Questions

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're here," Yunho said nervously as he parked his car. He received no response from Changmin as the two of them exited the car.

It was clear how nervous Changmin was. The poor maknae couldn't do anything right this morning. He spilled his orange juice during breakfast and accidentally put his shirt on backwards while getting dressed. By the time he was ready to leave, he had been so frustrated that he didn't even bother to do his hair, allowing it to messily stick up in every direction. Yunho had to step in and offered to comb Changmin's hair, making it look somewhat decent.

"Wear this before you go in," Yunho commanded Changmin as the two of them stood outside the clinic. Yunho reached into his pocket and pulled out a long chain necklace, where a silver star hung. "Here," he said as he handed it to Changmin.

Changmin gave a look of surprise as he accepted the necklace. "Hyung-"

"I know you must be really nervous," Yunho began to explain. "I picked this up yesterday morning," he said with a shrug. "You seem a little more relaxed and willing to talk when you're looking at the stars so..." he trailed off.

Changmin smiled as he put the necklace on. "Thanks, Hyung."

Yunho smiled. "Come on. Let's go inside."

The two of them walked into the colorful waiting room. It wasn't as depressing as Yunho imagined it. It looked like any other clinic waiting room, so that, for some reason, was already a good sign for him.

"Why don't you go find a seat and I'll sign you in?" Yunho suggested. Changmin gave him a blank stare before finally nodding. Yunho knew that Changmin could easily fill out his own information; Changmin was a grown man after all. But Yunho wanted Changmin to have every second possible to get his thoughts together before having to see his doctor. Yunho knew what Changmin was like when his mind was racing, and this was a time when Changmin's mind was racing a little too fast.

When Yunho was finally done, he approached Changmin and took a seat next to him. "Do you want me to go with you?" he asked, already knowing the answer was going to be no. But at the same time, Yunho knew it wouldn't hurt to ask. Of course Changmin wouldn't want to be alone in the same room as someone he doesn't know; and his whole encounters with Detective Baek has probably made Changmin a bit more paranoid than he should. Baek was someone who was supposed to work for the greater good, but look what he did. Changmin was probably thinking that Dr. Cha would be the same way. Yunho couldn't blame Changmin, and honestly, Yunho was a bit paranoid as well.

Changmin shook his head. "I-I'll go by myself," he said, though his voice made him sound unsure.

"Okay," Yunho said with a nod. He paused a looked at Changmin for a bit, thinking and hoping that Changmin would change his mind.

But even if he wanted to, Changmin didn't have time to change his mind. "Shim Changmin," a voice called out, causing Changmin to snap his head in that direction. "It's time for your appointment," the man said.

Changmin swallowed before glancing at Yunho once more. He stood up, taking a shaky breath before walking into the man's office.

Detective Park looked to the man sitting across from him with bitterness and disgust.

Keeping true to their word, Detectives Park and Kang didn't tell anyone of Changmin's confessions. Instead, they spoke to the district attorney about suspicous information that they'd "accidentally" stumbled upon, therefore giving them a warrant to search Detective Baek's home.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter