Intruder

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kyuhyun groaned as he tried picking himself off the ground. His whole body felt heavy, pain radiating throughout, especially with the painful throbbing coming from his wrist, but he had to keep going.

He had to keep Changmin safe.

"It was nice seeing you again, Kyuhyun," the man said, causing the hurt one to shudder in disgust. "But I can't waste anymore time with you."

"J-Jinsuk," Kyuhyun said, feeling as if poison had just escaped his lips. "Don't."

It wasn't a strong command, something expected of Kyuhyun. Instead, it was a desperate plea. Please leave Changmin alone. Please don't torture him anymore. Please don't hurt my best friend.

Kyuhyun knew that from his position, he wasn't exactly in the greatest place to make demands, especially since Jinsuk had so easily overpowered him. But he was really trying to help Changmin, or at least stall until someone comes to save them.

Jinsuk was having none of that. He watched as Kyuhyun pathetically tried to get off the ground again before he rolled his eyes. He was getting bored and didn't have much time to waste. He delivered a swift kick to Kyuhyun's ribs, sending the maknae back to the ground and causing him to yell in pain as he felt his eyes watering up. He bit his lip, careful not to mess with the cut on his lip from Jinsuk punching him the first time. The room was spinning, and Kyuhyun suddenly felt the uncomfortable mix of nausea and lightheadedness. 

With a dark smile, Jinsuk left Kyuhyun where he laid.

He had never been here before, so of course he had to actually search for Changmin's room. But Jinsuk realized it was worth the effort as he finally found Changmin's room.

He smiled, slowly creeping towards Changmin's bed.

The maknae looked angelic to him, still asleep and completely oblivious to the world around him, despite the danger now lurking.

Jinsuk knew he was sick. Being away from Changmin drove him crazy, even to the point where the very thought of Changmin gave him physical pain. He constantly thought about Changmin and his beauty. His sick fascination with Changmin had turned into a dangerous obsession that year Changmin was his. That year was pure bliss for Jinsuk, and even though he knew it was Changmin's fault that he and all of the other victims were released, he couldn't bring himself to hate Changmin. If anything, he wanted Changmin even more. He was proud and thought of how brave Changmin must have been in order to do something like that. 

He had no choice but to admit that he was obsessed. He needed relief.

Maybe it was true that he really was the weak one, having a pathetic crush on someone who would rather see him dead.

But Jinsuk didn't care. Besides, after today, he would carry out his solution. 

He and Changmin were going to take one final trip together.

Detective Park successfully threw a DVD into the trash. "Swish," he said happily.

"Good thing you're the only one who has ever watched the CCTV's in the office," Detective Kang joked, smacking the younger one on the back of his head. "If anyone saw you deliberately throwing away evidence, we'd be screwed." 

"I'll just tell people it was a piloted copy of the Mirotic music video," Park replied with a smile.

Detective Kang sighed, sitting next to his junior partner. "Are we doing the right thing?" he asked quietly, almost sounding doubtful.

The younger of the two nodded. " I think we are," he replied confidently. "Let's put this guy in prison for life without doing anymore harm to his victims."

Detective Kang nodded slowly. "I guess you're right," he said with another sigh. "We have one more week until all of this is over." His phone started ringing, surprising both of them. He held up a finger, signaling for his partner to hold on for a short while. "Hello," said answering the phone.

A few seconds later both detectives scrambled out of their seats and rushed out.

All Changmin's mind could process was a heavy weight on top of him before his eyes popped open.

Once again, his mind raced at an impossibly quick speed.

He was no longer drowsy. His head was racing too much as he tried to figure out if this was a sick, horrid dream, or a terrible reality.

Changmin felt his heart starting to pound dangerously fast. He felt his hands shaking. He knew he had lost all color in his face, looking like he had just seen a ghost. A ghost who was staring down at him, looking at him hungrily.

And then, he let out a scream. 

Changmin knew how loud he could get. His high notes impressed the world so much that it became his signature.

But he swore that there could never be a recording, an album, or a successful concert that could top the level of noise that escaped Changmin's lips at this moment.

"Shh," Jinsuk commanded gently, almost amused at the unsuccessful way Changmin began flailing his arms. He was able to grab Changmin's wrists, preventing the maknae from even attempting to defend himself.

"No!" Changmin yelled again, still struggling to continue his fight, hoping to free himself from Jinsuk's clutches. "Get away! Get away!" Tears immediately began to stream down Changmin's face before he started calling for help. "Kyuhyun! KYUHYUN! HELP ME PLEASE!"

Jinsuk was able to hold both of Changmin's wrists with one hand, before he placed his hand above Changmin's mouth, turning the loud cries into muffled screams. "Kyuhyun won't save you, darling," he said.

Changmin's eyes grew wide, his body finally going still. All he could think about was what could have happened to Kyuhyun.

"I missed you so much," Jinsuk said as he brought his hand from Changmin's mouth to Changmin's hair, running his fingers through the maknae's hair in such a loving way that made Changmin sick.

"Don't touch me!" Changmin yelled. "Where's Kyuhyun? What did you do to him?"

Jinsuk smiled. "He would have gotten in the way," he said simply.

Changmin didn't want to think about what that might have meant. He just wanted Kyuhyun to be here with him and he refused to believe that something bad might have happened to Kyuhyun. 

"After this, we're going to leave together, Minnie," Jinsuk continued to speak. His voice was becoming more and more gentle. "I couldn't ever stop thinking about you," he said. "We're leaving. No one can ever get between us ever again."

Changmin stared at the older man in shock. Changmin thought Jinsuk was crazy if the older man thought he could drag Changmin out again.

Jinsuk bent down, delivering a kiss on Changmin's lips, which the maknae rejected by turning his head and pursing his lips shut. "I love you, Minnie," he whispered in Changmin's ear before bringing his lips down to the scared boy's neck. A devilish smile appeared on Jinsuk's face. "I'm going to enjoy this very much."

Kyuhyun released a shuddering breath as he was awoken by a sharp, loud noise. He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping the room could stop spinning for at least just a second.

He felt useless as he laid on the ground, unmoving. 

And then he heard that noise again. The same noise that woke him up.

"Kyuhyun! KYUHYUN! HELP ME PLEASE!"

Kyuhyun choked, his heart freezing at the sound. "Ch-Changmin-ah," he muttered as he tried to bring himself up, hearing the various screams of terror coming from Changmin. He felt tears forming in his eyes as he realized just how much pain he was in. As he realized that he wouldn't be able to get to Changmin fast enough because of it.

"Don't touch me!"

Kyuhyun shuddered. There was Changmin's voice again. The very sound of that hurt him even more. It practically haunted him. This was torture; hearing your best friend scream in absolute pain and having no ability to help him. 

Kyuhyun squeezed his eyes shut again, trying to ignore the rotating room as well as trying to formulate a plan to save Changmin at the same time. "Ch-Changmin," he sad, releasing a sob.

He had never felt so useless in his life.

Kyuhyun wanted to cry even harder as he heard his phone ringing in the kitchen.

"Ah!" Kyuhyun screamed out in pain as he felt one of his ribs shift out of place as he tried to move. He hissed in pain as he heard Changmin scream once again, this time much more pain filled. He felt like he was the most selfish person in the world right now, but Kyuhyun didn't even want to know what caused Changmin to scream like that.  

What was the point of Yunho leaving Changmin in his care if he couldn't even protect him now?

Changmin wasn't sure how long he was screaming. All he could process was Jinsuk was still here, he didn't know what happened to Kyuhyun, and no one was coming to save them.

"That was too short," Jinsuk said with a sigh. "But I have to be fast. We don't have much time."

Changmin didn't respond, on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter