Waiting For You

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung," Changmin said happily as he took a seat on the couch next to Yunho. It was a week since Changmin had heard the news of Detective Baek's arrest. He was still a bit uneasy and scared, the real man that captured him was still out there. But it soothed Changmin's nerves a little knowing that at least one of them was caught.

"Yes, Min?" Yunho responded, wondering why Changmin was in such a good mood.

"I wanna go out to eat," Changmin said immediately.

Yunho raised an eyebrow. "Really?" he asked in suprise. It was quite clear to Yunho why Changmin wanted to go out. Though Changmin felt much safer at home, he felt the need to go out, and not just to go see the Super Junior members or his therapist. He needed real social interaction. Yunho was quite relieved at Changmin's request. He had always wanted to bring that out to the maknae, but he didn't want Changmin to feel like he was being pressured to do anything he wasn't ready for.

Changmin nodded. "Can we bring Kyu and Minho along?" he asked. "Maybe some more members of Super Junior would want to come too."

Yunho laughed. "Okay, okay," he replied, Changmin's enthusiasm rubbing off on him. Yunho pulled out his phone from his pocket. "Why don't you text everyone you want and tell them to meet us."

"Thanks, Hyung," Changmin replied with a smile as he took the older one's phone.

"Hm," Yunho hummed in thought. "Maybe we should stop at the mall and get you a new phone," he suggested. Changmin's phone contract had been cancelled after he went missing, and no one had really thought about it ever since he came back.

"Okay," Changmin said as he was typing a mass text to everybody. "Oh." He looked up from the phone to face Yunho. "What time should we meet?"

"Three?" Yunho said with a shrug. "Whatever time you want."

"Three's good," Changmin quickly replied. He finished typing before hitting the send button. "Thank you, Hyung." He handed Yunho back the phone.

"Where do you want to go?" Yunho asked.

Changmin started playing with his fingers. "Well," he began. "You mentioned the mall." Changmin smiled. "I remember there was a barbeque place we would always go to. Is it still there? I wanna go there, then go to the dessert shop next to it. Do you remember that?"

Yunho nodded and smiled. "You almost made you me sick of that place," he teased. "Of course I remember those places. And don't worry. They're still there."

Changmin sighed in relief. "That's good," he said. He looked to Yunho again. "It felt like I was gone for decades," he began. "I was so scared that everything would be completely different when I returned. That life and everyone I knew had fast forwarded their lives and moved on without me."

"Min," Yunho replied. "We couldn't move on without you."

"Yeah but...I always felt that way, you know?" he asked, receiving a nod from Yunho. "But I got back, and the only major change was moving into a new dorm. That didn't bother me. It was a huge relief, actually." Changmin smiled. "Everything that has stayed the same, even just the tiniest things, were a big relief to me. I would have gone crazy if everything changed at once."

Yunho reached over and ruffled Changmin's hair. "We took that into consideration," Yunho confessed. "When I first moved into this place, I wanted to make it resemble the old one as much as possible. That way, it would feel a little closer to home for you and you wouldn't be as scared."

"Thanks, Hyung," Changmin replied. "It really helped." He sighed, seemingly sinking further into the sofa. "I don't like change. I never wanted things to change."

Yunho pursed his lips. "I know, Min," he responsed. "I don't like changes either."

"It means that something went really wrong," Changmin reasoned. He turned and faced Yunho. "We've been through a lot of changes, Hyung. What went wrong?"

Yunho looked at Changmin in concern, wondering where his line of thought was coming from. He honestly didn't know how to respond to Changmin's statement. He just sat there with his mouth slightly hanging open.

Once Changmin realized that Yunho had nothing to say, he continued. "Never mind," he muttered, shaking his head.

"No, Changmin-ah," Yunho said gently. "Keep talking. What do you mean by all this?"

Changmin swallowed. "I'm the thing that went wrong," he began to explain, looking down at his lap. 

Yunho shook his head. "That doesn't mean anything," he replied. "You're still Shim Changmin to me...to all of us. You haven't changed a bit to us."

"But I have changed," Changmin reminded him. "I'm not the same person I was, and everyone has had to change everything for my sake."

"That's because we all love you, Min," Yunho explained. "We're wanting to do everything possible to make sure that you don't forget how much we care about you." Yunho's face brightened with pride. "Besides, change doesn't always mean something bad. I now remember to take off my shoes before entering the dorm. I know how much you hated it whenever I would forget."

Changmin smiled. "While I was gone, I kind of missed that," he admitted.

"You just missed yelling at me," Yunho accused.

Changmin shrugged. "Take that to mean whatever you want."

"So...I can start wearing my shoes in the dorm again?" Yunho asked.

"Over your dead body," Changmin countered.

Yunho smiled before his phone started going off l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter