Nightmare

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nightmares must be contagious.

Yunho was the one always trying to calm down Changmin from what ever terrible nightmare the younger one had suffered from.

But this time it was Yunho waking up in a cold sweat, gasping as he violently sat up with a force that could make anyone dizzy from that. He sighed, wiping the sweat from his forehead along with the tears he must have shed as he was asleep. He buried his face into his shaking hands as he tried to slow his breathing down to a normal rate.

He had a dream about the trial. 

It started out great; Jinsuk was declared guilty and Yunho got to see Changmin smiling brightly like he should.

Then a few seconds later Changmin is shot and killed by one of Jinsuk's crazed followers.

How his good dream turned into a sudden nightmare didn't make any sense to him but he desperately needed to shake off his nerves.

Yunho slowly got out of bed. Though he knew that nightmare was just a horrid dream, Yunho still felt the need to leave his room to check on Changmin. The maknae had started feeling a little safer after he returned from the hospital, now feeling that he no longer needed Yunho by his side all the time.

Yunho made sure he was completely composed before he made the short walk to Changmin's room. He opened the door slowly, turning on the light as he entered.

As suspected, Changmin was still fast asleep. He wasn't moving at all; the only sign of life was the steady rise and fall his chest. Though Yunho was happy to see that Changmin was sleeping so well, he was sad that it was only with the help of sleep medication. The 'normal' Changmin would usually fall asleep instantly. But either way, Yunho would prefer that Changmin's sleep was deep and dreamless.

Yunho made his way towards Changmin, sitting at the edge of the bed. He mindlessly began to run his fingers through Changmin's hair. It relaxed Yunho a lot. This gesture was basically Yunho subconsciously reminding himself that Changmin really was here. It made him smile and kept him sane.

Changmin stirred, a weak moan escaping his lips, causing Yunho to freeze and quickly retract his hand from Changmin's hair. But the leader sighed in relief and smiled as Changmin curled up and went back into his deep sleep, completely still once again. Yunho adjusted the maknae's blanket, bringing it to his shoulders. He bent down further, leaving a kiss on Changmin's forehead. "No more giving me nightmares,okay?" he whispered, even though he knew he wouldn't get a response. 

He rose with a sigh, sending Changmin another glance before turning off the lights and leaving the room.

Yunho closed Changmin's door as he entered the hall way. He closed his eyes, leaning against the bedroom door. 

He just really wanted two things right now: his mind to stop messing with him, and for Changmin to walk away from this trial completely fine.

Why couldn't life be that easy?

The prison was silent, the only ones awake were the unfortunate guards who had been forced to work the grave yard shift.

It was unexciting and boring, but that's much to be expected when working in a prison in the middle of the night.

There was one convict through, who was wide awake.

It was cold, lonely, and dark in his cell. He had no cell mates around to notice if something was wrong with him.

But during the regular cell checks of the night, one guard heard the sound of desperate wheezing coming from one of the cells. He quickly followed the noise, running until he froze in his spot.

The prisoner of that certain cell was now on the ground, clawing at his neck as he gasped for air. His face was red and his eyes were wide in panic, begging for help.

The guard's eyes grew wide. He quickly pulled out his radio, requesting an ambulance to come as soon as possible.

The guard was just doing his job.

He didn't realize doing something like this would cause so much damage.

"And you can have Changmin drink one of these any time he has no appetite," Kyuhyun suggested as he placed several bottles of nutrition and protein shakes on the kitchen counter.

Yunho smiled. "Kyuhyun, you're a genius," he said with a sigh.

"I'm just putting to use everything my hyungs did for me after my accident," Kyuhyun replied. "I swear all of them were willing to shove a funnel tube down my throat and force food into me if they could."

Yunho laughed. "You don't know how many times I thought about doing something like that to Min." He sighed again, this time becoming serious. "Changmin hasn't been healthy. I'm so worried about him and I think I'm going insane."

Kyuhyun nodded. He couldn't deny that he felt the same way.

"I know how Jungsu must have felt after the car accident," Yunho continued. "He was hurt also, but all he wanted to do was protect you. But he felt helpless. He couldn't save you from the accident and he couldn't be there for you as much as he felt he should." Yunho shook his head. "That does a lot of damage to your mind."

Kyuhyun smiled. "But guess what?" he said. "Jungsu was there for me as much as he could. Because of support from him and and the others, I got better. It doesn't matter that he couldn't save me from the accident. What matters is that he was there for me until the end."

Yunho bit his lip.

"Changmin appreciates everything you've done for him," Kyuhyun continued. "Right now, all he's wishing f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter