Motivation

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyuhyun," Changmin whispered, his voice still tired from exhaustion. He was heavily leaning on the older one, his head resting on Kyuhyun's shoulder as the Super Junior maknae played with Changmin's hair. "I-is it true that even after everything that happened, I might still be taken to trial?"

Kyuhyun sighed, already hearing the fear coming from Changmin's voice. He slowly nodded. "Yeah buddy," he said sadly. He bit his lip. "I'm so sorry. I really hope that something changes so you don't have to."

"I don't want to do it," Changmin muttered, tightly Kyuhyun's shirt.

"I know you don't," Kyuhyun said with a sigh. "I'd do anything if it meant you not doing this trial."

Changmin swallowed. "He'll be there," he said. "He'll be watching me. I don't...I don't think I can do it."

"Don't say that, Min," Kyuhyun commanded. "Everything you've done so far have all been brave acts. Don't start putting yourself down now." Kyuhyun swallowed. Changmin remained silent. He could tell that Changmin was so confused right now. Going through a near death experience and then being told that you'd have to face your abuser once again couldn't be easy for anyone.

Kyuhyun found himself hugging Changmin tightly. "Oh my gosh, Changmin," Kyuhyun muttered, burying his face into Changmin's hair. "You have no idea how happy I am that you're here; that you're alive." Kyuhyun felt no shame as tears fell from his eyes and his shoulders gently shook with the force of his silent sobs. "You have no idea what went through my head when we got the call that you were brought here. I hate you. You're so selfish. You go save BoA just so you can look good and be labeled a hero. Who do you think you are?"

Changmin smiled. "I love you too, Kyu."

Kyuhyun shook his head, his face still hidden in Changmin's hair. "You're the biggest jerk I've ever met. I don't get why I even hung out with you in the first place."

"You'd do the same for me," Changmin pointed out, the smile never leaving his face.

"Shut up," Kyuhyun replied.

Changmin wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun, holding him close. "You always point out that you're older than me, but right now you're acting like a twelve year old," Changmin said. He let out a sigh. "You're my best friend, Kyu. I know you don't hate me. I wanted you to know that I love you too, okay? I think you forget that sometimes."

"I don't," Kyuhyun muttered.

"Good," Changmin replied. "I don't want you to be mad at me."

Kyuhyun shook his head again. "Of course I'm not mad at you," he replied. "But I think you're the biggest idiot I've ever met."

Changmin smiled again, satisfied with Kyuhyun's response.

"Kyu," Changmin said before clearing his throat. "Can I have some water?"

Kyuhyun quickly nodded before reaching over to the bed side table and pouring Changmin a glass. He brought the glass to Changmin's lips and held it there, allowing Changmin to drink until the glass was empty.

"Thank you," Changmin said as Kyuhyun put the glass down.

"You're welcome," Kyuhyun replied before the two of them started laying down in a more comfortable position on the bed before Kyuhyun spoke up again.

"Min?" 

"Hm?" Changmin hummed, his eyes closing as he laid his head on Kyuhyun's chest. 

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Kyuhyun began. "I know it took me a while before I was able to talk about it but...how did it feel?"

"How did what feel?" Changmin asked.

"You know," Kyuhyun said hesitantly. "Dying. How did it feel?"

Changmin sighed. "Relaxing," he said in all seriousness.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. "Relaxing?"

"And confusing," Changmin added. He swallowed. "I didn't want to die...but at the same time, I welcomed death. I was happy that I wouldn't feel pain anymore or be afraid. But...I wasn't ready to leave all of you. And...I was afraid that some of you would be so depressed. And BoA. She'd probably blame everything on herself." Changmin sighed. "I didn't think it was possible to think as fast as I did that night."

Kyuhyun chuckled. "You're telling me," he replied. "I saw my entire life before I went unconscious."

Changmin smiled. "We can add near death experiences on the list of reasons we're so much alike."

"Already have," Kyuhyun said with a proud smile. He watched as Changmin's eyelids began to droop. He knew Changmin was getting tired again. The doctors warned them that Changmin would feel exhausted for a while because of his medicines and with all the stress Changmin's body had to endure. The fact that after a few days, he was able to stay awake for more than a few seconds was a big improvement. 

"Yunho isn't back with the food yet," Changmin muttered, sounding disappointed.

Kyuhyun nodded. "Yeah," he replied. "But if you want to sleep, go ahead. We'll save your food for you."

Changmin snuggled as he let out a small yawn. "I'm so hungry."

Kyuhyun laughed, glad that Changmin was still able to be himself.

"Kyuhyun?" Changmin said.

"Yeah?"

Changmin smiled. "I'll accept whatever comes from all of this," he said. "I was willing to accept everything from the beginning."

"You have a much better attitude than me, Min," Kyuhyun replied. 

"What do you mean?" Changmin asked.

Kyuhyun smiled. "When I got in my accident, I wasn't willing to accept any of the news the doctors gave me," he said. "But at the same time, I was always so angry just...ready to give up."

"But you're here now," Changmin reminded him. "You sing just as perfectly as you did before the accident. You can still perform and you look great doing it. Because of your strong attitude, you were able to change your future." Changmin unconsciously hugged Kyuhyun. "You shouldn't even be here. You refused to die and because of that, you're here with me right now."

Kyuhyun started petting Changmin's hair. "Well of course I couldn't leave you behind, Min," he said.

Changmin smiled. "I would have never forgiven you."

"Trust me, I know," Kyuhyun replied. "You would probably bring me back to life just to punch me in the face."

"You know," Kyuhyun continued. "I wasn't alone in my fight," he said. "We have the greatest brothers in the world. You know that whatever comes next after all of this, you'll have everyone backing you up. Don't try to be the tough guy, okay? Please accept whatever help from us that's given to you. You deserve everything."

"I don't want to be a burden but...I think I'll need all of you a lot for a while," Changmin confessed. Kyuhyun had seen every side of Changmin at this point. There was no point trying to act tough now.

Kyuhyun smiled. "Then we'll be with you the whole time," he replied. "That's no burden for us."

Changmin smiled. "Kyuhyun," he muttered after some time.

"Hm?"

"Make sure I never get lost again, okay?" Changmin begged. "I never want to be separated from you guys ever again."

Kyuhyun chuckled. "I've already pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter