Our Angel

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho thought Changmin was most adorable when he was asleep. The maknae would always curl up in a loose ball, sometimes talking nonsense in his sleep, which made Yunho laugh hysterically.

Changmin was sleeping right now, but he wasn't making Yunho smile or laugh at all.

Instead, the younger one was laying on the hard, white bed, laying completely still. His breathing was aided by an oxygen mask, and the only sound Changmin was making were the deep breaths he was taking.

Yunho put a hand to Changmin's face, cupping his face in his hand. "I'm really glad you've made it this far, Min," he said in a voice so low he was sure that even if Changmin was awake, he wouldn't be able to hear it. "But can you wake up now so that I can tell you how proud I am? Because I'm really proud of you Changmin, and I really want you to hear me say it." Yunho let a tear freely fall from his face after recieving no response. "You always worried about me," he continued. "You said you thought I forgot how to cry because I have been a leader for so long. Changmin-ah, all you've made me do is cry all night." Yunho grabbed Changmin's hand, squeezing it tight before realizing that he should probably loosen his grip. He didn't want to hurt Changmin anymore, and Changmin looked so weak and frail right now.

"Kyuhyun was here," Yunho said after a few moments of silence. "Everyone got to see you before the hospital forced them all to leave." Yunho smiled. "Kyuhyun is such a good friend to you, isn't he? Sometimes I think he could have protected you better the night you were kidnapped," he said sadly. "He may not be a fighter like me, but he's smart, isn't he? He would have found a way to get you out of the situation. No one would have gotten hurt."

Yunho bit his lip, watching Changmin's pale face, hoping for some type of reaction from his dongsaeng.

"You're free, Min," Yunho finally said, a sad smile slowly making its way on his face. This time, tears of joy fell from his face as he realized how true that statement was. "JinSuk will never touch you again. You don't have to be afraid of him anymore because he'll never be able to hurt you."

Running out of things to say, Yunho started fluffing Changmin's pillow, adjusting his blanket, and gently brushing Changmin's bangs away from his eyes. He was careful to make sure not to accidentally touch any of Changmin's medical equipment, in risk of slowing down Changmin's healing process, even for a second.

"I just want to make sure you're comfortable," Yunho finally said as he settled down. "When you're able to come back home, I'm ordering all of your favorite desserts. And BoA still owes you tteokbokki, remember? I'll make sure to hold her to that promise."

Yunho let out a yawn.

"You're so stubborn," he said to Changmin. "You're always arguing with me and you never listen to what I say. Like right now. I keep asking you to wake up and you refuse." Yunho smiled. "You've always been a deep sleeper, I guess. Waking you up in the morning is like waking up the dead. It's impossible."

Yunho started running his fingers through Changmin's hair. "Fine," he said in mock surrender. "You win this round. You can sleep longer but just this once. You can't win all the time, Min. I won't let you."

Yunho smiled before he leaned over and kissed Changmin's forehead. "Just make sure you have sweet dreams, okay?"

Yunho didn't remember falling asleep.

He woke up, his head laying on the edge of the bed. Yunho was tightly holding Changmin's hand. He looked to the clock, finding out that he had been asleep for only three hours. With his free hand, he rubbed the sleep from his eyes before checking Changmin.

"Min?" Yunho said in concern as he saw the maknae slightly shivering, his face tinted red.

Now that Yunho thought about, Changmin's hand felt really warm.

Yunho brought a hand to Changmin's forehead, which was also very warm and covered in a thin sheen of sweat.

"Min!" Yunho repeated, the only response was Changmin's raspy breathing, as if the oxygen mask was no longer providing any help.

Yunho pressed the call button, calling for a doctor. He didn't know what was wrong with Changmin, but he also knew that something wasn't ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter