Hero

Hopeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If we can at least get the two of you out of here, there will be hope for the rest of us," Changmin said, trying to convince Yuki and Eun Mi to follow his escape plan. Time was running out, and he needed them to leave quickly.

Yuki sighed. "But what if-"

"Don't worry about anything," Changmin said. "Let me take care of everything but the two of you need to go." He glanced at Yuki and Eun Mi, still shocked at their stubbornness. 

Yuki quickly wrapped her arms around Changmin. "Please try to be safe until help comes for you."

Changmin smiled, returning the young girl's hug. "I will," he promised. "Be careful."

"Thank you so much, Oppa," Eun Mi finally said, joining the hug.

Changmin didn't reply. He simply let them go. "Everything will be okay," he promised as he struggled to open the nearby window. He shrugged in embarrassment. He had worked hard to rig that window without anyone noticing, and for a second, he almost thought his efforts had failed.

Yuki and Eun Mi smiled. 

Eun Mi was the first to climb out.

Yuki pursed her lips, looking sadly at Changmin. "Oniisan," she muttered. "Will we see each other again?"

Changmin smiled before he nodded. "Of course we will," he replied. "I'll make sure of it."

Yuki smiled, hugging Changmin once again before climbing out the window.

Changmin watched both girls run, until they vanished from view, silently praying that they'd be alright.

Changmin screamed as a large hand smacked him across the face, sending his body falling to the ground from the force.

Once he fought his daze, Changmin took a look at his attacker. When JinSuk wasn't around to make his life miserable, this man made sure to fill that void.

"Now Minnie," the drunk man said as he started kicking Changmin, preventing the younger one from getting up. "What gave you the idea that it was okay to just let those girls go without permission?"

The force of the beating made Changmin feel sick. He breathed heavily to catch his breath, seeing as how Jae Hyun gave him a few seconds to recover. "Th-they don't belong here," Changmin finally replied, making sure to make his voice as strong as much as possible.

"You're more trouble than you're worth," the other man asked. "I don't know what he sees in you."

Struggling to get up, Changmin's eyes widened after hearing a familiar sound.

The man was holding a gun.

Changmin finally sat up, looking at the gun that was pointing right at him.

"He says I can't kill you," the man said. An evil smile appeared on his face. "But he said I'm free to do anything that'll teach you a lesson." The man started to his own shirt as he started walking closer to Changmin. He pointed to an area of the room. "Get on the bed," he commanded.

"You can't kill me," Changmin said defiantly. "I don't have to do anything."

"Yeah," the man replied. "But accidents happen." He approached Changmin, roughly grabbing him again before dragging him and throwing him onto the bed. "I suggest you do everything I tell you. It'll only be for your own good."

But Changmin didn't want this anymore. He never wanted it in the beginning. He knew they'd be rescued soon; he could feel it. Something in his heart was telling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter