Cross Over

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Min," Yunho said as he walked into the room.

Changmin was sitting on the bed. His head was down as he played with his fingers.

It was time.

And as much as Yunho wanted nothing more than to tell his maknae "you don't have to go anywhere today, Changdola. Just rest a little more", there was no way Changmin would be able to escape what he had to do next.

Changmin slowly looked up at Yunho.

Yunho held in a pained gasp as he saw the way Changmin looked right now. "Exhausted" wasn't the right word to use to describe how Changmin looked. The black circles under his eyes had gone several shades darker, it seemed. There was no light in his eyes, just dull, dark orbs that stared back at him with no emotion. The black suit he was wearing looked more fit for a funeral than a court case.

Changmin looked completely lifeless.

Yunho let a pained smile cross his face before he sat next to Changmin. "Hey, Min," he repeated, this time his voice was much more gentle. "Are you ready?"

Changmin nodded, nothing more. He wasn't even looking at Yunho anymore. His eyes had shifted back to his lap, mindlessly playing with his fingers.

"We still have some extra time," Yunho pointed out. "Why don't you eat something?"

Changmin shook his head. "I'm fine, Hyung," he said. Changmin really couldn't eat right now. His stomach seemed to be doing somersaults right now; being able to keep food down was out of the question.

Yunho looked at Changmin in worry. "Are you sure?"

Changmin nodded. "I'm not hungry," he responded quickly.

"You didn't eat last night either, Changmin," Yunho reminded him, and that wasn't the only thing Changmin didn't do.

Changmin didn't sleep during the night. Of course, Yunho only found that out because he also had some difficulty falling asleep as well. Every hour or so, Yunho would come downstairs, because he knew that's where the maknae would be after finding his room empty. He would see Changmin sitting on the floor, hugging his knees close to his chest. The TV was on, but Yunho knew that Changmin wasn't paying attention to it, even though his eyes were glued to the screen. 

As a matter of fact, Yunho was sure that Changmin wasn't paying attention to anything around him. He had no reaction when Yunho had walked up to him. He didn't move even as Yunho grabbed a blanket and placed it around the maknae's shoulders, noticing how the younger one was shivering.

Changmin had completely detached himself from life at that time. It really scared Yunho, but he thought that was the easiest way for Changmin to deal with the trial he had to face. And Yunho figured that it was better for Changmin to not feel anything, than to feel nothing but fear and pain.

Yunho wrapped his arm around Changmin's shoulders. "Let's go, Changmin. Okay?"

Changmin nodded robotically, adding to the list of things that Yunho was worried about. 

Changmin had barely said anything to anyone. He only spoke when it seemed like he was being forced to speak. Yunho didn't like that one bit.

Changmin slowly stood up, still being held tightly by Yunho. 

"I promise everything will work out starting from today," Yunho said. He smiled again. 

Changmin just looked at him. "I hope so," he replied quietly.

Yunho nodded. "It will," he promised. "Don't you trust me?"

"I do," Changmin replied immediately. "I do," he repeated in a whisper as he looked away. 

Yunho held Changmin tighter, rubbing at his arm a little. "Then trust when I say that after all this is done, it'll all be worth it. I promise." He was trying to keep his mood up, but with how Changmin was acting right now, it was a little challenging. Yunho couldn't blame him, though. He couldn't imagine having to face someone who tortured him for over a year. 

In all honesty, Yunho had never seen Changmin show true fear until Jinsuk came along, and that made Yunho hate that man even more.

Sure, Changmin would show his fear of ghosts and cockroaches every once a while, which everyone would for before Changmin remembered that he needed to "man up".

Changmin's definition of manning up was exacting his revenge on everyone involved in his suffering for that day.

But now, Changmin's fear that he had for Jinsuk wasn't one that Changmin could just shake off. It was a fear that, sadly, was permanently engraved into Changmin's mind. Yunho would never ever for having such a fear as this one. He knew this type of trauma, and he would never let Changmin face it alone.

"Once this is all over," Yunho continued. "You'll be free. Forever." And Yunho wasn't sure why, but he was very confident about today. He felt it in his gut that everything would go by smoothly. Maybe it was his imagination or irrational hopes, but Yunho imagined that after the trial, he would see Changmin smiling all day, watching movies and eating his life away.

"W-will I?" Changmin asked. His definition of freedom had been forgotten. Even though he had been away from Jinsuk's clutches for months now, Changmin still felt as if he were in chains.

Yunho nodded. "You will," he answered. 

Changmin sighed. "We should go," he said suddenly. He wasn't eager for it. He spoke in almost a robotic fashion, one that Yunho noticed. He figured that was just Changmin's way of ending the conversation without being rude.

The leader just nodded, leading Changmin out of the room. They headed downstairs, where Kangta was waiting. He looked nervous, Yunho couldn't help but think that he looked the same way. 

"Ready?" Kangta asked them.

Changmin nodded. He answered first, surprising the both of them. "Let's go," he said calmly. "I'm ready."

Kangta sighed, grabbing his keys as the three of them left the house. 

Changmin went straigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter