Curiosity

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho's hands started shaking as his phone notified him of a new call coming in. He was hoping that his conversation with BoA was cut off because she accidentally dropped her phone or her battery died. But he couldn't deny the truth, especially with this phone call that he knew was made for confirming everything.

"Answer it," Changmin begged through his harsh breaths. 

Yunho bit his lip, glancing over at the maknae siting next to him before finding the courage to answer the phone before it was too late.

"Hello," Yunho answered, trying to not let his fear get the best of him.

The person on the other line sighed. "I was hoping Changmin would answer," JinSuk responded. "Can you put Minnie on the phone?"

"No way," Yunho replied. 

"Hyung," Changmin muttered. "Do whatever he asks."

Yunho looked at Changmin, sighing before handng his phone to Changmin. "He wants you," he said in a low voice.

Changmin nodded, taking the phone from Yunho's hands and putting the phone on speaker. "H-hello," he said into the phone. Changmin cleared his throat, hoping to make his voice sound stronger.

"So nice to hear your voice again, Minnie," JinSuk immediately replied. Changmin could just imagine him smiling, causing him to shiver involuntarily. "It's a shame we had to involve BoA in this, isn't it?"

"Let her go," Changmin demanded, his voice sounding more powerful now. "She's had nothing to do with this."

JinSuk laughed, impressed at Changmin's sudden change of demeanor. "I don't think you have any room to make demands," he said. "I have something both of you want, and you know how to get it back."

Changmin swallowed, hating the way JinSuk talked about BoA like she was just an object and not a person. It annoyed and angered him, but he knew he couldn't voice his opinion. He couldn't do or say anything that could make JinSuk angry, in fear of him hurting her. Changmin sighed. "I'll do what I have to do." Changmin shuddered as he said those words. He knew exactly what he had to do, and he felt his heart beating faster at the very thought of having to sacrifice himself. He heard Yunho muttering to him, begging him not to give in to JinSuk's demands, but Changmin ignored him. "Put her on the phone. I want proof that she's okay."

"There you go making demands again," JinSuk said with a sigh. "Oh well. I guess that's fair."

Changmin didn't have to wait long before he heard a familiar voice that made him sigh in relief. "Changmin," BoA said. "It's me."

"Noona," Changmin replied. "Noona, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything." Changmin felt his face becoming wet with his own tears. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine, Min," she answered, her voice a bit shaky now.

"I'll get you out of there," Changmin promised. "Whatever it takes."

"Min," BoA said, it was obvious that she was starting to cry now. "Don't come, okay? Save yourself and-"

"Noona!" Changmin yelled after hearing BoA's words interrupted by her own screams.

"Time's up," JinSuk said.

"What did you do?" Changmin asked. "Don't hurt her again!"

"I'm getting impatient, Minnie," JinSuk said. "I'll make sure your noona is safe as long as you come to save her. It's that simple."

It was hard for Yunho to keep quiet this whole time. He didn't want Changmin to risk his life. The police had already been informed of the situation, and he just wished that they would be able to help. But he knew that he couldn't risk that at all. The only way to save BoA was to give up Changmin.

But at what cost?

Yunho put his hand on Changmin's shoulder, causing the maknae to look towards him. Yunho looked at him with sad eyes, silently pleading for Changmin to find another way to find BoA.

Changmin pursed his lips, understanding Yunho's plea, but feeling powerless. He knew there was nothing else he could do. 

"Tell me what to do," Changmin said in a voice that was so firm you wouldn't believe that he was deathly afraid of the older man.

"That's the Changmin I love to hear," JinSuk replied. "Remember that place I used to take you? That was a nice house wasn't it?"

Changmin shuddered at the memory, knowing exactly where JinSuk was talking about. It took all of Changmin's might to make sure he didn't vomit right then and there. His face had turned pale, which Yunho noticed. Changmin felt Yunho rub his back in a form of comfort. It wasn't working, but Changmin appreciated his effort.

"Yeah," Changmin finally answered. "I remember."

"And I hope you remember the address as well," JinSuk said. "I would remind you, but I know Yunho is listening to our conversation right now. I would hate to reveal our little secret."

Yunho and Changmin looked at each either. They knew it was ridiculous, but even at this moment, they felt as if JinSuk was watching them.

"I remember the address," Changmin replied. "Just tell me what to do."

"You have an hour," JinSuk said. "The key's under the mat at the front door. Come alone."

"Okay," Changmin replied. "I'll be there. But I mean it when I say that BoA better be fine when I get there or else-"

"Aww, suddenly Minnie thinks he's so tough?" JinSuk taunted.

"Shut up," Changmin commanded. "Just be ready to let her go when I get there." And with that, Changmin ended the call. He bit his lip, staring into nothing.

Yunho swallowed thickly. "Min-"

"Don't," Changmin said, cutting him off. He was ready for this and nothing could change his mind. He stood up, about to start heading to his room, wanting to change into anything that weren't his childish pajamas. 

Yunho got up and started following him. "There has to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter