Stories

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Detective Kang started to view this case differenctly after finding out about Detective Baek's possible involvement with Choi Jinsuk.

Could it really be possible that Detective Baek worked with Choi JinSuk?

That thought itself seemed crazy, but nothing else could explain what happened in the police station when Changmin had been called in to identify Jinsuk.

He wasn't a naive person. He knew that every officer had something to hide. But something like this? Was it even possible?

The worst part was having to confront the matter later. He had come to realize that directly approaching Baek about this matter wouldn't be the best idea. If what Detective Park was thinking happened to be true, then approaching Baek about it would be a bad idea. If Baek found out that the police were onto him, there's no doubt that he'd try to cover his tracks. That would just leave the police at a dead end. Choi JinSuk would escape.

And his past victims; who knows what would happen to them?

Detective Kang started thinking about Changmin. The poor guy was too afraid to leave the house because he thought JinSuk is still pursuing him. From what Yunho had told him, it was clear to Detective Kang that even if Choi JinSuk was caught, Changmin would still live with this lingering fear.

It seemed like the only matter Detective Kang was consumed in was solving this case. With the possible betrayal of Detective Baek, Kang had an even bigger motivation.

The detectives knew Changmin had known more than he was letting on, but there was no way they could get him to divulge any information. However, the incident today gave them further evidence they needed to continue this case.

Changmin was the key to ending everything.

Yunho could think that going to the roof was officially a routine. Everyday the two of them would go to the roof at night, just talking and looking at the night sky. Their conversations mostly consisted of Yunho telling stories of the things Changmin missed during the past year. Changmin would ask questions, which led to Yunho telling more stories. They'd do that until Changmin would start to fall asleep.

Tonight wasn't any different as the two of them lay on the roof. 

Yunho turned to Changmin. "Your first therapy session is in two days, Min," he said. "Are you ready for it?"

Changmin shrugged. "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess," he muttered with a sigh. His answer was as unenthusiastic as anyone would expect.

"It's okay to be scared," Yunho replied. "But just know that man can't hurt you. And if I find out that he does anything bad, I swear-"

"I know," Changmin said, cutting off Yunho's predictable threat. "I...I just don't want to remember any of it, Hyung."

"I know you don't," Yunho said in a gentle voice. "But this is for your own good. Remember? Me and Kyuhyun went through it."

Changmin's nodded. "You and him didn't talk to each other," he muttered, remembering the story the two older ones had told him. Changmin's eyes widened, realizing that there was an important story Yunho hadn't told him yet. "Hyung. Tell me about the time you and him made up."

Yunho was quiet for a while, making Changmin feel like he was ignored.

"Okay," Yunho finally said with a sigh. "But it comes with a price."

Changmin's eyebrows perked up. "A price?" he asked, thinking he hadn't heard correctly.

Yunho nodded. "I tell a story, you tell a story."

"What kind of story?" Changmin asked.

Yunho shrugged. "Anything you want," he answered. He was hoping that this would help Changmin prepare a little for his first therapy session. "What story do you feel comfortable with telling me?"

Changmin sighed. "O-okay," he agreed. "I'll tell you a story. But you first."

Yunho nodded. "Sounds fair." He cleared his throat, thinking back to the time he and Kyuhyun spoke for the first time in months. "I remember hearing a weak knock at my door one morning..."

"Kyu-Kyuhyun?" Yunho asked in shock once he opened the door to reveal the Super Junior maknae. Yunho's eyes were wide and his mouth would have just hung open if he didn't have any self control. 

Why would Kyuhyun take time out from his day to come over? Something wasn't sitting well with Yunho.

"Hi, Hyung," Kyuhyun greeted awkwardly. He really didn't know where to go from there. He wasn't even expecting Yunho to open his door. "C-can I come in?" he asked timidly.

Yunho nodded. "Of course you can," he said before making way for Kyuhyun to enter. He led the younger into the living room. It was still a mess, boxes were still scattered on the floor. But it was obvious that Yunho had attempted to clean up just a little bit.

"So this is the new apartment everyone's been talking about," Kyuhyun said as he looked around.

"Yeah," Yunho replied, feeling slightly embarrassed by the way it looked. "Sorry it's so messed up. I have no excuse. I've been here for almost three months and I haven't finished putting everything where it needs to be." He chuckled. "Some of my clothes are even still in suitcases."

"You better hurry up," Kyuhyun said with a small smile. "When Changmin comes back he's going to freak out when he sees this place."

The two of them released a small laugh before they sat in silence. Thoughts were racing in their heads. Yunho was afraid to speak, scared of saying something that could offend Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, was unsure of what to say in general seeing as how the only things he had ever said to Yunho since Changmin's disappearance was how much he hated him.

"I miss him so much," Kyuhyun finally muttered, feeling his eyes watering up. "I'll do anything to get him back."

Yunho nodded, feeling his eyes tear up as well. "He'll be back," he said. "He has to come back." Yunho ran his fingers through his own hair. "Do...do you want something to drink?" he asked.

Kyuhyun shook his head. "No thanks," he replied.

Yunho swallowed. "How's Minho?" he asked, showing sincere concern for the younger Kyu-Line member. Minho was in denial when he found out Changmin was kidnapped. He insisted that Changmin was just gone, not taken. That Changmin would come back after he was up to it. But when reality finally caught up with Minho, he broke. Minho barely left the dorms. There were occasions where Onew and their manager had to force Minho to eat. Minho's refusal often led to Taemin crying tears of fear and worry, thinking Minho would eventually kill himself if he had the chance. Key would have to take Taemin away and comfort him, while Onew and Jonghyun would kindly speak to Minho. It took a while, but eventually, Minho would listen.

"He's getting better," Kyuhyun finally answered. "Taemin said that Minho's been a bit tired lately, but he's getting a little better in taking care of himself."

Yunho smiled. "I'm glad," he responded. "It really killed me to see him like that."

"Me too," Kyuhyun replied,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter