Revelation

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wh-what if they come again?" Changmin asked. He nervously played with his fingers as he craned his neck to look out the windows of the vehicle, checking if his surroundings were secure. He didn't care if he was in the parking lot of the police station. It wouldn't stop the reporters from coming. Changmin knew that he sounded paranoid, but he didn't care.

"They won't," Kyuhyun promised for the billionth time as he put a hand on Changmin's shoulder and smiled. 

"And Siwon will go Hulk on all of them if they do show up again," Sungmin added in, flashing a cute smile.

"Yah," Siwon said, looking at the three of them in the backseat of Yunho's car. "That was a one time thing."

"So you say," Yunho replied. 

Siwon sighed as he rolled his eyes.

Yunho looked to Changmin. "You ready, Changmin?" he asked gently. "The police are probably waiting for you right now."

Changmin swallowed the lump in his throat. "O-Okay," he reluctantly replied. "Yeah...we should go in."

There was a short silence as everyone started piling out of the car. Yunho, Kyuhyun, Siwon, and Sungmin practically formed a barricade around Changmin, just in case. 

Once they got into the station, Changmin saw a thin teenage boy sitting on the bench. Changmin recognized him immediately.

Yu Iljun.

The younger man's eyes lit up as he saw Changmin and his friends walk in. "Hyung," he said as he got up to approach Changmin, leaving his parents behind.

"Iljun," Changmin replied as the younger one wrapped him in a hug. "I'm so glad to see you're okay."

"Thank you," Iljun replied. 

The two of them began casual conversation, with Iljun introducing Changmin to his parents and Changmin introducing Yunho, Siwon, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin to them.

"I heard about Yuki," Iljun said as he looked to the ground and shuffled on his feet. "I still can't believe it."

"Me neither," Changmin replied. "She didn't deserve it."

"I don't think any of us have deserved the past year," Iljun muttered. He turned his head to the direction of his parents, who were calling him saying that it was time to go.

Changmin nodded in agreement. "You need to make sure you be safe and take care of yourself, okay?"

"Okay," Iljun replied with a nod. "You too, Hyung." He hugged Changmin once again. "I'm so glad to see you again before I leave."

"Leave?" Changmin asked in confusion. "Leave to where?"

Iljun unwrapped himself from the hug to look up at Changmin. "I have an uncle in Europe," he began to explain. "My parents are sending me there for three months." Il Jun scratched the back of his neck. "They want me to get a break but...my uncle also knows some really good doctors over there so...maybe they'll help me with...you know...my therapy."

Changmin nodded. "I'm glad for you, Iljun," Changmin said with a small smile. 

"I still want to thank you for saving all of us," Iljun said. "If it wasn't for you, we'd probably still be stuck there."

Changmin shook his head. "That was all thanks to Yuki and Eunmi. They're the ones who were able to escape and tell the police about the rest of us."

Iljun scoffed. "And everyone knows for a fact that you're the one who helped them escape anyway," he said. "Throw your pride aside and accept the credit."

Changmin smiled.

Iljun sighed. "I probably should get going," he sadly announced. "Thanks again, Hyung."

"Iljun-ah," Changmin called out to him as Il Jun started leaving. "You haven't stopped playing guitar, right?"

Iljun stopped walking and turned around to face Changmin. "Of course not," he answered. "You told me I was too good to stop, remember?"

Changmin smiled as he watched Iljun join his parents.

"Sweet kid," Yunho said.

Changmin nodded.

Yunho led them all straight to Detective Kang's desk. He hated being back here, especially with Changmin. Yunho just hoped that his demeanor didn't make his feelings obvious.

"Ah," Detective Kang said in surprise upon seeing all five of them approach his desk. He looked to Changmin. "I'm glad you could make it." He pointed to a chair in front of his desk. "Changmin-ssi, why don't you have a seat?"

Changmin obeyed, sitting down as his gaze shifted between Yunho and the detective.

"Detective Park and another detective are with some other people you may know," Detective Kang said kindly. "They're asking them a few simple questions."

"Okay," Changmin replied politely, even though he really just wanted the older man to hurry up with this interview so that they could get it over with and go home.

Detective Kang placed a tablet in front of Changmin. "We've narrowed down our list of suspects to the people in that tablet," the detective explained. "Take your time going through the pictures and tell me when you find a familiar face."

Changmin nodded, slowly swiping at the tablet to reveal mugshots of various people. It went on like that for a few minutes before Changmin swiped to a picture that caused his eyes to widen.

"Changmin?" Detective Kang asked in concern.

"It's him," Changmin said in a quiet voice. He pointed to the picture for emphasis, his body beginning to shake.

Yunho gently massaged Changmin's shoulder, hoping his tense body would relax and that Changmin's mind wouldn't send him into a panic attack again.

"Who is he?" Detective Kang asked, wanting to hear Changmin say it himself.

Changmin swallowed, trying to prevent himself from throwing up in front of everyone. "That's the guy wh-who kidnapped me."

"Are you sure?" Detective Kang asked, earning a nod from Changmin.

"I-I would recognize his face anywhere," Changmin answered, hating how true that statement was. "He looks younger in this photo, but that's definitely him."

Yunho, Siwon, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin stared at the picture intently. The man's face was slowly engraving itself into their minds. Kyuhyun held himself from shuddering. The man's name was Choi JinSuk. That's a name all of them would remember.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter