarmed by reporters and it really scared Changmin."

"Oh, Min," Yunho sighed out, suddenly feeling extremely guilty. "Tell me what happened," he begged BoA.

BoA sighed. "Kyuhyun called you...but Changmin answered your phone," she began. "He said Changmin wouldn't stop crying because you wouldn't wake up. Kyuhyun said Changmin was pretty anxious on the way here but he was still fine. It was only when those reporters showed up out of nowhere did Changmin start to panic."

Yunho curled his fingers into fists, angry that the reporters dared to come anywhere close to Changmin. They knew he was hurting; they knew he wasn't okay. But they also knew that Changmin's current suffering was a nice way to get a bonus.

"If Siwon hadn't shown up, who knows what would have happened," BoA said, shaking all the worst case scenarios from her head.

"So...how did I end up here?" Yunho asked.

"The doctor said you were suffering from extreme exhaustion and high blood pressure," BoA answered with a sigh. "You haven't been taking care of yourself."

Yunho looked away from BoA's gaze. How could he take care of himself? The only thoughts that ever crossed Yunho's mind was that of Changmin. "How long has Changmin been gone?"

BoA knew that the last thing Yunho wanted to talk about right now was his own health, so she gave him that small satisfaction of leaving that subject matter for another time. "About thirty minutes," she finally answered. "From what I heard last, Changmin might get on more medication."

Yunho nodded. "Changmin's still always scared," he said sadly. "It seems like he jumps at every single thing. He feels guilty about Yuki's death, and...and he just always seems so...needy." Yunho needed to make sure he didn't sound like he was complaining.

"I told you that you should call someone when you need help," BoA responded, quite annoyed that Yunho had not taken her advice. She was disappointed, but definitely not surprised.

"I know," Yunho said with a nod. "But I thought I could handle it. And Changmin would always tell me how much he trusts me and..." Yunho sighed deeply, running his fingers through his hair. "I wasn't there to protect him this time. What if Siwon hadn't shown up? What if it wasn't just reporters that came after Changmin? What if it was someone much worse?" Yunho buried his face in his hands. He couldn't believe he let Changmin down again.

"Yunho, stop it," BoA commanded. "You speculating over all of that will solve nothing. Let's just be thankful that Changmin is okay."

As if right on cue, the door opened, revealing Kyuhyun, Changmin, Siwon, and Leeteuk, who had joined everyone at the hospital once he found out what was going on.

"Hyung," Changmin said happily as he rushed over to Yunho's bedside. Yunho slowly sat up, anticipating the hug that he would soon receive. "Hyung. Are you okay?" Changmin asked once he wrapped his arms around the leader. He sighed once he felt Yunho nod. "Hyung," Changmin continued. "I'm so sorry. I did this to you, didn't I? I'm sorry."

"Changmin-ah," Yunho said, breaking the hug to look Changmin right in the eyes. "Don't be ridiculous. None of this is your fault."

Changmin sighed. "But the doctor said you were under a lot of stress," he argued. "If it hadn't been for me-"

"You didn't force me to stop taking care of myself," Yunho quickly retorted. "I just...stopped doing all of that, I guess." Yunho shrugged. "How many times have I told you to stop apologizing for things that aren't your fault?"

Changmin looked down in shame.

Yunho smiled before reaching up to lovingly ruffle Changmin's hair.

"He was really anxious to see you," Kyuhyun said. 

"So was I," Yunho replied.

"How long were you awake, Hyung?" Changmin asked.

Yunho shook his head. "Not very long." He brought a hand to Changmin's face. "You must be tired, huh?"

Changmin hesitated before finally nodding.

Yunho scoot over, patting the space next to him to signal Changmin to sit by him. He smiled as Changmin silently obeyed, laying down on the space provided.

Yunho looked to everyone in the room. "Thank you so much for your help," he said to them.

"No problem," Leeteuk replied with a smile.

"Just do a little bit better in taking care of yourself, okay?" Siwon added, earning a nod from Yunho.

"We're serious," Changmin warned. 

Yunho smiled. "Okay," he said. "I promise."

"Hyung," Yunho said to Leeteuk. It was just Yunho, Changmin, Leeteuk, and Kyuhyun in the room now. Siwon and BoA went to go pick up food. The TVXQ leader was running his fingers through his maknae's hair, who had finally fallen asleep some time ago. "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Of course, Yunho," Leeteuk replied. "What do you need?"

Yunho sighed, looking at Changmin as he started speaking again. "I don't...I can't have him staying at the hospital all day..." he trailed off. Yunho hated the fact that he was forced to stay over night for "observation", and he couldn't stand the thought of Changmin having to stay here because of him.

"I understand," Leeteuk said. "I'm sure staying at this place would be hard for him."

Yunho nodded. "He wants to spend the night here with me," he began. "But I won't let him do that...I was wondering...Can he stay with you guys?"

Leeteuk smiled. "Of course he can."

"Our problem is that Changmin wouldn't want to leave you," Kyuhyun said, earning nods of agreement from his hyungs.

"I know," Yunho said. "But he's going to have to. I would ask you to just drop him off at our apartment but...I know how scared he would be without someone there with him...especially at night."

"I couldn't agree more," Leeteuk said. "Don't worry. We'll take good care of Changmin."

Yunho smiled in appreciation, stealing another glance at Changmin. "He's been sleeping a lot today, hasn't he?"

"That's good," Kyuhyun said. "We can't have the both of you admitted into the hospital, can we?"

"True," Yunho replied. "I just hope he isn't getting sick again." Yunho placed a hand on Changmin's forehead, just to be sure the maknae hadn't come down with another fever. Thankfully, Changmin seemed okay.

"I'm sure he's fine," Leeteuk said reassuringly. "It's been a crazy day for him. He deserves as much sleep as he can get."

Yunho sighed, nodding when he found truth in Leeteuk's words. "I just wish Changmin could get a break. It seems like anytime he's happy, something terrible happens to him right after."

"I just wish his kidnapper would be caught already," Kyuhyun muttered. "Maybe then Changmin wouldn't be so afraid so much. Maybe then...he'd stop worrying about us so much..."

There was silence as everybody pondered over Kyuhyun's words.

After a while, Yunho started speaking again. "When he's with you guys, please make sure he does nothing but relax. His new medicine...he's supposed to take it everyday, right?" he asked, receiving a nod from Kyuhyun and Leeteuk. "Okay." Yunho sighed. "I usually keep his medicines away from him," he confessed, looking away from the Super Junior members. "Changmin's mind is really messed up right now, and I'm always afraid of him getting dependent on his medicine, or...him trying to....you know..."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened, knowing exactly what Yunho meant. He hadn't even thought of the possibility of Changmin purposely overdosing on medicine. But given Changmin's, as well as Yunho's, mental state, he could see why Yunho would do that. Changmin was always so sad and scared, and felt he was the cause of everyone's stress and problems. There could be a possibility of Changmin thinking that the best way to end everyone's problems, and the best way to escape from his kidnapper, would be to end his own life. And Yunho, seeing as how he was sometimes paranoid beyond belief when it came to Changmin's safety, was probably scared to death from just thinking of what would happen if Changmin got his hands on an entire bottle of his medicines.

Kyuhyun shuddered at the thought.

"Don't worry," Leeteuk said to Yunho. "Changmin is in great hands with us." 

Kyuhyun nodded before they all noticed Changmin beginning to stir. Changmin's eyes slowly fluttered open. 

"Hey, Min," Yunho said softly. "How are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter